Claim to fame

Christmas Tree

My mam (retired special needs teacher) used to teach Steven Taylor in remedial class <_< Family folklore had it that he was a paperboy for my dad until it became clear me dad was talking drunken bollocks. He was just best mates with a lad who had a paper round.

Steven Taylor's dad installed my parents' burglar alarm system in the mid-90s. :D

I camped out next to Steven Taylor's cousin at Isle of Wight festival. She gave me rum.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mam (retired special needs teacher) used to teach Steven Taylor in remedial class <_< Family folklore had it that he was a paperboy for my dad until it became clear me dad was talking drunken bollocks. He was just best mates with a lad who had a paper round.

Steven Taylor's dad installed my parents' burglar alarm system in the mid-90s. :blush:

Not doubting your story one bit but fucking everyone seems to know/have met Alf Taylor :D

Steven Taylor's dad installed my parents' burglar alarm system in the mid-90s. :icon_lol:

Not doubting your story one bit but fucking everyone seems to know/have met Alf Taylor :D

:icon_lol: My old man worked for Northern Electric at the time, back when there were takeover shenanigans afoot, and Alf was their security bod on call. Instructed to make sure we were well protected in the event of any nefarious dealings, he wanted to install a full TV-based CCTV system - channel-hopping from BBC to ITV to C4 to your front doorstep and all that - but we managed to talk him down to, well, basically an extension of the bog-standard stuff we had already. Not least because you'd imagine a Colditz-like alarm system on an average Gosforth side-street would make you even more of an obvious target to those infamous gangs of Insider Information Gangsters. :blush:

My grandfather's cousin was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor (the highest award in the military) for his service in WWII. He was the first person to sink a major battleship with 200lb bombs. Currently, there is a ship in the US Navy that bears the family name.

My mother was the flower girl in a wedding for the Bacardi family while she lived in Cuba. My great-grandfather was the manager of the Cadillac dealership in Havana and was friends with many of the gangsters that were there during the time of Batista (Lucky Luciano, Trafficante, etc.). My grandmother became Trafficante's personal nurse when they moved to Tampa, Fl.

Iv met...

Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne and Louise Walsh when i was on the X Factor 4 years ago :) Sharon is quality.

Ant and dec quite a few times.

Pedro quite a few times.

Alan hansen.

Bellamy.

Solano paid for my birthday meal at some restaraunt in town.

Simpson, Guthrie, martins (was shaggin a lass i know) all in tuptup.

Tiote in my dads new show

Dyer in my dads old shop.

Drank with scott brown and shaun maloney a few times when i lived in glasgow...lad i worked with was maloneys cousin.

Theres quite a few more but cant think off the top of my head.

I rescued the Bee Gee's Barry Gibbs' boarding pass after he dropped it and walked on at Schipol once - had to fight my way through all these KLM lasses to hand it back to him

Iv met...

Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne and Louise Walsh when i was on the X Factor 4 years ago :) Sharon is quality.

Ant and dec quite a few times.

Pedro quite a few times.

Alan hansen.

Bellamy.

Solano paid for my birthday meal at some restaraunt in town.

Simpson, Guthrie, martins (was shaggin a lass i know) all in tuptup.

Tiote in my dads new show

Dyer in my dads old shop.

Drank with scott brown and shaun maloney a few times when i lived in glasgow...lad i worked with was maloneys cousin.

Theres quite a few more but cant think off the top of my head.

you haven't met me though

I rescued the Bee Gee's Barry Gibbs' boarding pass after he dropped it and walked on at Schipol once - had to fight my way through all these KLM lasses to hand it back to him

Can't remember if I mentioned it before but I stayed a few times at a house in Chorlton, Manchester where a bunch of my mates used to live which was also the childhood home of the Bee Gees. Whilst my friends were living there The One Show did a piece about it and brought Barry for a look around and a reminisce. He pointed out an area at the bottom of the stairs where, apparently, his sister once spontaneously combusted.

Edited by luckyluke

Can't remember if I mentioned it before but being a martial arts master and doctor I stayed a few times at a house in Chorlton, Manchester where a bunch of my mates used to live which was also the childhood home of the Bee Gees. Whilst my friends were living there The One Show did a piece about it and brought Barry for a look around and a reminisce. He pointed out an area at the bottom of the stairs where, apparently, his sister once spontaneously combusted.

fyp ;)

Har Har.

Actually the first time I stayed there was my first day off since I started working as a doctor (9 days in!). I slept for at least 75% of the weekend. :)

It was August '08, I remember watching Usain Bolt take the gold in the 100m at Beijing on the Saturday.

Iv met...

Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne and Louise Walsh when i was on the X Factor 4 years ago ;) Sharon is quality.

FFS!! :)

Err, met SBR and had a bit craic, a class act.

Mother used to go to school with George Best's sister.

Had a surreal conversation with Pav days after he signed, smashing lad, genuinely over the moon to be at NUFC.

A few others but I don't really bother any 'celebrities' if I see them.

I rescued the Bee Gee's Barry Gibbs' boarding pass after he dropped it and walked on at Schipol once - had to fight my way through all these KLM lasses colleagues to hand it back to him

I'm not big enough to be trolly dolly for the CLoggies man!

Jonah Lomu might be the right size.............

I rescued the Bee Gee's Barry Gibbs' boarding pass after he dropped it and walked on at Schipol once - had to fight my way through all these KLM lasses colleagues to hand it back to him

I'm not big enough to be trolly dolly for the CLoggies man!

Jonah Lomu might be the right size.............

Ooooooh! Claws away you bitch :)

i've met most of the big players in the world of european politics over the last few years in my job, among them blair, sarkozy, merkel, trichet plus loads of the uk politicians - daring, the two millibands, cameron, brown, boris, et al.

without a doubt my favourite famous person i've met is ian holloway