Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

:lol: Good enough for me.

Homeland returns in a couple weeks, hopefully standards have picked back up for the new series.

Chuffed that there's going to be a new series of TPB. :D

@@Meenzer

With the former I genuinely don't have a clue regards the target audience . I'm cynical at best but it's lost in it's own rubbish that .

Didn't give Count Arthur a run out simply based on the trailer . I've read it was good on the radio but as with a lot of stuff in the BBC 'comedy' bracket I really can't relate to much of it unfortunately and like said, (all subjective obviously) but there's serious questions as to commissioning I rekon (and the reliance on canned laughter) surely.

Lee Nelson

Mrs fuckingBrown

Mirandina

They're wasting me time lads .

It's a shame because there are some decent sitcoms out there, I quite enjoy Not Going Out (the vehicle for Lee Mack and Tim Vine) and the BBC can make good panel shows, but Mock the Week, HIGNFY are shadows of their former selves, and now QI is losing it's quality as they get more mainstream faces on instead of the Quite Interesting ones that made the show a hit. I like Would I Lie to You fwiw.

The worst thing for me is seeing good comedians in bad shows. Chris Ramsey is a decent stand-up, but he's no actor and, given he's the lead in Hebburn, the show suffers for it. The guys in Badults are from Pappy's which is good sketch team and I want them to do well, but I don't think they will off the back of this.

What happened to Only fools and Horses, The Young Ones, Blackadder or Spaced?

Agree with all first paragraph Have I Got Fish For You .

There's a real tiredness to HIGNFY (hard to explain - and achieve - given it's current affairs!)

Similarly with QI , the well-worn merry go round of the panel show comics numbs it IMO . BBC seem to love to make some of them a ubiquitous presence .

Jack Dee can fuck off n'arl .

Agree with all first paragraph Have I Got Fish For You .

There's a real tiredness to HIGNFY (hard to explain - and achieve - given it's current affairs!)

There's a huge gap in the market for genuinely angry comedy, considering what's going on in the country and the world. HIGNFY should be doing it, but even the News Quiz on Radio 4 is edgier these days. Something like Spitting Image in its pomp would be eviscerating the clowns in our current political class.

Good point !

Spitting Image had the wit, insight and ability to shred some of the clowns .

Now it's Jack Shiteall doing gags about "cr@zy Geordies wearing t-shirts in the Bigg Market ..... IN THE WINTER ! .... O.M.G. .*canned laughter fade up/fade down*"

Mad dogs was shit.

I think CT would enjoy it.

Anyone comparing it with the Coens or Lynch wants to hand in their critical credentials. At it's best it just about hits the heights of the very worst of The Ladykillers or Intolerable Cruelty.

Speaking of bad BBC comedy, I decided to take ten minutes out of my life in order to fully experience just how bad 'Live at the Electric' was. Not only was it hosted by one of the biggest cunts in Britain:

webANXliveatelectrickane2.jpg

But it simply lacked any real semblance of comedy. The ten minutes I watched consisted of Kane attempting to do stand up and then pulling a funny face and looking into the camera after every disappointing punchline followed by an incredibly innovative sketch of a chain smoking Frenchman behaving in a stereotypically French manner. They're really pushing the envelope here.

Edited by ewerk

Anyone see that documentary last night 'Failed by the NHS'?

Got a few dispatches on the TiVo to catch up on.

Is it an underfunded NHS shown to be failing despite the best efforts of those that work there... or a privatization supporting hatchet job on the notion of free care?

Is anybody on here watching the last series of Dexter?

I only got into it about a year ago, and it can be a bit 'unbelievable at times' (yes, i know!), but I've really enjoyed them and really intrigued as to how they are going to end the show.

If you're a fan of the show, and wiling to spend an astronomical price to watch them again, then there are couple of cool box-sets coming out at the end....

http://www.slashfilm.com/dexter-the-complete-series-will-be-released-in-blood-slide-collectors-set/

Is anybody on here watching the last series of Dexter?

I only got into it about a year ago, and it can be a bit 'unbelievable at times' (yes, i know!), but I've really enjoyed them and really intrigued as to how they are going to end the show.

If you're a fan of the show, and wiling to spend an astronomical price to watch them again, then there are couple of cool box-sets coming out at the end....

http://www.slashfilm.com/dexter-the-complete-series-will-be-released-in-blood-slide-collectors-set/

Yeah I'm watching it. Really enjoying the series so far. I'm just watching at UK pace since we're only a week behind, but the episodes so far have been really good IMO.

Watched them all so far, getting a bit long in the tooth now. Was better when he was still socially inept and muddling his way through marriage etc. in an attempt to appear normal. They seem to have just done away with that part of the character now though

Just added Eastbound and Down to the list of American comedies that I've started watching (along with It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia, Veep, Parks & Recreation and Arrested Development).

Enjoyed the firt series, it's pretty juvenile but then again so am I!

Just added Eastbound and Down to the list of American comedies that I've started watching (along with It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia, Veep, Parks & Recreation and Arrested Development).

Enjoyed the firt series, it's pretty juvenile but then again so am I!

Agree that it was at its best early on. There are still some gloriously awkward vignettes to come, worth watching to the end IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

The last episdoes of Breaking Bad started last night in the States, and they're apparently available for UK viewers on Netflix the next day.

I 've lost interest over the last year waiting for the this finale to commence, but i'm sure once i watch a recap and the first new episode i'll be hooked again.

The last episdoes of Breaking Bad started last night in the States, and they're apparently available for UK viewers on Netflix the next day.

I 've lost interest over the last year waiting for the this finale to commence, but i'm sure once i watch a recap and the first new episode i'll be hooked again.

Finished with him bro in law on the netty and the penny dropping iirc.

Just started to watch the Netflix series 'Orange is the New Black' last night, got through a couple of episodes and I like where it's going. It's got a few familiar faces in it; Michael Harney, Laura Prepen (that 70's Show), Jason Biggs (American Pie)

Plus, in the first 5 minutes, the boob count is well into the double figures.

Edited by scotty84

Aye it's quality. Finished it in no time. Which speaks to the quality of the show and the lack of quality of my life.

I've heard there's a few people in it who are also in Weeds, again something i haven't watched. Anybody recommend it?