What Are You Watching?

Ketsbaia

There's just no need to be talking spoilers without sticking them in tags. I'd say the statute of limitations goes back as far as the Wire, but honestly I wouldn't intentionally spoil a film from the 70s for someone.

He was a ghost the whole time.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it like, I'm watching them by box set which isn't out til next month. I look on this thread to get ideas for what to watch. I wouldn't look at the dedicated GoT thread as that's where spoilers (untagged) should be imo. Same with the other dedicated threads.

Yeah I was going to reply to Hadynator above but couldn't workout how to do spoiler tags in tapatalk so held off.

I think most "major" shows have their own threads buried somewhere but there would be no harm in having more for anything popular/decent.

I support Gemmill's stance of not trying to spoil any show, film or book for anyone but when a program has been on nearly a year ago I don't really think anyone should have to second guess whether someone has seen it. I didn't start watching GOT until the third season was about to show and I'd picked up some spoilers by then but I just accepted that because it's not anyone elses fault that I was so far behind.

I don't agree with what Haydnator is saying in general about Stannis and the show runners feelings for him. I've seen that levelled at them before and I don't buy it. He seems to be a character that a lot of book readers love (I'm not really one of them) and because some of his story/actions/lines haven't been quite the same in the show it's been taken that they hate him and want to destroy him. For me you're reading something into it that's not there. They've trimmed and changed things largely because they have to make a ten episode season work. Sometimes that means some of our (and I'm sure their) favourite bits get cut. There's nothing more too it than that. And there was no chance he was ever going on end up on the Iron Throne anyway. It's one of John Snow or dragon tits for me but I've never thought of it as particularly important anyway. Oh and they have to divert away from the books as they have no book to stick to at the minute. Winds of Winter isn't out yet and even if it was there's no chance A Dream Of Spring will be out by the time they would reach that part of the story (two years max I would say) as that's unlikely to hit book shelves this decade.

Well DK unless you subscribe to Sky you can't have legally watched the last series of GoT yet, so I think this view point is wrong. Is it too much to ask for you to stick to the bespoke thread rather than possibly introduce spoilers for something I am probably the only one on this thread actually paying for :lol: (and therefore the only one, you know, actually supporting it)? It's not like everyone has sky or is comfortable with copyright theft. I realise the vast majority here are but it's just as well not everyone is for fairly obvious reasons.

Do you ever get lonely up there in your ivory tower?

Ffs, I just don't want spoilers for something I haven't seen when there's absolutely no need for it. I think you've got the wrong saying BTW, you meant "high horse".

Fine though, I'll leave the thread.

If some people didn't pay full whack for them, the high budget series wouldn't exist in anything like their current format. I've always thought Sky Sports was outrageously priced though

Well DK unless you subscribe to Sky you can't have legally watched the last series of GoT yet, so I think this view point is wrong. Is it too much to ask for you to stick to the bespoke thread rather than possibly introduce spoilers for something I am probably the only one on this thread actually paying for :lol: (and therefore the only one, you know, actually supporting it)? It's not like everyone has sky or is comfortable with copyright theft. I realise the vast majority here are but it's just as well not everyone is for fairly obvious reasons.

No I have Virgin not sky so as you can't get Sky Atlantic on Virgin I have to use other methods to watch it. But that really is besides the point isn't. It's wrong to discuss specifics of episodes just after they air as you can accidently spoil it for someone. I've made the mistake before when I thought I was posting something inconseqential but on reflection it could have spoilt it for someone. But if you're not going to watch something for so long after it's release you're going to do well to avoid spoillers one way or the other. But you are right in that there is a specific thread for GOT so there really is no reason why the conversation should continue here regardless of whether what is discussed could be a spoiler or not.

Ffs, I just don't want spoilers for something I haven't seen when there's absolutely no need for it. I think you've got the wrong saying BTW, you meant "high horse".

Fine though, I'll leave the thread.

All he wanted to do was to come on here to talk about his favourite TV show, I mean, isn't this what forums are for?

Well DK unless you subscribe to Sky you can't have legally watched the last series of GoT yet, so I think this view point is wrong. Is it too much to ask for you to stick to the bespoke thread rather than possibly introduce spoilers for something I am probably the only one on this thread actually paying for[emoji38](and therefore the only one, you know, actually supporting it)? It's not like everyone has sky or is comfortable with copyright theft. I realise the vast majority here are but it's just as well not everyone is for fairly obvious reasons.

I did mention regarding downloading that I do have sky and see that as paying my dues. As it happens my viewing of GOT has been limited to the complete re-run sky did at Xmas.

:lol: I'm not going to pass comment on this as I've accidentally spoilered Renton before and still feel bad about it. I've not seen the most recent season of GoT either (i'm not really all that fussed on it) but I got spoilered by the Guardian the day after it one of the episodes came out in a general article that made no mention to giving away plot points, so I don't know how practical it actually is to avoid this stuff.

Rents could just stream illegally of course... :lol:

I don't think it's actually illegal to watch streams anyway is it? The illegal bit putting the streams up.

I think it probably is illegal but technically very hard to prosecute. There 's definitely a moral dimension though and the simple fact someone has to pay the huge production costs. There's me on my high ivory horse again. ;)

I am looking forward to this series and want to own it, don't get why that's so hard to understand. Compared to the cost of everything else in life, the cost of the media I use (admittedly little) is almost irrelevant.

I just had a quick google after I posted that and found an article on the telegraph site it basically said the worst that could happen to you streaming is getting a virus so I'm guessing there's no actual law in place against it. I have no morals given the amount of money that is made by people in the entertainment or football industries. And anyway I still pay for a season ticket, virgin, cinema tickets and DVDs/bluray.

I fully understand your reasoning and have no problem with it. I also can't understand why anyone would want to spoil anything for anyone else. But I just think it's unrealistic to expect others to even consider that they would be spoiling anything for anyone so long after the fact. Now you've said you've not watched it I'll happily refrain from saying anything that could spoil it for you. But I wouldn't have thought about it otherwise.

I just had a quick google after I posted that and found an article on the telegraph site it basically said the worst that could happen to you streaming is getting a virus so I'm guessing there's no actual law in place against it. I have no morals given the amount of money that is made by people in the entertainment or football industries. And anyway I still pay for a season ticket, virgin, cinema tickets and DVDs/bluray.

I fully understand your reasoning and have no problem with it. I also can't understand why anyone would want to spoil anything for anyone else. But I just think it's unrealistic to expect others to even consider that they would be spoiling anything for anyone so long after the fact. Now you've said you've not watched it I'll happily refrain from saying anything that could spoil it for you. But I wouldn't have thought about it otherwise.

Cheers. I think it's just a specific issue with GoT Tbh. For some reason the box set is released almost a year after broadcast. Coming to think of it, that seems quite idiotic if they want to protect revenue from streaming. I guess they are using it as leverage to switch to Sky, for the non-IT savvy. You can't access sky Atlantic at all with virgin iirc. Not that I'd get it just for one series like.

You can come to series which are older as well. I mentioned a while ago I watched the whole of Dexter last year and I'm now a approaching the end of Breaking Bad and remained unspoiled for both but was aware of a few major plot points all the way through. Obviously if people arent generally watching something then it makes it less likely to read something by accident.

I think Hadynator was slightly out of order on this occasion but it's spawned a good discussion.

Moved the GoT discussion over to the GoT thread. Makes more sense that like.

@@Renton

Apologies for the spoilers. Just thought that all of us who watched it would've been caught up on it. FWIW, I've put the spoilers in spoiler tags, so you can actually scroll through the thread relatively unspoiled, if you haven't read them.