Owen

The Fish

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf, as a free stop-gap type of transfer, he's hardly been a disaster for Man Utd. Especially if it's true about being on a performance-related pay deal.

fergie got it wrong this time.

Not for the first time that's for sure - Bosnich, Taibi, Blanc, etc...?

There's a lot of mileage in the old "Fergie's never sold a decent player" addage. Maybe not but he sure has signed some utter garbage.

Veron, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba — not exactly small change either!

• 2 weeks later...
Michael Owen ruled out for rest of season

Manchester United striker Michael Owen will not play again this season after pulling his hamstring in the Carling Cup win over Aston Villa.

More to follow.

BBC

Michael Owen ruled out for rest of season

Manchester United striker Michael Owen will not play again this season after pulling his hamstring in the Carling Cup win over Aston Villa.

More to follow.

BBC

Guest Barrack Road
Bye bye World Cup... :icon_lol:

Bye Bye World Cup? Under any circumstance he wasn't going? Capello isn't daft there, he understands he's finished. 8 years ago I made a remark about Michael Owen, when his pace goes, he'll have nothing and will be finished, while Bellamy will prove he's a better all round player. I was right.

Don't worry guys, it must be a mistake as Owen isn't injury prone - just check his brochure.

I was thinking about that when his latest injury was announced. Owen cares more about his horses now than football, didn't he say as much recently in a Talk Sport interview? Hard not to despise him tbh.

Such a staggeringly disgraceful salary it needed saying twice.

Fuckin mercenary

Aye, he should have told FS to fuck off and he wouldn't accept anything more than minimum wage.

Got to laugh at his post match interview on Sunday...

"yeah I know my body well now... This will only be a couple of weeks at most".

Or something like that was what he said :icon_lol:

Such a staggeringly disgraceful salary it needed saying twice.

Fuckin mercenary

Aye, he should have told FS to fuck off and he wouldn't accept anything more than minimum wage.

Fair point, you could hardly expect him to turn down that kind of wedge but for that salary he owed us much, much more than he ever gave. We're well shot of him.

Whiskey nose probably thinks he got a good deal and let's face it for a free it hasn't been bad business, but I hardly think Owen is still the kind of calibre of player Man U would expect (like most of SAF's recent purchases.)