Euro 2008

Kid Dynamite

I'm pretty much the same as Snakey, no real allegiance to any one team... although I specifically don't want France to win it.

Why?

More a dislike of their country and countrymen, rather than anything against the team or individual players.

it's a touch of ignorance and petulance :D

I also want France to win because of this kind of attitude. :blink:

:razz: Just never liked any French person I've ever met. Seems a suitable reason for wishing them ill.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do pundits always go for Spain and Portugal in these things?

Will they never learn that they're bigger bottlers than England?

Gary Lineker:

It's open, but I'm going for those perennial underachievers Spain. They've got a bit more strength in depth this time, a lack of which has let them down in the past. Their spine - Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Cesc Fabregas, Xavi, Fernando Torres and David Villa - is very strong.

Euro 2008 one to watch: Cristiano Ronaldo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan Pearce:

I believe Portugal can win Euro 2008. They have a group of players that reached the final in 2004 and got to the semis of the World Cup in 2006 and they have the best player in the world in Cristiano Ronaldo. Is this his year?

Euro 2008 ones to watch: Torres, Villa, Jeremy Toulalan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan Shearer:

They have always struggled, but I can see Spain winning it this time, they have got a fantastic spine throughout the team in goalkeeper Casillas, defender Carles Puyol, midfielder Fabregas and the two boys up front Torres and Villa.

Euro 2008 one to watch: Ronaldo.

Lee Dixon:

My head says that Germany will win but my heart wants Spain to finally triumph. It will be interesting to see Fabregas make the step up - will Euro 2008 help develop his football education?

Euro 2008 ones to watch: Fabregas, Mario Gomez and Benzema.

Alan Hansen:

I'd be surprised if the winner didn't come from the usual suspects, either Germany, Italy, France or Spain. It'd be nice for Spain to win it this time, but if I have to pick a winner I'll say Germany. Outside of them Croatia and Czech Republic are the dark horses.

Euro 2008 one to watch: Torres.

Gavin Peacock:

I think Germany will win the tournament. Their squad from two years ago is still very much together and Michael Ballack is their king. I'd like to see Croatia win it, they did for England but I like the way they play football.

Euro 2008 one to watch: Franck Ribery.

Steve Wilson:

My heart says Netherlands because Marco van Basten is continuing their fine traditions, but my head says Germany because they have got that continuity after the World Cup with Joachim Loew. It's on their doorstep and in their language, too.

Euro 2008 one to watch: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

John Motson:

Germany are the favourites you would have to say because they are extremely mentally strong and they know what they have to do. There is a good, positive vibe about German football at the moment and they will be expecting to shine as always.

Euro 2008 ones to watch: Huntelaar, Luka Modric, Benzema.

Guy Mowbray:

My head says Spain and my heart says Spain this time. I've tipped them for every recent tournament and they've failed so if I don't tip them and they win that would be too frustrating. There is no team they are not capable of beating.

Euro 2008 ones to watch: Modric, Ronaldo, Torres.

Jacqui Oatley:

I reckon Germany and Italy have to be the favourites because they both know how to win these tournaments. It would be good for the competition if the host nations did well but it is difficult to see that happening.

Euro 2008 ones to watch: Gomez, Ricardo Quaresma, Benzema Huntelaar.

Mark Lawrenson:

I'd love to see Spain win it and I would like to think they can do it this time. They always have very good players but they have possibly got more quality at this tournament and some of their players have useful experience of playing in another league too.

Euro 2008 one to watch: Karim Benzema.

Mark Bright:

My heart says Spain to win the tournament because like England they are underachievers, but they have good players in good leagues playing for top clubs. Having said that, my head reckons Germany.

Euro 2008 one to watch: Benzema.

Damian Johnson:

Like many of my colleagues I'm tipping Spain to win it, but I think Croatia are real dark horses and I can see them going far.

Euro 2008 one to watch: Ronaldo.

Adrian Chiles:

I will be supporting Croatia at Euro 2008 as I'm half-Croatian, but I can definitely see Germany winning it - probably on penalties. You can't discount the Germans from ever winning a tournament like this.

Euro 2008 one to watch: Torres.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...008/7421737.stm

Is Gomez going to be starting every game?

who can say but going off his 28 in 32 I'd have though so assuming he takes his form into training/euro matches

I'm actually putting a bit of money on my shouts but I'm going for them seperately instead of 1 because I'm not sure about him

think I'll put one in for ronaldo to top score as well

I'm going for Germany with Gomez at top scorer

I have done I think it's a good call. I heard he'll be starting every game. I'll be pissed if he doesn't.

that's why I'm splitting my bets :up:

Villa/Spain, Klose/Germany and Ronaldo/Portugal are the only first scorer/winner bets I'd consider putting on.

wouldn't go for torres spain?

Villa/Spain, Klose/Germany and Ronaldo/Portugal are the only first scorer/winner bets I'd consider putting on.

Torres has been brilliant this season, but Villa has been more prolific for Spain in the past. That's what swayed my decision.

Well to go for Torres/Spain you'd have to think Spain will win, which is a bad shout.

Support for Portugal also makes me sad. That lot got beat by Greece in their own country -says it all really. These pundits seem to think Portugal is just 10 Ronaldos and a keeper when in reality they have a handful of total nobodies and another handful of aging, petulant ex-world beaters. They also seem to forget Ronaldo often goes missing in big games.

I'm a little biased though since I despise Portugal. Watching them play leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't really see how anybody could bet against Italy.

because they are rubbish and wont get through their group

WUM world champions=rubbish :up:

they are an aging side though and in the group of death with france and holland so any one of those three could go out, I wouldn't put money on any of them until after the group stage myself