Keegan won't rule out return

bawan

Guest James_coDurham

To be fair we've sacked better managers, but I've pretty much given up hope of getting a manager with long-term plans. Our fans just won't have it. Keegan is one of the few I'd actually back to succeed here, maybe the chemistry is just right, I don't know. I so think his appointment would lift the place three times as much as appointing Shearer would though.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this club needs is to win the first trophy I think then it will snow ball, people would find out how big a club this is.

if KK had managed to win the FA cup or the league we would be massive.

I think KK cannot be anything but a short term option whereas Shearer could be long term.

...like going back with that gorgeous mad bitch who was the best lay of your life. You know it's a mistake, but fuck it.

I like it. You're right, KK coming back is so wrong but it feels so right...

Think of what your missus would say.

I'd have him and shearer ahead of Happy Hughes any day. They know what the club means to the fans and the area something which is of the utmost importance when managing the Toon imo.

The whole place would go mental again and all the fans would be behind them something which we haven't had since keegan left imo

Bugger, beat me to it!

It's ridiculous, my head says no but my heart says yes, I actually feel excited by the prospect of Kev returning to us - totally irrational but I can't help it. Nostalgia-tastic!!!

My head and heart say 'remember fulham, man city and england!?'

Id rather have Hughes than a manager that was shit 5 years ago and is now so out of touch with football hel be even shitter now!

Bugger, beat me to it!

It's ridiculous, my head says no but my heart says yes, I actually feel excited by the prospect of Kev returning to us - totally irrational but I can't help it. Nostalgia-tastic!!!

Id rather have Hughes than a manager that was shit 5 years ago and is now so out of touch with football hel be even shitter now!

Yes he may not have done a great job with England, but what exactly was wrong with his time at Fulham? He also left Man City with a similar record to Hughes current (43.75% and 43.48%)

Bugger, beat me to it!

Yes he may not have done a great job with England, but what exactly was wrong with his time at Fulham? He also left Man City with a similar record to Hughes current (43.75% and 43.48%)

Exactly, England was his only real Failure imo. I'm pretty sure he did a good job helping Fulham on their way up the leagues before the FA came calling for him to manage England. I'd love to see him back here at a club he really wants to do well for.

Am I the only one who remembers the fact he disbanded the reserves and became totally obsessed with stopping people setting foot on the turf?

The reserves decision was one of sheer lunacy tbh.

Now the bloke runs a circus, yep he'll fit in perfectly with the clowns we already have.

Am I the only one who remembers the fact he disbanded the reserves and became totally obsessed with stopping people setting foot on the turf?

Now the bloke runs a circus, yep he'll fit in perfectly with the clowns we already have.

IIRC correctly from reading his biography his problem wasn't the reserves per se but that he thought the club didn't have the facilities to accomodate two teams without the first team suffering from it.

He didn't scrap the reserves at Fulham and Man City, did he?

We're a totally different club now to what we were then. We have grew as a club (not necessarily as a team). I think he'd find the facilities are leagues better than they were then.

On him though, I'm like many. I dont believe it would happen, I think there are much better options. But I just couldnt say no. If he and Shearer came in, I reckon the place would be rocking. It wouldnt certainly see us through until the end of the season and we could re-evaluate from there.

Edited by JawD

but I thought the clowns had gone ? And they were the only clowns in the world ?

Anyway PP, are you forgetting the real reason the reserves was disbanded ? Do you know ? Do you also know that at Fulham he started a new youth programme ..... so whatever happened, he learned from mistakes and certainly doesn't think this now ?

I don't think this is any bigger a gamble than most other alternatives, and is a far better choice than some of the absolute doughnuts who we could end up with ie McLaren to name one.

Edited by LeazesMag

but I thought the clowns had gone ? And they were the only clowns in the world ?

Anyway PP, are you forgetting the real reason the reserves was disbanded ? Do you know ? Do you also know that at Fulham he started a new youth programme ..... so whatever happened, he learned from mistakes and certainly doesn't think this now ?

I don't think this is any bigger a gamble than most other alternatives, and is a far better choice than some of the absolute doughnuts who we could end up with ie McLaren to name one.

When I refer to clowns I didnt mean the board (after all Coco didnt get a look in with the last lot ;) ) I was referring to some of the players, Barton, Geremi, Shola, Carr to name but 4.

To be honest I cant remember the real reason re the reserves but whatever it is, be it Isegrims answer or another I cant see how anyone who had been a top professional footballer could ever see the sense in doing away with the only means a player had to fight for a position or to become match fit and force their way into the first team.

I agree totally that Id prefer the Keegan/ Shearer partnership to the likes of McLaren and a number of others but then again Id prefer someone with a proven track record rather than clinging onto the shirttails of the past. A proven successful management record is something neither of those have.

Hand on heart, could you scream for their resignation if they made the type of decisions the last few have, if Bellamy was still here and had the same bust up with Shearer would you stick up for him LM or would you decide KK/AS were always right?

When KK plays Smith in midfield and continues to pick Carr will people sing "you dont know what you're doing" or will we blindly follow them? More worryingly, if things dont quite go to plan and we're languishing near the bottom 3 will KK up sticks and go? mouthing off about brochures? Or as last time will he fuck off should we murder the likes of Spurs 7-1?

Dont get me wrong, I love both of those for the legends that they are but I hope Im not blinded by sentimentality and sheer blind faith in the past.

I agree totally that Id prefer the Keegan/ Shearer partnership to the likes of McLaren and a number of others but then again Id prefer someone with a proven track record rather than clinging onto the shirttails of the past. A proven successful management record is something neither of those have.

Souness and Dagleish had proven records - that dont mean nuttin

Hand on heart, could you scream for their resignation if they made the type of decisions the last few have, if Bellamy was still here and had the same bust up with Shearer would you stick up for him LM or would you decide KK/AS were always right?

When KK plays Smith in midfield and continues to pick Carr will people sing "you dont know what you're doing" or will we blindly follow them? More worryingly, if things dont quite go to plan and we're languishing near the bottom 3 will KK up sticks and go? mouthing off about brochures? Or as last time will he fuck off should we murder the likes of Spurs 7-1?

Im sorry PP but those questions are stupid

Bugger, beat me to it!

Exactly, England was his only real Failure imo. I'm pretty sure he did a good job helping Fulham on their way up the leagues before the FA came calling for him to manage England. I'd love to see him back here at a club he really wants to do well for.

I don't even think his England tenure was that bad, even though it was probably the very worst type of management for someone like him to be in (again largely a pressure/expectation thing - England being one of the few worse jobs than Newcastle for that).

Still not sure it's a good idea to bring him here again though.

Ginola encourages Keegan return

Keegan has not managed since leaving Man City in 2005

Former Newcastle winger David Ginola says unfinished business could trigger Kevin Keegan's return to the club for a second spell as manager.

Keegan, 56, has fuelled speculation by refusing to rule himself out of the running following Sam Allardyce's exit.

And Ginola, who played for the club from 1995-97, backed his former boss when asked about a potential return.

"Why not?" he told BBC Radio 5 Live. "When I was there, we didn't achieve what we expected at the time."

Ginola was referring to the 1995-96 season, when Newcastle, with a 12-point lead at Christmas in the Premier League, were eventually overtaken by Manchester United.

But, despite his failure to land the club's first major trophy since 1955, Ginola feels Keegan's affinity with the Toon can be rekindled in a bid for success.

606: DEBATE

KEEGAN: YES OR NO?

coxongilly

"Kevin Keegan was the main reason I signed for the club. He really brought something special in terms of spirit," said the Frenchman.

"He really was the man for the job, especially at Newcastle.

"I learned a lot about how to respect everybody at the club and I am sure this is why he was so loved and appreciated."

Keegan, who quit his last job as Manchester City boss in March 2005, told BBC Sport in October that he was unlikely to manage a team again.

But he has been linked with a return to the club he managed from 1992-97 and told Sky Sports News on Monday: "I'm not ruling myself out or in. It's a club I love, everyone knows that."

The ex-England coach is currently running his "Soccer Circus" in Glasgow and has been linked with a return to management alongside fellow Newcastle legend Alan Shearer.

He was also linked with a return to the club last summer as director of football following Mike Ashley's takeover.