Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loads have become disillusioned with England because every 2 years since about 2002 we've been ridiculously over-hyped (mainly by the press) and then immediately ridiculously over-criticised and everyone's back to saying we're shite again. It's exhausting.

Couple that with there being very few likeable characters in the squad and its easy to lose interest, especially when we're playing pretty dull stuff.

However, if we were to get our act together and make it through to a semi or final playing decent football I think (almost) everyone would soon get caught up in it again. Wouldn't hurt if there were a couple of Newcastle players in the squad every now and again like. Shame Shola chose Nigeria :(

Not saying I expect anything other than an early exit from Euro 2012 btw.

Final vs France with Cabaye and Ben Arfa starting for them, who would you support?

Perhaps even Debauchy if he is here by then ;)

Erm, England, obviously. I'm a fan of certain teams, not a fan of certain players ;)

Loads have become disillusioned with England because every 2 years since about 2002 we've been ridiculously over-hyped (mainly by the press) and then immediately ridiculously over-criticised and everyone's back to saying we're shite again. It's exhausting.

Couple that with there being very few likeable characters in the squad and its easy to lose interest, especially when we're playing pretty dull stuff.

However, if we were to get our act together and make it through to a semi or final playing decent football I think (almost) everyone would soon get caught up in it again. Wouldn't hurt if there were a couple of Newcastle players in the squad every now and again like. Shame Shola chose Nigeria

Not saying I expect anything other than an early exit from Euro 2012 btw.

Erm, England, obviously. I'm a fan of certain teams, not a fan of certain players ;)

Id fancy france over our shitty national team because its several NUFC players there :)

Regardless of what NUFC players line up against them, I'd still be supporting England in a tournament final. I still want to see them do well and win things, it just becomes increasingly harder to because of the squad and the fact it's basically another London team as far as we're concerned.

I'd still love to see us win the Euros and will support us until we go out, despite the fact we could line up with rapists, thugs, racists and petulant spoit man children in our first XI

Id fancy france over our shitty national team because its several NUFC players there :)

Well if you fancy it I can print off a few t-shirts with the faces of some of your favey wavey players on an send them over for a fair price, you can pm me your real size if you don't want to destroy your Nordic Purple Aki persona ;)

:lol: Aye seriously man, if England played France in the final of Euro 2012 and Ben Arfa + Cabaye were playing I'd be hoping they had absoloute stinkers and England won comfortably. Wouldn't want them to miss it through injury or owt like that but I'd always support England.

Well if you fancy it I can print off a few t-shirts with the faces of some of your favey wavey players on an send them over for a fair price, you can pm me your real size if you don't want to destroy your Nordic Purple Aki persona ;)

:lol:

and no, Monroe we didnt. Tough group though, portugal denmark and iceland..

I loved watching England the 86 & 90 World Cups and Euro 96, but by the late 90s I had developed an indifferent attitude towards England which has grown to border on disliking them. I don't think I'm really happy to see them lose, but neither am I to see them win.

I think it's because I know so many of the players are total fucking wankers. To a much lesser extent, our top 4 finishes under Bobby were soured ever so slightly in the very back of my mind by knowing that the likes of Dyer, Jenas, Bramble, Bellamy were absolute cunts.

Probably wrong but moving to London has made me hate the national team more. Enjoyed Euro 2008 so much more without the stress of England being there and to see people down in London acting like it's their local team just serves to piss me off (although I do live near Wembley mind so they actually are :lol:). Then you see Scott Parker as captain, even if it is for one friendly match you have to wonder if playing for a London/Manchester/Bin Dipper team means you're automatically looked at. Didn't Capello take until the last month of his reign or something to get to the North East? Not saying any of the current team should get into the side (maybe Steven Taylor if he hadn't have been injured and had continued in the sort of form he was in at the start of the season) but seeing noone from Newcastle/other "smaller" clubs get into the side whilst the old boys wank over each other has led me to be more interested in the teams that do play our players. So aye i'd have split loyalties if it was an England-France final. Obviously would want England to win in the end but frankly as soon as it was over i'd shrug and get back to wondering about who we'll sign.

Ugh, imagine finishing 4th and having to wait a week to see what it means. :(

At least we'll know by then who we want to win. If we're in 4th place then a Chelsea loss. Anything else and I'll want them to win - particularly if it's Spurs in 4th! :lol:

I really want Chelsea to lose regardless of where we finish. I don't think I like any of their players. Would hate to watch Drogba celebrating a CL win.

Same, but I think that about pretty much every other "big team". Don't think I'd enjoy seeing Man City, Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea win it.

I really want Chelsea to lose regardless of where we finish. I don't think I like any of their players. Would hate to watch Drogba celebrating a CL win.

I'd much prefer to see twitch getting into massive spasms at the thought that he's been cheated out of a CL place. If we can't have it, I don't want the team who displaces us to have it either. Petty I guess but who cares... :lol:

That's exactly the right description for it, aye.

Mind I wanted Cameroon to beat us in 1990 so I might not be the most unbiased of observers. :unsure: