Owen

The Fish

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a staggeringly disgraceful salary it needed saying twice.

Fuckin mercenary

Aye, he should have told FS to fuck off and he wouldn't accept anything more than minimum wage.

Fair point, you could hardly expect him to turn down that kind of wedge but for that salary he owed us much, much more than he ever gave. We're well shot of him.

Whiskey nose probably thinks he got a good deal and let's face it for a free it hasn't been bad business, but I hardly think Owen is still the kind of calibre of player Man U would expect (like most of SAF's recent purchases.)

What more could he have done?

I see Woodgate is finished for the season too, operation on a groin injury. Played an impressive two league games for spuds this season.

He only played 10 games for Real Madrid and he was there 3 seasons.

Good thing in the end that he didn't come back to us when he was deciding where to go. Would have slotted straight back into the Jonathan Woodgate ward of the Newcastle United medical facilities.

Still amazes me how much Real Madrid shelled out to get him from us.

Still amazes me how much Real Madrid shelled out to get him from us.

They got us back when they sold us Owen though.

True. :yes

• 7 months later...
Owen - I could call it a day

Michael Owen admits he could hang up his boots if Manchester United release him at the end of the season.

The former England international is in the final term of a two-year deal at Old Trafford and has not yet entered talks with manager Sir Alex Ferguson over a possible contract extension.

Owen has been struggling with injuries of late, with a fresh hamstring tweak keeping him on the sidelines for a further month after a groin problem hindered the start of his campaign.

The 30-year-old has made just one Premier League start for the Red Devils this season, at Sunderland at the beginning of the month, but the striker admits he has no interest in playing for a 'poorer' top flight club.

"I would honestly love to stay but you will have to ask the manager about the long term," Owen said in The Sun.

"I could score at this level for many years and would love it to be at a top club like United.

"Whether I would want to be dropping down to a poorer Premier League team, I don't know.

"Yes, I could score goals but I would probably get less opportunities and less enjoyment.

"I just don't feel my game is suited to a team that is really struggling. I won't drop down leagues."

Owen admits he would not go back to a struggling side having spent time at a crisis-stricken Newcastle before arriving at Old Trafford.

He added: "I have played in big teams before and played every game and I have played in a struggling team. I know which I prefer.

"When you play here, you play with quality."

Owen says if he does quit after this season, he would love to do it on the back of UEFA Champions League or Premier League success.

Owen added: "It would not only round off my career, but put it to bed."

The veteran insists a job in football management would not be out of the question when he does eventually call time on his playing days.

"I'm on my second stage of coaching badges and management is a real possibility," he said.

"Horse racing will always be a big part of my life but, if there's a job going forward, it will be in football."

You reckon, Michael? ;)

OWEN OUT WITH OVARY STRAIN Print E-mail

28-10-10

Manchester United striker Michael Owen will be out for six weeks after straining his left ovary.

The collapsible England star has been plagued with injuries since he ruptured his eighth subdivided cell shortly after he was conceived.

United physio, Roy Hobbs, said: "Michael ran out of male body parts in 2007. In order to bulk him up a bit we've fitted him with 14 ovaries, three beaks and a trunk. And you may remember that last year he was laid up for a month after contracting fin rot.

"Since then, we've had to treat him for countless niggles like a tear in his distributor cap and a chronic bout of existential ennui in his right hoof.

"I don't know if you've ever massaged the crushing malaise out of someone confronting their own pointlessness in a godless universe using Deep Heat, but it's no picnic."

United's squad has been riddled with injuries, with the club applying for a Lottery grant to finance the restoration of Owen Hargreaves, while Antonio Valencia is currently having individual cartilage atoms fired at his ankle in the Large Hadron Collider.

Hobbs said: "I remember in the old days, my only job was changing the elastic that kept Steve Bruce's nose attached to his face and occasionally buffing the Schmeichel. But since Owen arrived every player we have seems to be made out of pound shop lego bricks and Pritt Stick.

"I'm not saying he's jinxed the squad but we've had to replace the magic sponge with an air ambulance and a priest. Somebody goes in for a heavy tackle and it looks like the exploding school girl at the start of The Untouchables."

Owen apologised for letting down the United fans, adding: "I'll be banging in the sitters again, just as soon as Roy has defragmented my hard drive and re-tweaked my labia."

OWEN OUT WITH OVARY STRAIN Print E-mail

28-10-10

"I don't know if you've ever massaged the crushing malaise out of someone confronting their own pointlessness in a godless universe using Deep Heat, but it's no picnic."

:angry: