SSN - Newcastle to make official approach for Redknapp

Scottish Mag

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with this tbh.

He'll put a good team together with Ashley's cash behind him.

He's also bought some shite at every club he's been to (especially West Ham) but I guess every manager does that.

Completely underwhelmed, but realistically we couldn't have got anyone else. At least the football will be a lot more attacking that Allardyce tried. It will also mean that transfer targets which Harry identified for Portsmouth will now be our targets.

Anyone know if Tony Adams is coming with him?

I'm happy with this tbh.

While certainly not a disaster on a Sounessesque scale I can't help but feel we could've done better.

Still he'll have my full backing and hopefully he can surprise us all, one big plus side is that it seems he was the man Ashley wanted for the job and so will have his full backing.

He was on my list of managers I don't want but I'm looking forward now, not back. Ashley obviously wanted him and if he backs him with enough money he has every chance. The way I look at it, Mourinho was the only one I really wanted, the other names mentioned didn't fill me with excitement anyway.

He was on my list of managers I don't want but I'm looking forward now, not back. Ashley obviously wanted him and if he backs him with enough money he has every chance. The way I look at it, Mourinho was the only one I really wanted, the other names mentioned didn't fill me with excitement anyway.

Same as myself.

more of a character than fatsam,

I look forward to some SBR style ramblings.

Slight concern he's in heart attack country coming to our stresspit.

It aint the south coast retirement village.

Edited by trophyshy

I'm happy with this tbh.

While certainly not a disaster on a Sounessesque scale I can't help but feel we could've done better.

Still he'll have my full backing and hopefully he can surprise us all, one big plus side is that it seems he was the man Ashley wanted for the job and so will have his full backing.

We could have tried for better, not 100% convinced we could have got better though.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3038850,00.html

Harry - No Newcastle approach

Pompey boss keen to focus on Sunderland game

Newcastle target Harry Redknapp has again insisted he has not spoken to the Magpies and is keen to focus on his job with Portsmouth.

The Fratton Park manager is widely-reported to be the number one target for Newcastle owner Mike Ashley following the departure of Sam Allardyce.

But Redknapp, who signed an improved deal with Portsmouth in October, dismissed suggestions that his predicted exit for St James' Park was already a done deal.

Rubbish

"To say a deal has already been done is absolute rubbish," he told The News in Portsmouth. "I couldn't say anything else because that's the situation.

"There has been no approach. All I'm doing is trying to get a couple of players in before the Sunderland game (Portsmouth visit the Stadium of Light on Sunday) but I haven't got anywhere with that.

"Nobody from Newcastle has contacted me and in any case, that wouldn't be allowed. Nobody has contacted Peter Storrie."

Redknapp also insisted that he would not be tempted to turn his back on Pompey just because the Magpies were offering him an improved contract.

"Money would not be an issue to me," he stressed. "I wouldn't go anywhere just for the money."

I'm happy with this tbh.

We could have tried for better, not 100% convinced we could have got better though.

I think trying to be positive that it does count for a lot that he is Ashley's choice which should see full backing which can be questioned if not the case.

My view is that if the realistic posters are right and we couldn't have done better then hopefully Redkapp will improve us to the point where we wouldn't be seen as a joke by "elite" managers. This would take UEFA qualification/sniffing at top 4 in my view.

Guest Patrokles
I'm happy with this tbh.

I think trying to be positive that it does count for a lot that he is Ashley's choice which should see full backing which can be questioned if not the case.

My view is that if the realistic posters are right and we couldn't have done better then hopefully Redkapp will improve us to the point where we wouldn't be seen as a joke by "elite" managers. This would take UEFA qualification/sniffing at top 4 in my view.

Not only that, but at least establish some stability, bring some genuine enthusiasm and excitement back to the crowd, etc. Both of those things have to be massive assets for attracting potential managers.

I'm happy with this tbh.

We only have to look to Spurs to see a club who look to have appointed a better manager.

Again if the figure of £5m a year is true (and I take it with a huge mountain of salt) then we really could have been looking at a top european manager imo.

Edited by ewerk