Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

When I was last in the States a couple of years ago I really go into Storage Wars.

They now show it over here and a whole host of others of its ilk on The History Channel.

I also like Air Crash Investigation, Black Box and Seconds from Disaster. Morbid I know but fascinating.

Really enjoying The Newsroom.

it's a bit schmultzy innit. has som good moments but some equally cringey ones.

anyone into walking dead? i'm on a download mission at the moment and heard some good things...

it's a bit schmultzy innit. has som good moments but some equally cringey ones.

anyone into walking dead? i'm on a download mission at the moment and heard some good things...

Got into it for a while but then it seemed a bit samey every ep...

i'm off on holiday in a few weeks and about to go on a boxset download mission. what are the good ones i might have missed? i've done all the obvious ones - sopranos, game of thrones, breaking bad etc.

so far looking at d/l the following:

Homeland series 2
Walking Dead
Luther
Latest series of Sherlock

west wing

Homeland series 2
any of them not worth bothering with? any others to chuck int he mix?
Edited by Dr Gloom

Oh Oh

Ben Affleck to play Batman in 2015 Superman sequel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23806756

People seem in uproar because of Affleck's portrayal of Daredevil. I don't really have a problem with his acting, it's just the character is a bit shit himself and the storyline they chose was rubbish.

I don't think he's a bad actor, and to play Bruce Wayne/Batman in a film where Superman is involved, I can't imagine it's going to require much subtlety.

oh no it's nothing to do with how bad daredevil was, it's just generally how bad he is, he's fairly awful like i'd struggle to name any films i thought he was alright in, what movies do you remember that would make you think "aye he was good in that"

Argo was good and he didn't fuck that up, Good will hunting i liked but he was hardly a main feature of it, and was supposed to be a bit of a wooden mong in it.

Asides from that most movies been in either as the lead actor or a supporting have been average at best with the majority being pretty shite, seems to have more joy with directing

Sadly i think this superman/batman effort is going be a massive stinker in comparison to the recent marvel series setups.

I was going to say Argo and GWH, and I don't think he was bad in The Town. As I say, he's a decent pick for an ageing Batman. Who else would you go for?

I'm sure when DC announced this, Marvel were delighted. Even if he does a good job, his name attached to the project will put a lot of movie-goers off. DC heroes are too bright lights and Las Vegas for them to really work in modern cinema. The trend is for gritty, "dark" stories. That's why Batman works, but Superman never does. That's why the Flash, Wonder Woman and the rest of their stable ahven't really translated boyhood affection into opening weekend dollars.

As an aside, this movie will be coming out the same year as:

Avengers 2 (Downey Jnr has signed up for this as well)

Fantastic Four

Assassins Creed

Terminator 5

Independence Day 2

Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Ant Man

Bond 24

Jurassic Park 5

Hot on the hells of 2014 which sees:

Captain America 2

Spider-man 2

Godzilla

X-Men Days of Future Past

Transformer 4

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Guardians of the Galaxy

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle

The Hobbit 3

Safe to say it's going to be an annoying couple of years for anyone I talk to.

and yes, I know that the obvious joke is to say that's no different to normal, but fuck you.

Robocop

Watched most of the first season of Continuum while I was away - pretty decent so far though I'm not sure the time travel paradoxes are being handled well so far.

It was made last year and its interesting that it refers to a "future" where every aspect of everyone's lives is monitored and the cop naivley buys the line of "keeping us honest as we have nothing to fear as there are no secrets" which sounds topically familiar.

oh no it's nothing to do with how bad daredevil was, it's just generally how bad he is, he's fairly awful like i'd struggle to name any films i thought he was alright in, what movies do you remember that would make you think "aye he was good in that"

Argo was good and he didn't fuck that up, Good will hunting i liked but he was hardly a main feature of it, and was supposed to be a bit of a wooden mong in it.

Asides from that most movies been in either as the lead actor or a supporting have been average at best with the majority being pretty shite, seems to have more joy with directing

Sadly i think this superman/batman effort is going be a massive stinker in comparison to the recent marvel series setups.

I like him in the Kevin Smith films especially Dogma.

When I was last in the States a couple of years ago I really go into Storage Wars.

They now show it over here and a whole host of others of its ilk on The History Channel.

I also like Air Crash Investigation, Black Box and Seconds from Disaster. Morbid I know but fascinating.

I caught about ten minutes of this once.........Jesus Christ how shit is it? :lol: (and are you actually supposed to comprehend the auctioneers over there?)

I caught about ten minutes of this once.........Jesus Christ how shit is it? :lol: (and are you actually supposed to comprehend the auctioneers over there?)

One of my guilty pleasures is Storage Hunters on Dave - sometimes they almost convince you its not staged but then it just gets that extra bit daft and spoils it.

Affleck will be fine as Batman. The uproar is ridiculous. He makes a good Bruce Wayne IMO and once the mask is on it's more about the lines that the delivery. On the dialogue front there was some shocking stuff in Dark Knight Rises, combined with the comedic delivery from Bale and no one really had an issue with it. Affleck actually has an interest in Batman and therefore a stake in protecting the mainstream status that the character has built of late.

One of my guilty pleasures is Storage Hunters on Dave - sometimes they almost convince you its not staged but then it just gets that extra bit daft and spoils it.

Got to say, I love 'pawn stars' even though it's pretty much staged, also love the obsession with guns in that shop and the obesity of everyone who works there. :D

He'll be shite like the other movies he's in... I don't get why people think he'll be good.

He's not shit in every movie he's in (I enjoyed his performance in changing lanes for one) and you won't find many who think that he'll be good.

Affleck has copped shit his whole career from all quarters and yet he has an academy award for best screenplay and one for best director for Argo more recently. He'll rise agaisnt the adversity and provide at least a passable performance in a superhero movie where he's a supporting actor.

I didn't scan his back catalogue - that just came to mind. I'm interested to see how he does, all I'm saying is that I'm not writing him off and that there's a number of legitimate reason why he's been chosen for the role.