What are you drinking?

Guest alex

I had 2 glasses of red wine on Christmas Eve, a G&T, a white wine and a glass of champagne of Christmas day and that's all I've had. Working all new year so won't be having anything then. Must be getting old.

Are you pretending nurses don"t have few sniftas on the job? ;)

Are you pretending nurses don"t have few sniftas on the job? ;)

Ah those were the days! There was a time we could join in with the Bucks Fizz we gave our ward patients on Christmas Day morning and a cheeky Baileys on the afternoon but sadly no more. It's kind of frowned upon when you're stopping someone breathing in order to have surgery and they depend on you to do it for them.

:lol: same here. Had my liquid weight in peeve over the past few days and my body is rebelling by not letting me sleep and making my arse sound and smell like the back of a butcher shop.

I had a pizza with lots of hot sauce added to it last night after quite a few bottles and cans throughout the day night. My underpants are now like the Japanese flag.

I'm going dry for January and putting any donations and any money I'd have spent towards MacMillans.

Any donations are welcome :good:

I know it's a belt-tightening time of year, so I'll only post the link if people ask for it.

Ah those were the days! There was a time we could join in with the Bucks Fizz we gave our ward patients on Christmas Day morning and a cheeky Baileys on the afternoon but sadly no more. It's kind of frowned upon when you're stopping someone breathing in order to have surgery and they depend on you to do it for them.

I had a student job in a nurses residence....Those were the days indeed! iirc they were all pretty much pissed all through the festive period...Nowadays its all new fangled quotas and charts and care plans no doubt...:lol:

I get absolutely no enjoyment from excessive drinking. I'm sure drink works differently on me than it does on other people cos being drunk isn't that fun or interesting, and the negative impacts far outweigh any fleeting positive ones. I'll enjoy a couple of drinks in the house, but anything beyond that it just becomes a chore.

Boring maybe, but honestly I'm convinced that if drink had the effect on anyone else that it has on me, the only option they would have is to stay off it.

I'm right off the drink as well ATM (not sure why). Got shitloads for Christmas as well. Think I'm just going to hoy it in the shed. Hardly touched the stuff over Xmas either.

Was on the drink all day yesterday and sick of it tbh. Thinking about cutting it right down. Stopping all together is just so final!

"The shed" is slang for your gullet now?

I get absolutely no enjoyment from excessive drinking. I'm sure drink works differently on me than it does on other people cos being drunk isn't that fun or interesting, and the negative impacts far outweigh any fleeting positive ones. I'll enjoy a couple of drinks in the house, but anything beyond that it just becomes a chore.

Boring maybe, but honestly I'm convinced that if drink had the effect on anyone else that it has on me, the only option they would have is to stay off it.

:D

I don't think it's boring to drink within your limits. It's just reasonable adult behaviour. It's fine when you're a bairn and testing the boundaries and whatnot, but seriously when you see people over the age of 30 staggering about the place it's embarrassing. I know it's sexist, but seeing a 30+ woman dressed like she did 16 years and 16 stone ago, holding a kebab in one hands an her mates hair back in the other, I despair.

Nothing wrong with getting good and drunk, just stop at the point that you're still capable of looking at the screen of your phone without needing to close one eye. Stop before you come to the conclusion that a kebab from a van is a good idea. Stop before this girl seems like a good option:

epic-halloween-costume-fail.jpg

I don't think it's boring to drink within your limits. It's just reasonable adult behaviour. It's fine when you're a bairn and testing the boundaries and whatnot, but seriously when you see people over the age of 30 staggering about the place it's embarrassing. I know it's sexist, but seeing a 30+ woman dressed like she did 16 years and 16 stone ago, holding a kebab in one hands an her mates hair back in the other, I despair.

Nothing wrong with getting good and drunk, just stop at the point that you're still capable of looking at the screen of your phone without needing to close one eye. Stop before you come to the conclusion that a kebab from a van is a good idea. Stop before this girl seems like a good option:

I'd agree - I went out for my birthday with a few lads (all about 28) and one of us got really pissed, to the point where he was slouched in a heap outside a bar between two wheelie bins and was too incapacitated to move. We had to phone his dad to pick him up at 3am because we couldn't stand him up without fully supporting his weight... Needless to say, he was pretty embarrassed when he came to, a week later.

...And no, it wasn't me.

You're supposed to have gotten it all out of your system by this age though, certainly.