Official Match Thread - Birmingham 1-1 Newcastle

khay

Keegan is turning it around.

Our last few games are proof that the way to play, is his way.

He's got these players playing the right way, despite the league position, pressure of the current situation and lack of quality in midfield and pace in the forward positions.

A couple of good signings, just like last time, and we are on our way.

Barton was shite, I have never seen someone give the ball away so much.

Owen's goal was great. Its no good having talent without desire, so much of football is about desire, and he wanted that goal more than anybody and made it his goal. Superb.

Geremi did a good job. Viduka was alright but not enough movement.

Baye was also very good, as was Enrique, solid.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got these players playing the right way, despite the league position, pressure of the current situation and lack of quality in midfield and pace in the forward positions.

Owen's goal was great. Its no good having talent without desire, so much of football is about desire, and he wanted that goal more than anybody and made it his goal. Superb.

He cant cross at all like

Guest Stevie

I'm not reading through the bollocks yous have put already, because 40% of you are wanks who genuinely haven't got a clue and you may have said this already.

The two absolute positives for me aside from the point, were Martins reaction to being taken off, his desire second half was class, he showed me he cared, and Enrique. Enrique played some shocking passes at times, but he wanted the ball all the time, the key thing is he never hid, we've so many cowards in the past and he won't be one of them, he will get better and better, clearly even though we're playing shit, someone has given him a little boost, he was fuckin demanding the ball.

Souness famously said "I have no doubts about Luque", honestly I had a few about Enrique, but the lad wants to do well, and has shown glimpses he can be a good player for us. Good lad keep it up.

aye, he gave a bit of width, and was solid, so in view of playing Viduka, Martins and Owen, it probably made sense.

Unbelievable that somebody considered him to be a replacement for Solano, maybe.

Still, according to Mort, our transfer policy last summer was "good business" whatever the fuck that means in football terms.

Stevie? Promise me you'll go into public office.

"none of yee bastards knows a damned thing, and if you have I don't care because I want to say it now." :(

a couple of fair points too, although I hope Martins' desire is to play well for the team and not just a petulant display from one who wants to play regardless of the merits to his ex/inclusion.

I'm not reading through the bollocks yous have put already, because 40% of you are wanks who genuinely haven't got a clue and you may have said this already.

You really are a muppet aren't you?

You begin your post by stating you haven't read the thread, but 40% of us are 'wanks' anyway who haven't got a clue..... but we may have said what you are about to say?

Just take 5 mins to think about what you are about to say before you type it eh? You might have been a supporter for a long time who has a sizeable knowledge of NUFC; but you don't half come across like a complete pleb sometimes.

Oh, before I forget; you do get a redeeming 3pts for not referring to either the group or a singular person as either a 'cunt' or a variation thereof.

Tedious tbh

aye, he gave a bit of width, and was solid, so in view of playing Viduka, Martins and Owen, it probably made sense.

Unbelievable that somebody considered him to be a replacement for Solano, maybe.

Still, according to Mort, our transfer policy last summer was "good business" whatever the fuck that means in football terms.

Behave yourself man. :(

Surely Barton, Butt, or Geremi had to go.

Another game that looked like we might lose in the first half, another game we should have won in the second half, and another fuck-up in defense.

With the absense of Duff, Zoggy, and Milner it was pretty obvious there wasn't going to be many crosses going in from the wings.

I thought Martins should have stayed on, Geremi or Barton should have made way for Zoggy.

The two absolute positives for me aside from the point, were Martins reaction to being taken off, his desire second half was class, he showed me he cared, and Enrique. Enrique played some shocking passes at times, but he wanted the ball all the time, the key thing is he never hid, we've so many cowards in the past and he won't be one of them, he will get better and better, clearly even though we're playing shit, someone has given him a little boost, he was fuckin demanding the ball.

Souness famously said "I have no doubts about Luque", honestly I had a few about Enrique, but the lad wants to do well, and has shown glimpses he can be a good player for us. Good lad keep it up.

Enrique is looking canny to me, I like the way he "holds" his position, stays composed, and he is quite strong and determined.

Beye is the best right back we have had for a long time too.

Surely Barton, Butt, or Geremi had to go.

Another game that looked like we might lose in the first half, another game we should have won in the second half, and another fuck-up in defense.

With the absense of Duff, Zoggy, and Milner it was pretty obvious there wasn't going to be many crosses going in from the wings.

I thought Martins should have stayed on, Geremi or Barton should have made way for Zoggy.

Geremi for me; but if I'm honest, I'd rather he never played for us again. On top of that, I would have gambled for the win.

Having said that, I'm not at the pointy end of the stick; and under the circumstances a point away from home against a team in the position B'ham are in is worth ensuring we got.

Enrique is looking canny to me, I like the way he "holds" his position, stays composed, and he is quite strong and determined.

Beye is the best right back we have had for a long time too.

With Enrique and Beye, Given and Harper, Milner Zog and Duff and Martins with Owen (if he stays) as the core of next seasons team I think we've got the nucleus of a decent Keegan side.

Guest Stevie

You begin your post by stating you haven't read the thread, but 40% of us are 'wanks' anyway who haven't got a clue..... but we may have said what you are about to say?

Just take 5 mins to think about what you are about to say before you type it eh? You might have been a supporter for a long time who has a sizeable knowledge of NUFC; but you don't half come across like a complete pleb sometimes.

Oh, before I forget; you do get a redeeming 3pts for not referring to either the group or a singular person as either a 'cunt' or a variation thereof.

Tedious tbh

The other 60%.

If I come across as a "pleb" and a "muppet" to someone who still uses these phrases a good 10 years after people stopped using them (other than Welsh cunts like Charlotte Church in that advert) then ye naa what, am fuckin devastated.

Get to bed you boring cunt, you have fuck all to say.

Tedious tbh

The other 60%.

If I come across as a "pleb" and a "muppet" to someone who still uses these phrases a good 10 years after people stopped using them (other than Welsh cunts like Charlotte Church in that advert) then ye naa what, am fuckin devastated.

Aye, whatever you say Stevie. You've done nothing more to change my opinion of you. You're consistent, if nothing else. Which is something our team should aspire towards.......

Guest Stevie

Tedious tbh

The other 60%.

Aye, whatever you say Stevie. You've done nothing more to change my opinion of you. You're consistent, if nothing else. Which is something our team should aspire towards.......

I agree.

What was the point of your post though?

I'm off to bed anyway, knobheads! I would have taken a draw before the game, and I definitely would have taken one at half time. There's a good chance we'll beat Fulham this weekend an'all, cos I'm not there!

I knew it, I fucking knew it!

Gemmill is Alan Smith.

martins was unlucky to be subbed last night like. i thought he was lively second half - keegan would have probably gone for the win and kept him on if we weren't struggling so badly. we were the only side in it second half but a point was a good result in the end.

the next game is massive. we've got to beat fulham and hope bolton keep on losing.

We could do with Man Utd really stuffing Bolton tomorrow, from a goal difference and confidence perspective. I'm hoping the difference between us and Bolton staying up is the difference between Davies, Diouf and Rasiak with our Martins, Owen and Viduka.

With Saturday in mind, I'd try and keep someone touch tight on Bullard as I think we can halt any threat they pose by nullyfying him. I'm hoping the 2nd half performance last night transcends to Saturday and I'd think we'd be alright.

Bolton have a dreadful run-in like. It could be our saving grace. I'm hoping we don't have to keep relying on the likes of them losing though. Win on Saturday and we're well on the way to staying up.

Bolton's run-in is a factor but looking at the fixtures over the next 3 or 4 weeks there are a lot of 6 pointers eg Brum Vs Reading on Saturday.

In that context I think another 7 or 8 points will do it.

Yeah, the more that cliche terms like "we can only look after ourselves" get banded about, the more i'm actually starting to believe them. The fulham game is pivotal, a win could see us have a decent end to the season, but defeat could be devastating as we, the coaching staff and the players know this is probably our most winnable game left.

Bolton have a dreadful run-in like. It could be our saving grace. I'm hoping we don't have to keep relying on the likes of them losing though. Win on Saturday and we're well on the way to staying up.

I can't see them picking up too many points from these games. Not more than 9 at a maximum. Fulham have a couple of games against teams fighting against relegation themselves. But I can't see them finishing with more than 35 points in the end. So we should be more or less fine if we win at least two of the remaining games.

And I really hope that yesterday's game is giving us a bit of kick start. A win would have been nice, but coming from behind, showing passion and determination is hopefully giving the players a much needed confidence boost. Keegan's attacking formation was sort of the right note of exclamation as well.

I don't want to sound too gloomy, but I think we'll only manage a draw against Fulham. Which would put us right back into it.

It'll be a tight game I think. An early goal for us would be great and ease a lot of the pressure.

I don't want to sound too gloomy, but I think we'll only manage a draw against Fulham. Which would put us right back into it.

Only if the teams below us win their games, which I don't think is likelier, Gloombadil.