Other games

Park Life

I don't trust Bolton. They may beat the Mackems or Hull but I can't see them winning both.

We may need a point at Villa even with 2 home wins.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To their credit Hull really put a shift in tonite and i worry that they may get out of it on effort and enthusiasm alone - which would leave sunderland as the only catchable team - i think we need 2 wins and a draw and i am panicking about the boro match already

Getttttinnn you brummie bastards!!! Good lad Seaton.

fuck me, i only just got it :D

Don't worry, plenty of others haven't yet.

Great result, but we can only thank the Seaton boy if we do our part next Monday.

We remain on course for escape, which is good. Hull might well not get another point this entire season but it won't make any difference if we can't beat Boro.

Hull will get at least a point against Stoke.

As I said in another thread, Hull v. Stoke is one of the most important games to NUFC that have occurred in the last 19 yers.

Guest alex

If we win our last 3 games we'll still only have 40 points. I know that would be enough to stop up but Jesus wept man. What a shit season.

We remain on course for escape, which is good. Hull might well not get another point this entire season but it won't make any difference if we can't beat Boro.

Hull will get at least a point against Stoke.

As I said in another thread, Hull v. Stoke is one of the most important games to NUFC that have occurred in the last 19 yers.

Hull are in absolute freefall; Stoke need the points to confirm survival. I have faith in Tony Pulis's bruisers and if Faye can sink a header against those orange and black bastards I'll consider him forgiven for scoring twice against us.

Guest Stevie
I can't see us beating Boro to be honest, it has draw written all over it.

That's what I like to see over enthusiasm in adversity.

Guest alex
I can't see us beating Boro to be honest, it has draw written all over it.

Hope springs eternal though :D

Hull had chances to have a go cause Villa play such open football. Lovely to watch actually, all those pinging passes to pacey forwards.

Thing is though, the Housemartins had more chance of scoring than Hull last night.

It will be a matter of which squad can get a striker firing first that will survive.

Hull had chances to have a go cause Villa play such open football. Lovely to watch actually, all those pinging passes to pacey forwards.

Thing is though, the Housemartins had more chance of scoring than Hull last night.

It will be a matter of which squad can get a striker firing first that will survive.

Took the words out of my mouth. :D

Took the words out of my mouth. ;)

Wrong band Parky :D

Took the words out of my mouth. :D

Wrong band Parky :D

It was a terrible night at Reading Uni back in the day....Couldn't hear a thing. ;)

Guest alex
Is this season the first time all 3 clubs relegated from the Championship have been ex-premier league?

I would have thought so. I'd guess 3 ex-top flight sides have gone down to the third tier in the same year before though.

Is this season the first time all 3 clubs relegated from the Championship have been ex-premier league?

I would have thought so. I'd guess 3 ex-top flight sides have gone down to the third tier in the same year before though.

Must have.

Just heard someone mention over the weekend that 9 of the bottom 12 were ex-premier league. Which I think means more haven't been in the top flight from the top half than the bottom half.

Only one team relegated last year is (currently) coming back up too, and only one team promoted last year is (currently) going down...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm

I don't know if this points to a trend behind the financial ruin of relegation from the premiership or suggests the gulf in class beteween the top flight and second tier is shorter than often suggested...but i found it interesting.

Edited by Happy Face

1900: TEAMS Arsenal v Man Utd

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Djourou, Gibbs, Walcott, Fabregas, Song Billong, Nasri, Van Persie, Adebayor. Subs: Fabianski, Eboue, Silvestre, Diaby, Denilson, Vela, Bendtner.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Ronaldo, Rooney. Subs: Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Evans, Giggs, Scholes, Berbatov, Tevez.