Matchday

Christmas Tree

Krul point for sure. Fantastic saves (If we had some decent defense he should not have had to make several of them).

Heart was in my mouth when they took the free-kick. Great job by the linesman to make the correct call on the offside. We've had calls like that go against us too many times before, nice for them to get it right.

That Nolan chance was a bloody tough header IMO. Even though he was in the clear it would have been bloody hard for him to keep that down and on target - needed someone with more height (or the ball to have been a little lower obviously).

Happy with 1-1 though. As I'm sure all would be if they'd watched the match.

I'm dying for someone to come in for Col O'Cheaney. So obviously not suited to fast paced games. He's going to have the fastest opposing striker giving him tremors all game every game.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranger did more with that knock down for Duffer than Shola did the entire game

Utter waste of space as usual, and constantly offside. Gutted Carroll came off, he was one of our best players. Wouldn't mind seeing Smith get a game up front in this league.

Annoying by the result really with the way it went. Moronic substitutions.

It really does get seriously infuriating that years down the line Ameobi is still paying no attention and lumbering about being caught offside all the time, not arsed about watching the defensive line. And when he isn't offside he's giving away pointless freekicks for fouling defenders.

If I were manager, next week Id play:

Krul

Enrique --- Saylor --- Coco the clown ---Raylor

Duff --- Smith --- Barton --- Lua Lua

Ranger --- Carroll

But knowing Hughton he'll play Amoebi and Jonas, and Harper.

Lawro needs to be used as an Elephant's tampon

he's a fucking cock.

That's giving him too much credit, he's more of a flaccid cock.

Good result. Don't think we learned anything new. The same lads should play ahead of the same knob heads.

Krul shown he's not going to be overwhelmed. Smith was very very good; rarely gave the ball away and displayed the kind of tackling I've not seen in ages. Real blood and thunder stuff. Carroll was great in 1st half disappeared in the 2nd.

like juice690

says it should of been Shola for Ranger / Barton for Nolan which i totally agree

as much as i hate to say it smith looked the better player

a little more discipline and a manager in charge and west brom were there for the taking !!!!!

but overall happy with the result as we still looked suspect in defence

Wow, really good game. end to end. Lets hope for more the rest of the season but with a few more goals. But that will happen with my 2nd suggestion Ranger on for Shola. Must say most of the team really looked like they wanted to win this.

:lol:

Good result. Don't think we learned anything new. The same lads should play ahead of the same knob heads.

Krul shown he's not going to be overwhelmed. Smith was very very good; rarely gave the ball away and displayed the kind of tackling I've not seen in ages. Real blood and thunder stuff. Carroll was great in 1st half disappeared in the 2nd.

The good thing about Smith was that whilst it was fullblooded tackling there was still control and discipline, not conceding a string of freekicks with wild challenges.

Smith did the job admirably of winning the ball in midfield and a few times in defence and using it sensibly and was involved in the few decent moves we strung together.

A point will do me.
And me...got to remember although WBA are no great shakes but neither are we! When you look at it west brom away in the ccc is the same as liverpool away in the premier league...tough away day and a good point! :lol:

A good performance from the lads and they actually looked like they wanted it!

Some decent passing and possession play and the fans were amazing.

Collocini needs to think a bit quicker sometimes and he shouldn't be ashamed to be English about things sometimes and just blast it into sweet fucking oblivion in the opposite direction as opposed to take the defender on. The same applies to Enrique to a lesser degree as he can actually take a defender on!

I think if we keep this group of lads we will be fine. Today was one of the hardest games of the season and we were unlucky not to win it.

Krul was superb and rose to the challenge like a mighty Dutch tiger on crack. He was a bit '' :lol: '' at times but I felt his shot stopping was awesome.

Please appoint a manager and don't sell any more players :panic:

Edit : To say Jonas' play acting irritated the shite out of me!

It probably convinced Assley that we will get promotion without spending anything.

If thats one of the harder games of the season, I think we might actually stand a chance of being in decent shape. Just get a manager in, maybe 2-3 players in, a striker, a central defender, and a midfielder and we're looking quite good. Lets just hope no one gets injured...except Shola

Yeah FFS stay on your feet. When he actually did get clobbered in the head with an elbow the ref wanted nothing to do with it because he'd already been down more times than a $2 hooker.

Smith actually played quite well. Upped his involvement in attack in the second half, and his timing on tackles was perfect (if it wasn't he would have seen yellow).

Edit: Duff looked so much better when he acted quickly on the ball rather than slowing things down then trying to beat his man. Defenders will gobble him up if he keeps trying that.

Edited by OzToonFan

It probably convinced Assley that we will get promotion without spending anything.

I will go round his house, shag his one fit daughter and knee cap the cunt if that is the case.

Yeah FFS stay on your feet. When he actually did get clobbered in the head with an elbow the ref wanted nothing to do with it because he'd already been down more times than a $2 hooker.

Smith actually played quite well. Upped his involvement in attack in the second half, and his timing on tackles was perfect (if it wasn't he would have seen yellow).

Smith's tackling was some how awesome!

But with Jonas he was playing on the ref and in this league it's apparent that the ref doesn't give a fuck. GET ON WITH IT!

Jonas -shit

Smith - more than adequate stand in for Butt

Understatement about smith like. Had a solid game. Moved around, didnt seem to tire, won possession plenty, passed it off well and didnt get booked. All the stuff Butt doesnt do these days. Does seem to share his shooting skills though.

As for Jonas, he's still prob the best we have.

My biggest fear is more likely to be sold :lol:

Yeah I agree, the amount of fouls he got in the Premier League was insane, I still recall the Ref blowing the whistle everytime he falls down. No more Jonas, No more.

Krul was great and should start ahead of Harper in the next match. He had a moment or two where he came out and flapped but I put that down to him knowing our defence is complete horseshite when a ball is lofted in rather than over excitement. If he had more faith in our ability to deal with aerial threats i'm sure he'd have stayed on his line.

Duff picked up in the second half, as did Enrique but Jonas and Colo are too lightweight (and cack) and we need to do away with them ASAP. I reckon Geremi could do a job at this level and from the little i've seen of Kadar he's better option that Coloccini. I don't buy the stuff about Jonas not having any support in the box for his poor crosses either, aside from one decent ball along the floor against Villa last year I can't remember him putting in one cross that had anything about it. He's fucking shite and will quickly take over from Martins as the player who can do no wrong while being simply not good enough.

I can't overstate the hatred I have for Shola FUCKING Ameobi. He strolls about the place like he's walking his dogs on a Sunday morning, not chasing any cause no matter how favourable the chances are of him coming away with the ball. He can't pass, he can't control, his footballing brain is non-existant and more importantly he can't fucking shoot. He's like a Lidl version of Oba. Why Hughton took of Carroll, who had battled all day long and left that piece of unmitigated gash on the pitch I do not know, but it's proof we need a manager as soon as.