Given signs for Man City

Matty

guys remember , harper is away also in the summer , he's not going to sign new contract .

Krull is an amazing talent , but he needed loaned out more for the experience .

How many times have you seen him play?

genuine question or dig ?

ive explained ive watched all our kids play on a regular basis , krull did well when he got his chance in the first team , and ive watched his spells in scotland and cardiff .

look lads ill admit , my mates had my season ticket since we sacked bobby(long story, loved bobby and was family friend) and he even says he doesnt want it next season , but i love our club and city like the lot of you , so followed our kids and been to their home games more than the first team (still watched every first team match on net/sky tho, and bought the kits for myself and the kids and decked the bairns room out in club merchandise )

Edited by Hadrian

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys remember , harper is away also in the summer , he's not going to sign new contract .

I think krul should of had more chance in the first team ( ie cup games etc ) after the performance he gave against Palermo

he's not the only one , donninger and goodsmark , ranger ect ect all showing our first team up , and deserved alot more playing time ,

hull put their reserves out against us and knocked us outa FA cup , we shoulda played the kids and would have had more chance of winning watching our first teams perfomance that day .

Totally agree with you. We have some cracking youth talent. Wouldn't mind seeing Tozer and Kadar

Genuine quesion as I keep hearing this - have you ever seen any of them play?

Only clips i've seen online. hence why i said i wouldn't mind seeing them play.

I think krul should of had more chance in the first team ( ie cup games etc ) after the performance he gave against Palermo

he's not the only one , donninger and goodsmark , ranger ect ect all showing our first team up , and deserved alot more playing time ,

hull put their reserves out against us and knocked us outa FA cup , we shoulda played the kids and would have had more chance of winning watching our first teams perfomance that day .

Totally agree with you. We have some cracking youth talent. Wouldn't mind seeing Tozer and Kadar

Only clips i've seen online. hence why i said i wouldn't mind seeing them play.

Shut the fuck up then numbnuts ;)

Id happily sell my season ticket if my folks hadnt bought it as a present. Im actually dreading the 3 home games next month

And if you could find a buyer ;)

I recall seeing a game on tv last season from St James' in which Kadar played. He looked canny good iirc. However, HOWEVER, I can't for the life of me remember who it was against. (possibly against the Whitley Bay blind girl guides team??) .

EDIT 2: I think it was reserve match versus Liverpool stiffs. Could be wrong on the opposition, but I'm fairly certain it was a stiffs game.

Edited by snakehips

I have always thought Shay is the worlds best... but if we managed to grind out johnson, onouha and maybe another through the transfer i dare say it may be a blessing in disguise.

if, buts and maybes ?

and if harper stays till end of season (he's not signing new contract and have been told he wont) , there has been interest in him aswell this summer , ( one deal didnt come off , but others interested ) knowing our lot we will take cash now rather than lose him on a free in summer .

I know its if buts and maybes... why not even try and get Schmeichel Jr?? just trying to think of posotives

You're fucking kidding me, right? ;)

Citeh are showing one thing we're not... ambition.

He'll go and tbh, I'll be surprised if we don't accept £8m for him. We have had 12 years service and recouped £6.5m more than we paid for him - sadly, that's all they'll look at.

He'll go and tbh, I'll be surprised if we don't accept £8m for him. We have had 12 years service and recouped £6.5m more than we paid for him - sadly, that's all they'll look at.

cant compete with city and there insane transfer dealings , but the likes of spurs ect we should be ;)

cant think of one team thats invested less than us since ashley arrived , anyone name one ?

Edited by Hadrian

cant compete with city and there insane transfer dealings , but the likes of spurs ect we should be ;)

cant think of one team thats invested less than us since ashley arrived , anyone name one ?

Blyth Spartans....hold on I think they may have bought a new lawnmower at some stage

Krull was recalled, shays off to city ,

mike ashleys a cunt

Wouldn't mind seeing more of Krul TBF

If the deal is good let Given go i think. a few mil and a player

Depends what happens to the few mil though.

;) lol

So Man city have placed a 7.5 million pound for given, but are holding out for more! On sky sports news it said there wanting 12/14 million mark. That would be pure madness to sell Shay, he is the only hope we have of staying up, would you agree?

Steve

So Man city have placed a 7.5 million pound for given, but are holding out for more! On sky sports news it said there wanting 12/14 million mark. That would be pure madness to sell Shay, he is the only hope we have of staying up, would you agree?

Steve

No

He's a very good keeper but nothing more, Harper isn't that far behind him IMO, not as good a shot-stopper but better command of his box (by a little), which Shay has always been garbage at.

OK OK so Harper may walk as well at the end of the season, BUT the question was about this season

While I don't want Shay to go I don't think he's as pivitol to our survival as the likes of Owen and Martins.

In Harper we've got a more than able deputy so losing Given wouldn't be an unmitigated disaster. It would be a very, very sad day for the club though if he were to go. He's the one player i'd love to see stay here and win something but that's just not going to happen.

While I don't want Shay to go I don't think he's as pivitol to our survival as the likes of Owen and Martins.

In Harper we've got a more than able deputy so losing Given wouldn't be an unmitigated disaster. It would be a very, very sad day for the club though if he were to go. He's the one player i'd love to see stay here and win something but that's just not going to happen.

Id agree with that tbh.

Goals win you games and if we lost Owen and only had a replacment of the likes of Carroll then thats worrying. Where Harper is pretty decent.

Id agree with that tbh.

Goals win you games and if we lost Owen and only had a replacment of the likes of Carroll then thats worrying. Where Harper is pretty decent.

Not conceding goals stops you from losing games, not losing games gets you points, getting points keeps you up.