Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Have the club ever come out and admitted they haven't been giving cups a real go and explained why ?

“The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan Athletic were both relegated).

“Independent research into the cost of relegation over the past ten years showed there is a 50% chance of not gaining promotion back to the top flight and a 30% chance of being relegated to League One or further. In addition, if clubs do return to the Premier League, it takes four years on average.”

CHYjkUEWgAAQ8du.jpg

Not sure it's an appointment worthy of a third season ticket deadline date and begging letter.

"Please come back Chris we're sorry and all that mate, Uncle Steve is going to make it all better" i take it there's been no upturn in season tickets sales since McLarens appointment ? Edited by trooper

So for the last 5 years the board have been selecting the ( weakened ) teams for cup games, with little chance of winning the games, but secretly thinking we could win a cup if we played our best team, but with a 30% chance of relegation with a cup in the trophy room,it just wasn't worth it.So next season we are going to accept there is a 30 % of relegation if we win a cup and it's now worth it.Have i got that right ?

So for the last 5 years the board have been selecting the ( weakened ) teams for cup games, with little chance of winning the games, but secretly thinking we could win a cup if we played our best team, but with a 30% chance of relegation with a cup in the trophy room,it just wasn't worth it.So next season we are going to accept there is a 30 % of relegation if we win a cup and it's now worth it.Have i got that right ?

No idea, you'd have to be a cryptographer to decipher that post.

No, you missed out the bit about Quinn's drink driving

Did i mention the makems not staying quiet during the minutes silence at Highbury for Bertie Mee,or at Cardiff for John Charles,or at Leicester for Keith Weller.

You didn't.

Please, tell us more.

Did i mention the makems not staying quiet during the minutes silence at Highbury for Bertie Mee,or at Cardiff for John Charles,or at Leicester for Keith Weller.

You didn't.

Please, tell us more.

Essembee said to Joe Harvey

Have you heard of the team, SAFC?

No, said Joe, I don't think so

But I've heard of the Niall Quinn....

Fellow.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-boss-steve-mcclaren-9454551

Steve McClaren wants to appoint a young up-and-coming coach as part of his Newcastle United backroom team – to form a link between the new boss and the dressing room.

United have made contact with former Middlesbrough and Sunderland midfielder Bolo Zenden after tentative overtures to Phil Neville proved unsuccessful.
Zenden has coaching experience, having worked under Rafa Benitez at Chelsea, and is well known to McClaren from their time working together at Boro. He is an intelligent and forward-thinking character who has been working in Holland with PSV Eindhoven – and would be an interesting choice to work with a dressing room that draws players from all over the globe.
McClaren is working to bring together a backroom team that can fulfil his remit of improving the existing squad after the club made a definitive break with the Alan Pardew era by parting company with John Carver and Steve Stone last week.
And in an interesting move it is understood that Neville, currently working as BBC pundit, was sounded out.
McClaren may also add Paul Simpson, his No 2 at Derby County, to his coaching staff while Steve Black is also in line for a role at the club.
McClaren, who said last week he wanted to have a team in place by Monday, promised a wide-ranging review of club operations last week. He said: “We’re going to review everything the club has been doing. The first thing is the present playing squad – assessing it and what can we do to improve things? What can we add?
“That’s the priority but my remit is to review it, listening to what people are saying and putting a plan together by July 1 when everyone comes back.”

Good to see Shteve bringing a fresh new approach to this management lark. Looking at appointing coaching staff to bridge the gap between him and the players, with serious consideration being given to people he's worked with before. Looking to assess the current playing staff to assess where we need to strengthen and who we need to get rid of. Aiming to have a plan in place for the upcoming season by the start of pre-season training. Thank God for the Chronic for this amazing insight into his futuristic methods.