Other games

Park Life

An Arsenal fan has hanged himself after his team lost 3-1 to Manchester United in the Champions League Semi Final last night.

Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan from Nairobi was found dead at his home just hours after his heroes slumped out of the coveted competition.

Police confirmed football-mad Mr Omondi was wearing his Arsenal shirt when he took his own life.

Mr Omondi's friend Calvin Otieno said: "We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal were defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying."

Football related tragedies are frequent in Kenya, where English clubs enjoy a passionate following among the locals.

European games, in particular the UEFA Champions League, attract more attention than national and continental fixtures.

For many Arsenal fans, the tie was a chance to salvage a disappointing season.

It has been four years since the Gunners won a domestic or European trophy.

Arsenal's chances of reaching their second European final in four years effectively came to an end after just ten minutes.

Cristiano Ronaldo's 11th minute strike meant the Gunners needed to score four goals.

Lucky he didn't follow NUFC or he'd have been long dead and buried :lol:

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the following happens:

Bolton 1-0 Sunderland

Hull 0-1 Stoke

Newcastle 1-0 Middlesbrough

Bolton 1-0 Hull

Newcastle 1-0 Fulham

Portsmouth 1-0 Sunderland

The Table at 22:00 on Monday 18th May will look like this?

image3m.jpg

That would effectively (barring a capitulation to Villa and Hull thumping Man Utd) make us safe with one game to play, would it not?

God these two home games are massive......

bjitu8.gif

bjitu8.gif

:lol:

I like all the one-nils too! Like a science experiment... in a sterile environment or something.

Was doing that for the minimal effect on goal difference :o

I have just done a predictor that has us level with the mackems and hull on 35 points. Hull going down on goal difference.

Our results included a draw with Fulham and a win over Boro, defeat at Villa.

predictor.png

Edited by The Fish

So if the following happens:

Bolton 1-0 Sunderland

Hull 0-1 Stoke

Newcastle 1-0 Middlesbrough

Bolton 1-0 Hull

Newcastle 1-0 Fulham

Portsmouth 1-0 Sunderland

The Table at 22:00 on Monday 18th May will look like this?

image3m.jpg

That would effectively (barring a capitulation to Villa and Hull thumping Man Utd) make us safe with one game to play, would it not?

God these two home games are massive......

bjitu8.gif

turbowank!

Guest Stevie

I suppose all you football purists want Barcelona to win tonight, well I fuckin don't the arrogant cunts. Lump on Chelsea at 2/1, Chelsea's back four is not Real Madrid's back four, could be a cracking game this, I'm having a stab at 3-1 Blues at 22/1.

I wouldn't mind Barcelona winning this if there was a guarantee that they'd lose the final, simply because I enjoy their football.

Regardless of tonights victor, I want an English club to be named European Champions. If only to annoy Platini.

I suppose all you football purists want Barcelona to win tonight, well I fuckin don't the arrogant cunts.

And Chelsea are the epitome of modesty? :lol:

Edited by ewerk

I wouldn't mind Barcelona winning this if there was a guarantee that they'd lose the final, simply because I enjoy their football.

Regardless of tonights victor, I want an English club to be named European Champions. If only to annoy Platini.

Aye, couldn't agree more with all of that!

1847: Chelsea v Barcelona line-ups:

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Alex, Terry, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Drogba.

Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Di Santo, Mikel, Kalou, Belletti, Mancienne.

Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Abidal, Pique, Toure, Busquets, Keita, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Messi.

Subs: Pinto, Caceres, Gudjohnsen, Bojan, Sylvinho, Hleb, Pedro.

I think I would prefer an all English final as well as some others on here.

Guest Stevie
I suppose all you football purists want Barcelona to win tonight, well I fuckin don't the arrogant cunts.

And Chelsea are the epitome of modesty? :lol:

They like Humble Horace's in comparison to Barcelona, but I expected an international view from you.

Guest Stevie
1847: Chelsea v Barcelona line-ups:

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Alex, Terry, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Drogba.

Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Di Santo, Mikel, Kalou, Belletti, Mancienne.

Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Abidal, Pique, Toure, Busquets, Keita, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Messi.

Subs: Pinto, Caceres, Gudjohnsen, Bojan, Sylvinho, Hleb, Pedro.

I think I would prefer an all English final as well as some others on here.

Oh dear they have their excuse already, no Henry.

I wouldn't write Barcelona off yet but then I may just be hopping on the fence because I predicted Chelsea to win.

Either way, what a goal!

I wouldn't write Barcelona off yet but then I may just be hopping on the fence because I predicted Chelsea to win.

Either way, what a goal!

what a goal that was

hasnt changed the tie all that much though one barca goal will still be sending them through and chelsea cant rely on wonder goals all night