Beye Wants To Stay

Tooj

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll believe when I see it like.

Aye, easy to say this now with no offers on the table from elsewhere. If any come in he could sharp change his tune.

Exactly. Like he did when he signed for us.

Guest alex
I'll believe when I see it like.

Aye, easy to say this now with no offers on the table from elsewhere. If any come in he could sharp change his tune.

I think he's a genuine enough character but on top of what you say the club will consider offers and if they make it clear he's free to go, he will I'd guess. He'll need a contract extension to stay anyway because he's only got a year left iirc.

Did Beye come out and categorically state he was staying at Marseille when he signed the new contract there? Or did he sign it knowing how it would benefit Marseille's valuation?

He said he had intended to stay but then one of his colleagues got injured and said he had to take the chance of the move when it came along.

I'd love Beye to stay, but that statement doesn't mean a thing. I'm sure there will be plenty of interest in him. He's proven himself in this league and his contract is up next year, so he won't cost much. And once he has an offer from a Premiership club on the table, he will want to leave.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1667147,00.html

HABIB Beye has nailed his colours to the black-and-white mast with the popular Newcastle United defender insisting that he wants to help fire the club back into the Premier League next season.

The 31-year-old is a firm favourite among the Geordie faithful and this news will come as music to the ears of supporters who were left floored following Sunday's relegation from the top flight.

Beye said: "The players who will be here next year must put this club back in the Premier League.

"I'm in - I'm a Newcastle player.

Good on you Habib. Bar Taylor the only other player that really cares about the club. The guy loves Newcastle United.

Good lad. Theres only really Bassong left who im desperate to have stay. Jonas would be good but as it would jeopardise his place in the Argie squad i wouldnt hate him if he left. Carroll will stay im sure and hopfully Enrique but the rest can frig off as far as im concerned

If 3 of or back four was made up of Taylor, Bassong and Beye I would be very confident going into the season.

Me too as long as 3 of our four across midfield wasn't nolan, butt and smith

:wub:

Spot on.

I'd be devastated if Nick Fucking Butt was leading our midfield next season.

If 3 of or back four was made up of Taylor, Bassong and Beye I would be very confident going into the season.

Me too as long as 3 of our four across midfield wasn't nolan, butt and smith

and barton

glad to see a couple of players coming out and showing some commitment to the club and the cause. Yes he could be forced out once the window opens, but i'd rather have players showing some kind of personal responce to the situation rather than getting agents to fodder the same shit

You can hoy Enrique in there as LB and its one of the best defences weve had in a long time. How ironic that after all these years of banging the goals in and having a shit defence, we end up being relegated cos our strikeforce cant hit a barn door

PETER LOVENKRANDS is unlikely to stay at St James’s Park according to his agent Ivan Markos Benes.

He said today: “We are looking for a new contract for Peter in England.

“Most players want to play in the top division, so Peter is no different.”

:wub:

Fucking hilarious.

we'd of liked him to play in the top division too :lol:

You can hoy Enrique in there as LB and its one of the best defences weve had in a long time. How ironic that after all these years of banging the goals in and having a shit defence, we end up being relegated cos our strikeforce cant hit a barn door

I don't think it's irony, I think it's reason.

The reason our defence was shown up year after year was because our front 6 were so good. We'd score 4 or 5, but let in 3 or 4. Not that the attack and midfield has turned to shit, the defence looks somewhat better.

It's not perfect by any means but it was let down IMO by a very poor midfield. The area of the pitch which showed our greatest weakness was between defence and midfield. The area that a certain Gary Speed (who was sacrificed for Nicky Butt remember and NOT by SBR) commanded brilliantly for us.

We need a strong defensive midfielder IMO. It's the key to us getting it right.

Did Beye come out and categorically state he was staying at Marseille when he signed the new contract there? Or did he sign it knowing how it would benefit Marseille's valuation?

He said he had intended to stay but then one of his colleagues got injured and said he had to take the chance of the move when it came along.

To be exact, he said it was the chance to make big money that made up his mind. He'll be on big money for a Championship player but worth it imo.

HIGHLY-rated Tim Krul today pledged his future to Newcastle United – despite the club's relegation from the Premier League.

Krul – who established himself as the club's No 2 stopper under Alan Shearer – is determined to fight Steve Harper for the goalkeeping jersey at St James's Park.

Krul came close to joining Feyenoord in his native Holland last summer.

Since then, he has had a spell on loan at League One Carlisle United, before returning to the club in the wake of Shay Given's departure to Manchester City.

The 21-year-old had been alternating back-up duty with Newcastle's other promising young goalkeeper, Fraser Forster, but made the bench for United's last eight games.

And Krul insists he is happy to stay on Tyneside to compete with Harper as the club looks to return to the top-flight at the first attempt.

"I don't see any reason to leave Newcastle United – why should I?" said Krul.

"It's my first priority to start the new campaign as first-choice goalkeeper. I am willing to take up that challenge.

"We want to get back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and I hope to play a major part in it. That would be wonderful.