iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imported my iPad from someone I knew in the US. Basically you can get the items quicker if the release date is much later in the UK like they were, but on cost its not that different. Sure I send him money that saved me about £100 but I had a tax bill from the courier of around £80 before they would release it.

I imported my iPad from someone I knew in the US. Basically you can get the items quicker if the release date is much later in the UK like they were, but on cost its not that different. Sure I send him money that saved me about £100 but I had a tax bill from the courier of around £80 before they would release it.

Aye, it all depends on what's been recorded on the customs slip. I've had expensive items arrive from the states and not had to pay any extra, but then I've had other items (like my watch) and had to pay almost as much (if you include the shipping costs too) as the cost of the item itself!

I think if you can get them to state the item is a gift or put a lower value on the customs slip then you'll get away with paying additional charges.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just gone for it. Downloading it atm.

Be prepared for many "network failure" messages and the temptation to throw your computer out of the window...

Only on the 4S. Not to get all Android vs iphone, but the most notable changes on ios5 have been available on Androids for years.

Even the changes they've made in Safari have been available in 3rd party iphone and ipad browsers for a while.

It's like they rely on user ignorance to pass this stuff off as groundbreaking.

Ios5 is canny underwhelming.

Aye. I tried that location reminders thing out today and, although it worked, it's nowhere near as good as they made it out to be.

The locations you can set are limited to an address book entry, your current location, or, in my case, home, work, work or work. Plus, as far as I can tell, you have to set a time for the reminder so the whole, 'when I arrive', 'when I leave' options are pretty pointless.

Also, if your reminder is location based, location services is constantly running on the days you set the reminder - obvious when you think about it, but it's a constant drain on your battery especially if your reminder isn't set until the end of the day.

Remote sync isn't all it's cracked up to be either. My iTunes showed my iPad under devices, so I clicked Sync, but (I'm assuming) as my iPad wasn't being charged the sync failed and it disappeared from my device list. So now I need to revert to the trusty USB cable to get the fucker back in my devices!