Liverpool up for sale

Sonatine

Liverpool is probably a very similar distance to Dublin, that Newcastle is to the first population centre you get to going north which is Edinburgh. Certainly closer than Glasgow I would guess.

I've often maintained scousers have as much welsh influence in their accent as they do Irish. Ian Rush sounds scouse and they all do in North Wales.

No they don't.

We have Irish, Welsh and Scandivian influences in our accents but the Irish were the most prevalent.

Link.

Link to what? Things I have known for most of my life, long before the internet?

So you're basing it on an opinion rather than fact again. A misguided one at that.

No I'm basing it on what I've learned, been taught and seen over my lifetime. You're, yet again, talking about something you know nothing about, and I wish I could just call you misguided but sadly, you're too poisonous to be called that.

Yet another ambiguous carbuncle. Why can't you just answer a question? I must've asked you 20 questions on this thread, you've chosen not to answer any of them because you're a rude man. Sign of a poor upbringing tbh.

:angry:

Fucking hell man, Stevie. Are you posting using a scrabble set these days?

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe that you lot actually think this is a Scouser. He doesn't come across as having the remotest amount of intelligence but then seems to know that Newcastle is near to the Scottish Border, can't say I've come across many young ones in this country who are good on geography. I remember one North East guy asking me if Liverpool was anywhere near Leicester, unfortunately I don't find that unusual for some of todays youngsters.
This one appears to know more about the North East than Liverpool. He just doesn't sound Scouse at all to me.

I live Aintree grow up County road Walton. Where you from geordie bum licker? Can't I seen that user name in the Liverpool forums.

Alex was spot on.

Can't exercise your superiority complex with Man U or any of the other Champions League team supporters any more but still want to get mouthy with someone.

Well done on not having an owner as shit as ours....yet.

Isn't there some speculation these other septics don't have much money for investment too? Out of the frying pan into the fire perhaps?

No one knows who the new owners are yet. But who ever buys will pay back the debt to RBS. So unlike Man Utd we don't have to pay intrest and we wont be losing shit loads of cash. So in nutshell we will have more cash to spend on players. Also whoever buys will have to spend big in Jan and build a new ground. Unlike Newcastle Liverpool is a worldwide supported club so it wont be hard to sell.

They are worth at about half a billion dollars. Not enough to rejuvinate Liverpool, bearing in mind they will normally only earmark a percentage for re-investment into the side.

Edited by Park Life

Which soft twat lowered the English border to Newcastle. Newcastle should be part of Scotland. They can't play football and you can't understand them for fuck sake.

you were just an underachieving club before Shankly took over pal, you were nothing. You may well go back to this, in fact you're well on the way already.

Liverpool should be in North Wales or Ireland by the way, as most of your gloryseeking support is based there, just like ManU.

We were in the 2nd div when Shankly was appointed but isn't appointing the right manager to take you forward the thing that clubs should do. Or do you think that we should have said "eh hang on a minute this might be the start of a dynasty and it wouldn't be fair on clubs like Newcastle"? We had 5 titles when Shanks joined, same amount as Man U, think Sunderland had 6 and you had 4. Liverpool and Man U raced ahead because the clubs were run properly.

Can of worms :angry:

indeed. You don't qualify regularly for europe unless you are a well run club.

Liverpool were a great side for periods of the last 40 years, the best. Doesn't make them bigger than ManU though, because they weren't and never will be, any more than Notts Forest are bigger than the likes of us and Liverpool when they won the european cup themselves.

There is a difference, but I'm not surprised you don't get it.

Alex was spot on.

Can't exercise your superiority complex with Man U or any of the other Champions League team supporters any more but still want to get mouthy with someone.

Well done on not having an owner as shit as ours....yet.

Isn't there some speculation these other septics don't have much money for investment too? Out of the frying pan into the fire perhaps?

No one knows who the new owners are yet. But who ever buys will pay back the debt to RBS. So unlike Man Utd we don't have to pay intrest and we wont be losing shit loads of cash. So in nutshell we will have more cash to spend on players. Also whoever buys will have to spend big in Jan and build a new ground. Unlike Newcastle Liverpool is a worldwide supported club so it wont be hard to sell.

They are worth at about half a billion dollars. Not enough to rejuvinate Liverpool, bearing in mind they will normally only earmark a percentage for re-investment into the side.

Liverpools profits are enough to reinvest in the team, wouldn't like it any other way tbh. The one good thing those two did was appoint Ian Ayre to maximise the profits and he's done a superb job. John Henry alone is worth 800 million dollars but he's only one of a group of 17.

It could go tits up with these as well, it remains to be seen, but anything is better than leveraged buy out merchants.

It could go tits up with these as well, it remains to be seen, but anything is better than leveraged buy out merchants.

"It could go tits up with this one as well, it remains to be seen, but anything is better than Fat Fred." © Toontastic 2007

Liverpool is probably a very similar distance to Dublin, that Newcastle is to the first population centre you get to going north which is Edinburgh. Certainly closer than Glasgow I would guess.

I've often maintained scousers have as much welsh influence in their accent as they do Irish. Ian Rush sounds scouse and they all do in North Wales.

No they don't.

We have Irish, Welsh and Scandivian influences in our accents but the Irish were the most prevalent.

Link.

Link to what? Things I have known for most of my life, long before the internet?

So you're basing it on an opinion rather than fact again. A misguided one at that.

No I'm basing it on what I've learned, been taught and seen over my lifetime. You're, yet again, talking about something you know nothing about, and I wish I could just call you misguided but sadly, you're too poisonous to be called that.

Yet another ambiguous carbuncle. Why can't you just answer a question? I must've asked you 20 questions on this thread, you've chosen not to answer any of them because you're a rude man. Sign of a poor upbringing tbh.

Fishism tbh.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

No they don't.

Link.

:icon_lol::lol: Well I thought it was a perfectly succinct way of putting it. Get abused if I type like a bamp, and also when I attempt to be articulate in my posts. I can't win.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Guest Tuco Ramirez
:angry: I'm no legal eagle, but my feeling is that this will make no difference in the grand scheme of things, sadly. Says a lot for Liverpool the amount of people who would really like the worst case scenario to happen. I speak with people who support all manner of clubs on a daily basis, everyone I've spoken wants them to crumble and burn, and it's not jealousy, it's just what the club have and its' supporters have become over the last 25 years.

In furtherance of this grand conspiracy, on information and belief, RBS has improperly used its influence as the club's creditor and as a worldwide banking leader to prevent any transaction that would permit Messrs. Hicks and Gillett to recover any of their initial investment in the club, much less share in the substantial appreciation in the value of Liverpool FC that their investments have created

I really want to see Liverpool disappear up its' own arse but fuck me that statement is deluded.

How do twats like these guys and Ashley make their money - clueless!

Caught something on 5 live saying that H&G have managed to get a judge in Texas to pass a restraining order saying it can't go ahead. Apparently this has RBS and the new owners shitting themselves due to their business interests in the states and not wanting to cross said texan judge.

From what I gather, the restriction is only applicable for 14 days and is subject to immediate review by the judge that ordered it, looks like no actual evidence needed to be presented to get it issued.

Looks like RBS are really trying to fuck H&G, I don't know who I want to lose worst, the club or the owners.

Caught something on 5 live saying that H&G have managed to get a judge in Texas to pass a restraining order saying it can't go ahead. Apparently this has RBS and the new owners shitting themselves due to their business interests in the states and not wanting to cross said texan judge.

Probably this fella :angry:

buford2.jpg

"It could go tits up with this one as well, it remains to be seen, but anything is better than Fat Fred." © Toontastic 2007

who said that :angry: