What Are You Watching?

Ketsbaia

I'd be genuinely surprised if CT would have the attention span for Wolf Hall......

Not sure why :lol:

Having just completed 4 seasons of The Tudors, 6 episodes is nowt.

Add to that, Cromwell was one of my favourite characters.

The more scheming and politically active the character, the more I enjoy them.

It's always the same story though. Stay nice and safe in middle management.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why :lol:

Having just completed 4 seasons of The Tudors, 6 episodes is nowt.

Add to that, Cromwell was one of my favourite characters.

The more scheming and politically active the character, the more I enjoy them.

It's always the same story though. Stay nice and safe in middle management.

Well, tbf, never seen the Tudors so can't really comment. Wolf Hall is excellent but is quite slow and subtle. You have NEVER struck me as being one to enjoy subtlety! Can't imagine this is the right kind of television to watch on a mobile between fares either, but there you go.

Well, tbf, never seen the Tudors so can't really comment. Wolf Hall is excellent but is quite slow and subtle. You have NEVER struck me as being one to enjoy subtlety! Can't imagine this is the right kind of television to watch on a mobile between fares either, but there you go.

I'll report back in due course.

The bloke who accused me of watching too much telly a couple of weeks ago has since reported in TWICE to confirm the completion of two full series. :lol:

Aye, but he has The Beast, so what do you expect? If it was chocolate it would be a Yorkie bar. He has started growing extra hairs on his chest since installing The Beast and Mrs CT has been walking around the house rather tenderly since The Beast came to Boldon.

:lol: CT, if you're after a slightly more historically accurate retelling of Henry VIII's reign, the 3/4 parter with Ray Winstone is alreet. It's nowt special like but it's closer to the truth than The Tudors and was actually used in my A-Level History class. What a school.

I'll dig that out.

Tbf, I did watch the Tudors in conjunction with Wikipedia and kept checking out bits and bobs, timelines etc. :lol:

:lol: CT, if you're after a slightly more historically accurate retelling of Henry VIII's reign, the 3/4 parter with Ray Winstone is alreet. It's nowt special like but it's closer to the truth than The Tudors and was actually used in my A-Level History class. What a school.

That was class....."Turn it in Cromwell, you're mugging me off you caahnt" :lol:

Anyone watching War and Peace? I've enjoyed it, the period melodrama works well against the backdrop of the Napoleonic wars. Pride and prejudice with guns. Acting is superb as well. Like CT it's encouraged me to do some research along the way, I'm clueless as to the history of that period.

The Expanse. Decent new sci-fi which has got me hooked.

I've been watching that. First TV or film I've seen for ages where I've read the source material so sort of know where it's going but still feel surprised. They've reflected it well so far.

I've been watching that. First TV or film I've seen for ages where I've read the source material so sort of know where it's going but still feel surprised. They've reflected it well so far.

Great set-up, geo-politics of Mars, Earth, the Asteroid belt and the OPA terrorists.

Did you watch the season 1 finale last night? Only on episode 6.

Great set-up, geo-politics of Mars, Earth, the Asteroid belt and the OPA terrorists.

Did you watch the season 1 finale last night? Only on episode 6.

Not yet will do so at the weekend.

Thing is there's enough material to probably take more than one season per book but at the same time I'd like them to get the story told without it taking years if that makes sense.