What are you drinking?

Guest alex

Absolutely outrageous decision to have a bottle tonight with a 65 mile bike ride at 7am. I'm like Michael Phelps smoking a doobie baby.

Considering you get a hangover after a packet of wine gums I'd say that probably want your wisest decision :razz:

• 2 weeks later...

I love a nice Pinot noir. How was Disney?

*whispers* we didn't do Disney :unsure2: Apparently it's the crime of the century according to some people I know, but with limited time in Orlando itself I had to make a choice between Magic Kingdom and Universal/Islands of Adventure so we did the 2 Universal parks in the same day. Turns out the bairn isn't a thrill-seeker and after doing the Escape from Gringotts ride, he stuck to the smaller rides as he was a bit freaked out. I, however, went on everything :D I'm not a huge theme park fan and the holiday was more about staying with our friends and having an actual holiday, but Universal is impressive. Queueing frustrates me and getting up at 6am to be there at 7am for it opening at 8.45am is frankly ridiculous, but it was an experience. The holiday itself, and the sunshine, beaches, swimming, catching up with old friends was amazing :)

*whispers* we didn't do Disney :unsure2: Apparently it's the crime of the century according to some people I know, but with limited time in Orlando itself I had to make a choice between Magic Kingdom and Universal/Islands of Adventure so we did the 2 Universal parks in the same day. Turns out the bairn isn't a thrill-seeker and after doing the Escape from Gringotts ride, he stuck to the smaller rides as he was a bit freaked out. I, however, went on everything :D I'm not a huge theme park fan and the holiday was more about staying with our friends and having an actual holiday, but Universal is impressive. Queueing frustrates me and getting up at 6am to be there at 7am for it opening at 8.45am is frankly ridiculous, but it was an experience. The holiday itself, and the sunshine, beaches, swimming, catching up with old friends was amazing :)

Disney is shit nowadays.

He's never been a fan of the Mouse, or any of the other 'big' characters. He's pretty much outgrown Toy Story and a lot of the other movies he was into when he was younger and is now obsessed with Marvel, Transformers, Minions etc, so it made more sense to do that.

she's awesome, thanks! she just started smiling and being a bit more aware of what's going on around her. she's a whopper too - already over 11lbs! she looks like a three month already at just over 5 weeks.

on a personal level, my mrs is letting me sleep in the spare room during the week so i'm not completely knackered for work, which is great, but i share our bed and help out during the night at weekends, which means i'm in the bizarre position of being fresh as a daisy all week then a zombie at the weekend. polar opposite to how things are normally.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Since my discovery of German wheat beer on the shores of Lake Garda, I have sampled many pretenders to that taste. Erdinger on draught is ok, but nothing bottled has yet come close until last night.

I picked up a couple of bottles of Schofferhofer Hefeweizen from my local Aldi. This stuff is the dogs bollocks. Fabulous head and delicious cloudy wheat awesomeness.

http://beerbeer.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/P1010333-480x640.jpg

Edited by Christmas Tree