Stevie says...

smoggeordie

I really don't think it's possible for a post to be read before it's posted.

That's just a confusing statement tbh.

You know him too? That fucking guy. Made this flick "16 Candles" right? Not bad it's got tits in it, but no bush. Of course Ebert over here don't give a shit about that stuff cause he's all in love with this John Hughes guy and rents every one of his movies. Fucking "Breakfast Club" all these stupid kids actually show up to detention, fucking "Weird Science" where this one chick wants to take off her gear and get down, but aw, no she don't cause it's a PG movie, and then there's "Pretty In Pink" which I can't watch with this tubby muthafucker any more, because everytime we get to the part where the red head hooks up with her dream guy, he starts sobbin' like a little eight-year-old with a skinned knee and shit. And nothing is worse then watching a fat man weep.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't give a fuck about the people wetting their pants on either side of this debate, but I just had to bump this:

Because you won't be able to find anything incriminating? Wacky, good lad though he seems, has crossed the border so far loads of times he's not just in another country, but actually in another timezone, but he's alright cos he's one of the Trent Posse, but ah no fuck Stevie. Well you've won, unless I get an apology which won't happen.

:o

What time we meeting? :o

Pleased you bumped this meenz. Can I just clarify I have never met anyone off this board other than SMO because I worked with him, and Soccermom to smash the pastie off her in hope of her stopping the filthy PM's she keeps sending me (she just wants more btw).

Fucking Trent, don't make me laugh Stevie, I'm strictly the Raby or Jacksons :o

Couldn't give a fuck about the people wetting their pants on either side of this debate, but I just had to bump this:

Because you won't be able to find anything incriminating? Wacky, good lad though he seems, has crossed the border so far loads of times he's not just in another country, but actually in another timezone, but he's alright cos he's one of the Trent Posse, but ah no fuck Stevie. Well you've won, unless I get an apology which won't happen.

Pleased you bumped this meenz. Can I just clarify I have never met anyone off this board other than SMO because I worked with him, and Soccermom to smash the pastie off her in hope of her stopping the filthy PM's she keeps sending me (she just wants more btw).

That's only caus you're too small for the Alton Towers-type height meter we have at the posse entrance.

That's only caus you're too small for the Alton Towers-type height meter we have at the posse entrance.

It's because the only stools you can ever find are in the mens troughs.

It's because the only stools you can ever find are in the mens troughs.

:o :o :o The bogs in The Trent are summat else, make no mistake :o

Hmmm, I'm in the 'Reinstate Stevie, No Holds Barred' camp, although I haven't a clue what he's done wrong.

What concerns me, though, is this business to 'see' poster's posts ( :o ) before they're posted. Am I right (if I am, there's some fucker reading this brilliant post before the rest of the troops on here get to see it!)? If I am, I am a bit shocked tbh. I have written loads of shite over the years and pulled out at the last minute, as it were (oo-er matron), so I'm a tad concerned that the shite I have written yet not posted has been read. Is this correct?????

Yours, concerned.

Dont worry Snakey not all posts are read. It's just Stevies for now. His posts are being moderated because he's just come back from a ban. Can you imagine the workload if every post had to be approved man! :o aside from that fact that that's not what forums are about.

Snake man, I'm not exactly 'with it' regarding technology, but how the fuck did you think the mods could read what you were about to post before you submitted it? :o

That's major Fop-paranoia you've got there!

Snake man, I'm not exactly 'with it' regarding technology, but how the fuck did you think the mods could read what you were about to post before you submitted it? :o

Amazing technology these days you know.

In fact, my time was saved earlier as Tom deleted a post I hadnt made yet which saved me the bother from typing it.

Cookies in your browser. We know everything you've contemplated posting then changed your mind on. We're compiling a dossier too :o

Your card's been marked for a while...... :o

Cookies in your browser. We know everything you've contemplated posting then changed your mind on. We're compiling a dossier too :o

oh good, dont forget the golf courses too Edited by paddy

Is Stevie banned. What has he done wrong. Just a nice clear answer please.

oh good, dont forget the golf courses too

Guest Stevie

No, he's not.

I might as well be, disrespectful to say the least on these four seven issues:

1. I was banned for vague and ambiguous unjustified reasons

2. Banned for nothing specific

3. Banned because ONE mod, not all moderators were in agreement, something which has been aluded to me in pm

4. It's eight days later, yet still there mixed messages, "Stevie's attitude" mentioned in one post (to who?), "racist remarks" in another, yet no explanation given or specific examples given (as there are none).

5. Posts today censored pre-Glasnost style

6. Fucking disgrace

7. This won't make it past the censorship

If it does, ask yourselves these questions regular posters, would you post if you were subjected to such contempt, after contributing a fair share to this board over 3 years good or bad? The moderators have made a mistake, and as Craig said I'm no loss in the grand scheme of things, but taking in to account all of the above, then subjecting me to this oh dear, I'm not posting under these conditions and as Snakehips mentioned would you?? Lord Justice Taylor couldn't get to the bottom of this one, and if he did I'm sure one of his recommendations would be a complete restructuring of the moderating system.

Hello me lovlies (in my best west country accent :o ) I am a very busy girl, so havent time to read all of this thread so can someone please tell me briefly whats its all about? Just the facts please!

What concerns me, though, is this business to 'see' poster's posts ( :o ) before they're posted. Am I right (if I am, there's some fucker reading this brilliant post before the rest of the troops on here get to see it!)? If I am, I am a bit shocked tbh. I have written loads of shite over the years and pulled out at the last minute, as it were (oo-er matron), so I'm a tad concerned that the shite I have written yet not posted has been read. Is this correct?????

Yours, concerned.

No. To simplify:

They can't see anything until you hit the 'add reply' button.

Stevie's posts won't appear directly on the thread at the moment, a moderator will have to approve them first, then they will appear.

Hope that doesn't come across as patronising, but if it does we could always meet up outside the Trent for a fight :o

No, he's not.

3. Banned because ONE mod, not all moderators were in agreement, something which has been aluded to me in pm

4. It's eight days later, yet still there mixed messages, "Stevie's attitude" mentioned in one post (to who?), "racist remarks" in another, yet no explanation given or specific examples given (as there are none).

6. Fucking disgrace

If it does, ask yourselves these questions regular posters, would you post if you were subjected to such contempt, after contributing a fair share to this board over 3 years good or bad? The moderators have made a mistake, and as Craig said I'm no loss in the grand scheme of things, but taking in to account all of the above, then subjecting me to this oh dear, I'm not posting under these conditions and as Snakehips mentioned would you?? Lord Justice Taylor couldn't get to the bottom of this one, and if he did I'm sure one of his recommendations would be a complete restructuring of the moderating system.

This is the email that was sent to your registered toontastic address:

Stevie,

Your member account at Toontastic has been suspended for 7 days for racist behaviour, Toontastic has clear guidelines regarding racist posting and it is the considered opinion of the admin and moderating team that you have broken these guidelines.

The Toontastic admin team will decide over the next seven days whether your actions deserve a permanent ban or to reinstate your account, should your account be reinstated we ask you to refrain from comments of a racist nature as future transgressions will result in an immediate and permanent ban.

Board Address: http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php

These are the posts that you made that were highlighted by members of the admin/moderation team that were considered unacceptable and in some occasions commented about by other members as being racist in content:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=523285

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=560248

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=600859

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=560291

Then you had this as you Signature:

"It is old but it is beautiful, and its colours they are fine

It was worn at Derry, Aughrim, Enniskillen and the Boyne.

My father wore it as a youth in bygone days of yore,

And on the Twelfth I love to wear the sash my father wore

Go on home British soldiers go on home,

Have you got no fucking homes of your own?

For eight hundred years we've fought you without fear.

And we will fight you for eight hundred more.

NO ONE CARES YOU JOCK AND IRISH CUNTS GET YOUR AUTONOMY AND FUCKIN GIVE US OURS AT LONG LAST"

This very simple and poilte request was made in September last year:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=21091

All in all it is of no surprise that received a ban, and it was the unanimous agreement of the admin team, you have served your ban and you are very welcome to continue to post and contribute to this board, providing you can do so without racially motivated hostile comments, and I hope you can follow this very simple request.

No, he's not.

6. Fucking disgrace

The doings of the politburo become clear. :o

Right you want reason, I'll give you reason....

This isn't something that was decided by one person on a whim, it's been in discussion amongst the admin for 7 months. Since that time your posts have been editted on more than one occassion and a PM has been sent to you asking you to consider what you are posting before submitting. None of this advice has ever appeared to have been heeded.

Your posting style - quite threatening to some, calling people cunts and borderline racism is water off a ducks back to us individually but as administrators of a forum, we have concerns on how it makes people perceive Toontastic. Skunkers has a reputation which we want to avoid echoing. We're not as liberal as them (frankly it's impossible) but we're not as 'lock-down' as Newcastle-Online. We never aimed to be either from the start, we aimed to fit in between - that was our niche and up until now we've been able to do that with hardly any intervention on our part. That's a credit to all the people who post on this forum in that they know when to draw the line.

Allowing you to continue as you have done would move us towards the setup that is in place at Skunkers and the people who run this place - the people who have spent time and money developing this site over the past 4 years are unanimous in their belief that they don't want that.

To be fair mate, you've got away with a lot more than others have in the past. No-one doubts that you're a knowledgable and passionate bloke but that doesn't excuse some of the actions you've taken. At the end of the day you are one person and the place would survive if you went. People said it wouldn't survive without Swindon Mag but it did.

Posts such as this below is unacceptable - it is questioned by others in the same thread but we did nothing when we should.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=560248

Back in January, you posted a unionist song in your signature which was absolutely disgraceful. Still although we removed it and gave you a warning, we took no real action against you.

Only this month you posted this which is totally unacceptable:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=600859

Then to top it off it's well known that you've been asking the admins to disclose information of a user's location through where IP source is coming from. I fail to see why you need this info for any other reason but for ammunition in your agressive approach to certain posters.

As for the moderation, you proved 100% in the second post on your return why post moderation was the correct measure to make. That particular post will not be approved.

Bottom line is you've never once taken any notice of this sticky that Peasepud made 7 months ago. Perhaps you should read it sometime:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=21091

So to sum it up, we've kept an eye on your actions and kept note of what you've said and when you did. Given all this, I doubt there's many on here who will disagree that a 7 day suspension was justfied. Make no mistake, the decision to suspend you was not challenged by any member of the admin or moderation teams.

A lot of you who question what's happened with regards to Stevie will do well to take in what manc-mag wrote here. I couldn't have put it better myself Sammy :o

Wouldn't change the way this place is 'modded' for a second tbh. Anyone who 'knows their history' (ie has posted here for minimum 4 years) will no precisely why.

Stevie, this is brassneck with an extra coat of brasso tbh. You routinely insist that the mods on here 'ban' posters for no other reason than they rub you up the wrong way-and all that after you only used this place for the first year or so for your anti N-O admin banning rants.

It's that self importance (be it personal, NUFC based, or whatever) that allows the likes of Danny B to get such an easy rise out of you. It's no coincidence that in the week you've been banned the guy has had the most calamitous seven days of foruming in his life. This realisation will hopefully make your banning feel even worse.

This place is the way it is for good reason. If you can live with that then sound, cos there are facets to your posting which make the place better for your participation, but if you can't accept it then you should make good on your promises to leave tbh.

My twopenneth is that I don't think Stevie is a racist and sometimes just says thing deliberately to provoke - however I think not taking the hint is a bigger crime than the actual posting.

I would say most of those are at worst xenophobic rather than racist.

i am in utter shock at writing this but i'd have to agree with.........D....a......nn...y......B on this, most of the postings (with the exception of the one about beheading) listed were not terribly offensive and didn't use any slurs, you could tack c**t onto the end of anything french german english canadian.

thing with censorship is once you start you have to continue for everyone then, and if that happens where do you stop?

just my 2 cents, and i know it's your board and i don't envy the position of being a mod.

i am in utter shock at writing this but i'd have to agree with.........D....a......nn...y......B on this, most of the postings (with the exception of the one about beheading) listed were not terribly offensive and didn't use any slurs, you could tack c**t onto the end of anything french german english canadian.

thing with censorship is once you start you have to continue for everyone then, and if that happens where do you stop?

just my 2 cents, and i know it's your board and i don't envy the position of being a mod.

Don't think it's censorship in the slightest, it looks to me that Stevie has been asked to tone it down (unbeknown to the rest of us) for quite some time and a bloke of Stevie's age and intelligence ought to have taken the hint. From where I sit the situation is this: Stevie is one of the more entertaining posters, but who also has a dark side :o , but then again it is the 'dark' side that makes him worthwhile. Tricky one.

Guest Stevie

Don't think it's censorship in the slightest, it looks to me that Stevie has been asked to tone it down (unbeknown to the rest of us) for quite some time and a bloke of Stevie's age and intelligence ought to have taken the hint. From where I sit the situation is this: Stevie is one of the more entertaining posters, but who also has a dark side :o , but then again it is the 'dark' side that makes him worthwhile. Tricky one.

So what makes you worthwhile? :o

Craig, so as far as I can see it, calling someone a french cunt, who clearly has at least some grasp of English, speaking french arrogantly in an English forum. If that is racist god help us. As far as I can see the only other thing that is worthy of even a comment, is my somewhat uncouth reply to an unchecked comment basically threatening me. Oh dear is all I can say. I tell you something else comparing me to the racist scum on Skunkers borders on slander tbh.