Scottish Mag

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle3170792.ece

Harry Redknapp holds talks with Newcastle United

The Portsmouth manager has had a provisional meeting with Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, about replacing Sam Allardyce at St James' Park

More news to follow.

NUFC sacking 2 managers in 1 season is a distinct possibility then. :lol:

There is talk of a press conference at Pompey at 12 o'clock with Harry...

I know it will be the press conference that managers always have before the weekend games but would he still be doing it if we had officially made an approach this morning?

.com seem to make a big deal about Harry/Sam not speaking to the bbc, but does anyone really give a shit?

Sure it would be nice if they were buddies with all media, but if Fergie was to take over, I doubt anyone could care less.

Looks like Hughes is out of the running....

Blackburn boss rules himself out of Newcastle job

BLACKBURN boss Mark Hughes has distanced himself from the vacant manager's job at Newcastle.

Hughes is the bookies' second-favourite behind Harry Redknapp to take over at St James'S Park, but said there haS been no contact with Newcastle - and he does not expect any.

"There's always speculation when any big job comes up. I seem to be talked about in good terms and I'm appreciative of that, but it's just recognition of the work myself and my staff do here," said the Rovers boss.

"I have not spoken to anyone from Newcastle, I spoke to my chairman last night and he has had no contact, and I don't think there will be any contact.

"I am in a very strong position here, I have a great relationship with the chairman and the board and that is really important.

"When managers have that relationship it's a big decision to forego that as the relationship is the key to whether we can be successful."

Hughes said Allardyce's departure from Newcastle on Wednesday had come as a shock to him.

He added: "I think it surprised everyone given the length of tenure of Sam's appointment.

"It was not anywhere near long enough in my view to enable him to be successful.

"There is a lot of pressure and expectation with a number of Premier League jobs and certainly Sam paid the price but he's a proven Premier League manager and I am sure a lot of chairmen will be keeping an eye on what will happen to him in the future."

The full article contains 267 words and appears in n/a newspaper.

Last Updated: 11 January 2008 10:51 AM

Source: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Blackbu...-out.3664243.jp

From Bluestar over on N-O -

Anal just spoke to SSN

Anal on SSN now. Says he's just spoken to Redknapp and 'Arry says he's not spoken to us. But deep down AO gets the feeling it's a done deal.

AO: "This is the job harry has been dreaming of. His wife wont like the rain and wont want to come. I've spoke to Chris Mort, he is new to this. He's playing it by the book."

BLACKBURN boss Mark Hughes has distanced himself from the vacant manager's job at Newcastle.

Hughes is the bookies' second-favourite behind Harry Redknapp to take over at St James'S Park, but said there haS been no contact with Newcastle - and he does not expect any.

"There's always speculation when any big job comes up. I seem to be talked about in good terms and I'm appreciative of that, but it's just recognition of the work myself and my staff do here," said the Rovers boss.

"I have not spoken to anyone from Newcastle, I spoke to my chairman last night and he has had no contact, and I don't think there will be any contact.

"I am in a very strong position here, I have a great relationship with the chairman and the board and that is really important.

"When managers have that relationship it's a big decision to forego that as the relationship is the key to whether we can be successful."

Hughes said Allardyce's departure from Newcastle on Wednesday had come as a shock to him.

He added: "I think it surprised everyone given the length of tenure of Sam's appointment.

"It was not anywhere near long enough in my view to enable him to be successful.

"There is a lot of pressure and expectation with a number of Premier League jobs and certainly Sam paid the price but he's a proven Premier League manager and I am sure a lot of chairmen will be keeping an eye on what will happen to him in the future."

Sounds like he'd love the job tbh

Guest Patrokles
Ok, so it might to be Lippi, or Wenger or Jose :lol: But come on, lets get a slice of realism here. Look at the state of us? Look at what we have done since Bobby left (was pushed) ? Why would any one of that calibre even think of coming here right now? Ive no doubt we could have got Sven, but we had Sam at the time. Jose probably wouldnt even pick up the phone to us. None of us wanted McLaren or Hughes. Would Jol have been much better than Harry? Looks at Spurs start to the season under him?

Im sick of the shit thats been served up this season. IF (still an IF remember) Harry took what was offered, I know Id get behind him.

Ashley wont be saying "I want to with the CL Harry" more like "We need to be in Europe". Then we'd see where we went from there. It is much a sideways step (or would be) but if he did come on ffs give the bloke a chance. No wonder were becoming a laughing stock.

If we're becoming a laughing stock, it's hardly because people wouldn't be happy with Redknapp, it's because of Redknapp himself. No-one expects Mourinho or Lippi, but it seems Ashley isn't looking past Redknapp anyway, which is a massive disappointment given the funds he has at his disposal.

Harry Redknapp man! You can bet your life he won't last longer than a year if he's appointed.

You're getting like Dan.

Ok, so it might to be Lippi, or Wenger or Jose :lol: But come on, lets get a slice of realism here. Look at the state of us? Look at what we have done since Bobby left (was pushed) ? Why would any one of that calibre even think of coming here right now? Ive no doubt we could have got Sven, but we had Sam at the time. Jose probably wouldnt even pick up the phone to us. None of us wanted McLaren or Hughes. Would Jol have been much better than Harry? Looks at Spurs start to the season under him?

Im sick of the shit thats been served up this season. IF (still an IF remember) Harry took what was offered, I know Id get behind him.

Ashley wont be saying "I want to with the CL Harry" more like "We need to be in Europe". Then we'd see where we went from there. It is much a sideways step (or would be) but if he did come on ffs give the bloke a chance. No wonder were becoming a laughing stock.

If we're becoming a laughing stock, it's hardly because people wouldn't be happy with Redknapp, it's because of Redknapp himself. No-one expects Mourinho or Lippi, but it seems Ashley isn't looking past Redknapp anyway, which is a massive disappointment given the funds he has at his disposal.

Harry Redknapp man! You can bet your life he won't last longer than a year if he's appointed.

You're getting like Dan.

And your posts are so predictable it's unreal. Don't you ever get bored of being contrarian all the time? If we appointed Souness again, you'd still defend him because presumably you'd think it'd make you look clever.

BBC are now running this as their lead story as well. Looks even more 'nailed on' for Harry... :lol:

From Bluestar over on N-O -

Anal just spoke to SSN

Anal on SSN now. Says he's just spoken to Redknapp and 'Arry says he's not spoken to us. But deep down AO gets the feeling it's a done deal.

AO: "This is the job harry has been dreaming of. His wife wont like the rain and wont want to come. I've spoke to Chris Mort, he is new to this. He's playing it by the book."

God, cant Mort and Ashley ban Anal from Newcatsle the cock!

Guest Patrokles

You're getting like Dan.

And your posts are so predictable it's unreal. Don't you ever get bored of being contrarian all the time? If we appointed Souness again, you'd still defend him because presumably you'd think it'd make you look clever.

Fuck off. ;)

I reckon they are, he won't be on a quarter of that now.

A fifth of it allegedly, couldn't see Ashley taking him from one of the lowest paid PL managers to being paid £1.5m more than the likes of Fergie.