Given signs for Man City

Matty

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys remember , harper is away also in the summer , he's not going to sign new contract .

Krull is an amazing talent , but he needed loaned out more for the experience .

I think krul should of had more chance in the first team ( ie cup games etc ) after the performance he gave against Palermo

he's not the only one , donninger and goodsmark , ranger ect ect all showing our first team up , and deserved alot more playing time ,

hull put their reserves out against us and knocked us outa FA cup , we shoulda played the kids and would have had more chance of winning watching our first teams perfomance that day .

Totally agree with you. We have some cracking youth talent. Wouldn't mind seeing Tozer and Kadar

guys remember , harper is away also in the summer , he's not going to sign new contract .

I think krul should of had more chance in the first team ( ie cup games etc ) after the performance he gave against Palermo

he's not the only one , donninger and goodsmark , ranger ect ect all showing our first team up , and deserved alot more playing time ,

hull put their reserves out against us and knocked us outa FA cup , we shoulda played the kids and would have had more chance of winning watching our first teams perfomance that day .

Totally agree with you. We have some cracking youth talent. Wouldn't mind seeing Tozer and Kadar

Genuine quesion as I keep hearing this - have you ever seen any of them play?

yup , followed donniger and goodsmark for years , watched ranger kadar and tozer alot lately , each player mentioned would show half our first team up .

they deserved time in the first team ages ago .

Well if my (usually reliable) source is correct, Shay has played his last game for us....

<_<

After seeing him on Saturday this wouldn't surprise me in the least. He looks so pissed off it's untrue. Have to be getting a lot more money for him that they have allegedly bid though. Not that the team will see any of it like.

yup , followed donniger and goodsmark for years , watched ranger kadar and tozer alot lately , each player mentioned would show half our first team up .

Fair enough. I meant the Cornish Pastie like <_<

Well, I disagree. On the initial specific point that is. They quite clearly are.

Enough to uproot your kids and family and move to a different part of the country? If it was Arsenal then its no contest, but Man City already have a highly rated keeper and, like I said, they have yet to sign anyone of note this window. They arent in Europe and wont be next season either most likely. Kaka has set the precedent now, none of the worlds top players want to play for City, thats why they are signing people like Bellamy and Jo for crazy prices.

Same goes for Spurs imo, they are just as likely to go down as us atm

Well if my (usually reliable) source is correct, Shay has played his last game for us....

<_<

After seeing him on Saturday this wouldn't surprise me in the least. He looks so pissed off it's untrue. Have to be getting a lot more money for him that they have allegedly bid though. Not that the team will see any of it like.

Only thing remaining to be seen is if we're smart enough to insist he doesn't play next Wednesday. Knowing NUFC (and remembering the Lua Lua farce), I very much doubt it...

<_<

Fair enough. I meant the Cornish Pastie like <_<

doh <_<

Im sure hel be excited at the prospect of working with Bellamy again, if I was him id hold off and see who else they bring in this window.

Are you saying they aren't a much more attractive proposition than us at present then?

And following on from your retort, Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham couldn't stand each other but they still played together and were professional on the pitch. Plus I'm sure at every club Bellamy has been to he's been regarded as a cunt but he's also the sort of player you'd much rather have on your side than the opposition's.

Yeah. They managed a flukey signing in Robinho who could be on his way to Chelsea soon anyway, a horrendous publicly doomed bid for Kaka, and paid 3 times what Bellamys worth for a player who only scored 7 goals in his West Ham career.

They are 2 points above us in the league at the minute and if they fail to sign anymore decent players in january they could quite easily be as fucked as us. Which is why I said he should hold off and see who they sign.

<_<

Reminds me of that time we flukily signed Michael Owen, made an horrendous public bid for Rooney and paid three times what Boumsong was worth, and for a player who had previously went on a free transfer six months before hand as well. Happy days.

Exactly, out of the frying pan and into the fire. You can guarantee Hughes will be gone in the Summer and whats to say the next manager gives a fuck about Shay

I have always thought Shay is the worlds best... but if we managed to grind out johnson, onouha and maybe another through the transfer i dare say it may be a blessing in disguise.

I have always thought Shay is the worlds best... but if we managed to grind out johnson, onouha and maybe another through the transfer i dare say it may be a blessing in disguise.

if, buts and maybes ?

and if harper stays till end of season (he's not signing new contract and have been told he wont) , there has been interest in him aswell this summer , ( one deal didnt come off , but others interested ) knowing our lot we will take cash now rather than lose him on a free in summer .

EDIT : im not one of those itk people , but used to play for the academy (with strolla of all people , and he was fast then <_< ) so i hear little bits now and again , and people inside saint james' (toon fans themselves) are gettin so pissed off that there opeining their mouths abit more when they shouldnt be , but there fans just like us and just as pissed off

Edited by Hadrian

Well, I disagree. On the initial specific point that is. They quite clearly are.

Enough to uproot your kids and family and move to a different part of the country? If it was Arsenal then its no contest, but Man City already have a highly rated keeper and, like I said, they have yet to sign anyone of note this window. They arent in Europe and wont be next season either most likely. Kaka has set the precedent now, none of the worlds top players want to play for City, thats why they are signing people like Bellamy and Jo for crazy prices.

Same goes for Spurs imo, they are just as likely to go down as us atm

They are a much more attractive prospect than us. Anyone who isn't a Newcastle fan (and most who are) would laugh at any argument to the contary. There are absolutely no guarentees about the future in any walk of life regarding changes, least of all in football and even less so regarding the future at NUFC with our joke of an owner and semi-temporary manager or whatever his current status is. So to say things might not work out at City for him doesn't make them any less appealing in relation to us. Spurs are more attractive too btw, although not as attractive. I've no idea why you brought them up though tbh.

if, buts and maybes ?

and if harper stays till end of season (he's not signing new contract and have been told he wont) , there has been interest in him aswell this summer , ( one deal didnt come off , but others interested ) knowing our lot we will take cash now rather than lose him on a free in summer .

I know its if buts and maybes... why not even try and get Schmeichel Jr?? just trying to think of posotives

Cos they are in a similar position to city, lots of money but staring at relegation. Anywhere is better than here at the minute, im just speculating whether City is 'that' much better for him to leave his home and fans who worship him. Maybe he knows something we dont in regards to Summer transfers etc that they might be making.

Cos they are in a similar position to city, lots of money but staring at relegation. Anywhere is better than here at the minute, im just speculating whether City is 'that' much better for him to leave his home and fans who worship him. Maybe he knows something we dont in regards to Summer transfers etc that they might be making.

No fucking way will Man City go down. I'll bet you owt you like ;)

To be honest If we cant negotiate a very good fee with the richest club in the world for one of the best keepers in Europe we may as well give up now ;)

If Bellamy went for £14m I would expect the same or more for Shay.

if, buts and maybes ?

I know its if buts and maybes... why not even try and get Schmeichel Jr?? just trying to think of posotives

nah your right mate, ive rated johnson and onouha for years myself , krulls a better prospect for schmical jr aswell tbh .

its just this current regime , they havent got a fucking clue what there doing . buying youth is fantastic ( but for what motives ) just not when your first teams wank .

Id say it would be down to not where City are now, but could be in 24 months time compared to where we could be in 24 months time.