Do you remember the first time?

Guest alex

Inspired by the other thread - what was the first single and / or album you bought? Taping off the radio doesn't count.

Mine were: (single) The Show - Doug E. Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew, (album) Seven and the Ragged Tiger ( :lol: ) - Duran Duran :(

First one i actually went out and bought, with my money hard earned delivering the Ronnie Gill

Denis - Blondie

I was 9 and three quarters :lol:

1st album was this

album-ACDC-If-You-Want-Blood-Youve-Got-It.jpg

had to save up for it like.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

i think the 1st song i bought was "I lost my heart to a starship trooper" by Sarah Brightman and Hot Gossip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL6MAyTXMRA

1st album erm....................... cant remember!!! :lol:

was probably some dodgy disco compilation thing

Edited by AvatarAxeman

Honestly cant recall. Used to buy singles alot, but not many albums. Id listen to alot of my brothers tapes which were mainly 2Tone / Ska stuff. First tape album I remember owning was called 15 Monster Hits . Track list :

1. Chapel Of Love - The Dixie Cups

2. High Time - Paul Jones

3. Louie Louie - The Kingsmen

4. Hey Paula - Paul & Paula

5. Wild Thing - The Troggs

6. Tom Dooley - The Kingston Trio

7. Wimoweh - Karl Denver

8. Rebel Rouser - Duane Eddy

9. My Prayer - The Platters

10. My Guy - Mary Wells

11. He's So Fine - The Chiffons

12. Runaway - Del Shannon

13. Blue Moon - The Marcels

14. Yakety Yak - The Coasters

15. Donna - Ritchie Valens

First I remember buying I think was Madonna's first album :lol:

Single -- 45

Joe Boxers --- Boxer Beat Urgghh!!!

600226.jpg

Album

Out of the Blue by ELO

ELO-Out_of_the_Blue_Lp.jpg

Jeff Lynne wrote the entire album in three and a half weeks after a sudden burst of creativity whilst hidden away in his rented chalet in the Swiss Alps. It took a further two months to record in Munich. The album had 4,000,000 pre-ordered copies and quickly went multi-Platinum upon release. Out of the Blue spawned five hit singles in different countries

Nice thread Alex, forgotten all about ELO so going to go and have another listen. Will not be checking up on Boxer Beat :lol:

Nice thread Alex, forgotten all about ELO so going to go and have another listen. Will not be checking up on Boxer Beat :lol:

Excellent album, by ELO. My fave track ( think its on there) is Wild West Hero.

U2 - Boy, Adam & The Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier, The Police -Zenyatta Mondatta - all in 1981 iirc.

I also remember buying Like a Virgin too but that was a few years later.

I bought some Thompson Twins stuff in the same period, again no idea exactly when, probably a bit later than 81.

Single - Magic Fly by Space - 1977 I think - electronic synth intrumental - not a genre I like any more but still okay for nostalgia purposes.

Album - Black Sabbath - Vol 4 - off a lad at School - a great start.

Single...

:lol:

Blew paper round dosh on this album. A certain music show, iirc, shown on a Tuesday, BBC2 around 6ish, called 'No Limits' regularly played their music videos. One of a rare breed of bands that actually sound better 'live'.

Heart_album_cover.jpg

Edited by B&Wsy

Album: Michael Jackson's "Bad" and Europe's "The Final Countdown", if you count knock-off tapes bought on holiday in the likes of Malta/Cyprus. :lol:

Single: "Snooker Loopy" by Chas and Dave and the Matchroom mob (cough). I had the choice of everything in the "singles box" in Martins (now WHSmith) in the Gosforth shopping centre. It came down to a close fight between the Rockney boys and "King In A Catholic Style" by China Crisis. I'm not sure that my life would have turned out much better if I'd chosen the latter, but I'd certainly feel less guilty. :(

Single: Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting. Elton John. If you wiki it, you will see the tattoo which came on the picture sleeve. I painted the same tattoo on my haversack, and, without bullshitting, looked fuckin' mint.

Album: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Elton John. Brilliant album which the above single was taken from.

Single: too much too young by the specials...or it might have been another brick in the wall by pink floyd, who I can't listen to now :(

Album:I remember the Police's Ghost in the Machine and AC/DC's flick of the switch, or maybe something by Adam and the Ants..

all bought from Woolies. I miss Woolies....much better than a fuckin download :lol: