Lovenkrands wouldnt mind staying

Marko

]Newcastle United winger Peter Lovenkrands has indicated that he is ready to sit down and commit himself to a permanent deal with the club.

The Danish international is still buzzing after scoring the goal which made sure of the points in the all-important relegation battle with Middlesbrough last Monday, so much so that he felt inspired to make a loyalty pledge.

"It is a great club to be in, and I hope that we stay up and that I can be a part of that," Lovenkrands told TV2.

"But you never know what will happen in the world of football - if they wish to keep me, or whatever will happen."

The 29-year-old has settled in well since arriving in January on a six-month contract, his three goals in ten Premier League appearances representing a more than healthy return considering how much the team as a whole have struggled in the second half of the season.

With Ameobi being offered a new deal :D , Carroll on the books and the fact that Martins is still here.. Would it be benificial to the club to keep Lovenkrands. He would be a bench warmer most probably. And with Nile Ranger coming through the academy I don't know if it's the best idea for the club

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shola's fit right?

... well technically fit obviously. So Alan's been keeping out of things for being shite let's hope. Out the door this Summer please donkey brain.

I don't think Nile will be banging on the door too hard just yet.

Maybe/Maybe not, I personally wouldnt bet agaisnt him making at least one appearance for us next year

Totally depends on the budget for next season in my opinion, if its to be run on a shoestring then keep him, if there is to be investment then look for something better

He's a good impact player, with pace to burn. At Rangers he was never used through the middle enough but he's proved already a decent signing. As had been said who do you want coming on, him or Shola... :D

I dont think hes much of a player tbh, but certainly better than Shola.

If Ashley isnt planning on opening his chequebook this summer hes certainly the best we could hope for in the form of an impact sub next season.

Basically i agree with Jimbo :D

We've been crying out for pace for the last couple of seasons with only Martins with any speed. Lovenkrands doesnt cost us anything, has already settled at the club and he is a different option to what we have. I'd keep him. Theres others i'd remove before I'd let him go.

I find him hard to assess for some reason. There've been times he's been on the pitch when I've forgot he's playing; on the other hand he's had some good moments and that goal the other day was important. He definitely looks more useful through the middle than wide anyway, and that's where he says he prefers to play.

If it's a question of him or Shola then it's a no-brainer clearly.

We are in desperate need of pace, but Lovenkrads is pushing 30 now so his pace will quicly diminish in the next season or two I reckon. As others have said, depends on the budget and whether we could offload the intolerable mule Ameobi.

Fucking stinks of desperation on both his and the club's part.

He was a shite temporary signing and that should always be remembered.

Problem is, that's all we can expect while Ashley continues to steer the good ship NUFC.

Problem is, that's all we can expect while Ashley continues to steer the good ship NUFC.

Lovenkrands is Sibierski 2.0

1.2, he's only a mild upgrade not a new release.

1.2, he's only a mild upgrade not a new release.

But in terms of return on investment, they are both far superior to most of our squad which is why we should keep Lovenkrands. Same reason I think having a go at Harper is ridiculous.

Geremi, Smith, Owen, Barton etc those players are the real problem. Owen's inclusion is a little unfair in some ways but he's paid almost double what anyone else is getting.

We can't carry players on such massive contracts anymore and I'd rather see us sign two players on £30k a week than one on £60k simply because our squad's too small and also because high wages don't always go hand in hand with great performances.

We've probably had the worst return per pound of any club in history. :D

]Newcastle United winger Peter Lovenkrands has indicated that he is ready to sit down and commit himself to a permanent deal with the club.

The Danish international is still buzzing after scoring the goal which made sure of the points in the all-important relegation battle with Middlesbrough last Monday, so much so that he felt inspired to make a loyalty pledge.

"It is a great club to be in, and I hope that we stay up and that I can be a part of that," Lovenkrands told TV2.

"But you never know what will happen in the world of football - if they wish to keep me, or whatever will happen."

The 29-year-old has settled in well since arriving in January on a six-month contract, his three goals in ten Premier League appearances representing a more than healthy return considering how much the team as a whole have struggled in the second half of the season.

With Ameobi being offered a new deal :D , Carroll on the books and the fact that Martins is still here.. Would it be benificial to the club to keep Lovenkrands. He would be a bench warmer most probably. And with Nile Ranger coming through the academy I don't know if it's the best idea for the club

plenty of speed, can finish as well. but has the heart of an aphid. impact sub is really the only place i can see him fitting in next season.

But in terms of return on investment, they are both far superior to most of our squad which is why we should keep Lovenkrands. Same reason I think having a go at Harper is ridiculous.

Geremi, Smith, Owen, Barton etc those players are the real problem. Owen's inclusion is a little unfair in some ways but he's paid almost double what anyone else is getting.

We can't carry players on such massive contracts anymore and I'd rather see us sign two players on £30k a week than one on £60k simply because our squad's too small and also because high wages don't always go hand in hand with great performances.

All very true. It's our massive wage bill that's killing us and makes Ashley so miserly with his money in the first place.

All very true. It's our massive wage bill that's killing us and makes Ashley so miserly with his money in the first place.

So just because he's cheap, he's not as shite??? (for asprilla not the guy doin' 90)

Fuck me, if that's all it takes that's us sorted for great players next season then!

What we're totally lacking is pace and players to come off the bench to change things. If his wage demands aren't obscene, then I reckon he deserves a contract.

We've probably had the worst return per pound of any club in history. :o

So just because he's cheap, he's not as shite??? (for asprilla not the guy doin' 90)

Fuck me, if that's all it takes that's us sorted for great players next season then!

A spectacular miss of my point. Well done. :D

We've probably had the worst return per pound of any club in history. :o

A spectacular miss of my point. Well done. :o

No your point wasn't missed, it was just dismissed for the shit it was :D