iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Well impressed. Mine is due for an upgrade (I have the Iphone 3G). This offers many of the things that were missing, especially multitasking. Also to come to the iPad as you'd expect.

Good stuff.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably worth me holding off til Xmas tbh, 6 months closer to contract end and they'll hopefully have fixed the inevitable glitches and bugs

Looks a lot like a Sony Ericsson with the square look. They've added some bits and pieces, and it does look nice, but a couple of the OMG things they've added people just don't need or could get elsewhere a year ago. Video calling, multi-tasking and threaded emails for instance. I'm sure it's a really nice phone though.

Agree with the above here, there's nothing much groundbreaking here, just Apple spoonfeeding technology to the iPhone because there's a large fanbase silly enough to stump up the cash.

I don't really see much to get cock in hand about, video calling has been around for years and isn't a very effective way of calling someone. That said as I've got an iPhone already and my contract runs out very soon I'll probably upgrade.

I'm disappointed the max storage is still 32GB, was hoping for 64GB by now. Still, I decided a while ago I'd ditch my 32GB iPod touch for the next iPhone and there's still enough to make me do it... besides, I'm far too impatient to wait until the 64GB version is released!

It's so you don't need to close apps down completely to do certain things like answer your phone or reply to a text message.

I was under the impression it did that already? I mean, if you answer your phone the web page or text is still there, right? I can't imagine doing both at the same time...........

It's so you don't need to close apps down completely to do certain things like answer your phone or reply to a text message.

I was under the impression it did that already? I mean, if you answer your phone the web page or text is still there, right? I can't imagine doing both at the same time...........

I think it's more to do with third party applications. For example at the moment if I'm using WunderRadio and I get a text message I have to exit the application completely to reply to the text message, which isn't too good if I'm trying to listen to the radio. The same goes for most other applications, you can't pause a game and get back on with it once you've finished chatting on the phone.

As I haven't got one I can't say for sure but I didn't think it did. Also don't you have to stop listening to the music if you want to send a txt or browse the web?

As I haven't got one I can't say for sure but I didn't think it did. Also don't you have to stop listening to the music if you want to send a txt or browse the web?

Don't believe so, on the touch you can listen to music while fannying about on the web/contacts/emails etc... As Ketsbaia mentioned, it's probably more to do with 3rd party apps/games.

You can still listen to music that you've stored on the iPhone if you're texting and browsing the web. Like Ketsbaia said, it's more for the 3rd party apps. So, if I was playing the radio app I could browse the web, or use another 3rd party app.

I can't see anything there at all that I'd really need, multi-tasking would be nice but not essential to me.

And Facetime? FFS my Nokia N73 had video calling functionality 5 years ago, and it's only available if you're connected to Wifi, hardly something to be shouting about.

Isn't the next firmware upgrade for the 3gs going to support multi-tasking? Or will that be scrapped because it'll mean the 4g has even less to shout about.

Isn't the next firmware upgrade for the 3gs going to support multi-tasking? Or will that be scrapped because it'll mean the 4g has even less to shout about.

I hope not.

When is the update due anyway?

As I said in the previous page, it'll be useful for apps like Skype and Instant Messaging because you'll be able to just leave them running in the background.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/howtoupgrade.html

O2 have now listed various details and special offers for upgrading to the new iphone on June 24.

Im a bit confused?

Can I keep my same pay monthly contract but renew it for 18 months or do I have to sign up to a more expensive contract.

I don't believe O2 have release any iPhone 4 contract details yet I imagine the offers are just surrounding early upgrades. So if the iPhone 4 contract is more expensive than your current one then you'll have to sign up to that.