Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Why wouldn't it be different?

What do you think McClaren's job will actually entail? Or do you simply believe Ashley puppet-mastery extends to training methods as well?

I think McLaren's job will entail trying to coach/train/motivate a bunch of players who were bought on the cheap and bought to be sold as soon as they show the slightest bit of talent. Y'know, like every other manager we've had since Ashley went all miser on us. I see nothing in McClaren's record in the PL that says he's about to launch us up the table without the sort of backing he got from Gibson, and I see nothing in Ashley's record that he's about to start backing this club even a tenth as much as Gibson did for t'Boro. It will be different only in so far as the name on the door will not be Coach Carver. Mark my words.

As long as it's not a case of "not getting him over the line", actually part of me hopes he's making Ashley work for it , giving his demands perhaps. He's got to want to sort the coaching out and he'll have a style he wants to build to.

Seriously, on what planet is it even remotely likely that Schteve McLaren will be issuing demands to Charnley who will then funnel them to Mike who will then say, yes, definitely, Schteve is such a hot property that I absolutely must repeat the same mistake I made last time and give him promises I know I won't keep, so he can shaft me in a tribunal 12 months down the line.

On this issue, I'm inclined to believe fat Mike when he says, 'look guys, all I do is tell Charnley how much he can spend on getting a manager and how much he can then let that manager spend without selling first'. If it is Schteve, then I think you can bet your bottom dollar the interview lasted all of 5 minutes and consisted of McLaren simply saying yes a lot.

Getting appointed today according to my last passenger who heard it on Sky this morning.

Did you tell them how great it was and how the only way is up from here, given what Ashley said in his interview? One day you'll say that to someone with cheese wire and a hair trigger.

Did you tell them how great it was and how the only way is up from here, given what Ashley said in his interview? One day you'll say that to someone with cheese wire and a hair trigger.

I gave him both barrels of optimism. I'm sure his day will be better for it.

:lol:

:lol:

That, after a 15 minute monologue on the joys of metal-detecting.

Do you carry Samaritans cards,CT?

More than half of his income from sponsorship tbf.

11242269_1434182896889752_721256899_n.jp

samaritans_taxi2.jpg