Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slovenia completely switched off. Edu's goal should surely have counted though, inexplicable decision by the ref who also let USA off very easy on some dirty fouls. All in all USA just about shaded it. Now I'm a little worried about these Yankee wankees beating Algeria and us slipping up against Slovenia.

Is it just me or has the world cup really got good as of late?

How many have you watched Kev? Cause they never start to simmer till the second week.

World Cups? This is the first one that i've followed properly and been interested in because the 2006 one i was only 12/13 so didn't really care much for it.

How many have you watched Kev? Cause they never start to simmer till the second week.

Judging by the England game last night and this dreadful dull affair between Holland and Japan I would say no.

Its been a shocking world cup so far, the worst I can remember

In my opinion its the same with football in general - whether its World Cup, Newcastle or the Premier League generally, far too many games are boring and dull. Its such a shame because a great game of football beats anything but I reckon only one in 20 games I watch would be described as a good or great game and thats far too small a percentage.

Football as a sport does not realise its potential in my opinion, just imagine if 75% of games were exciting and full of attacking football. I honestly think the time has come for FIFA to experiment with incentives to increase attacking football and that should involve some of sort of reward in the form of bonus points for scoring goals.

What do other people think?

World Cups? This is the first one that i've followed properly and been interested in because the 2006 one i was only 12/13 so didn't really care much for it.

Poor show.

Judging by the England game last night and this dreadful dull affair between Holland and Japan I would say no.

Its been a shocking world cup so far, the worst I can remember

In my opinion its the same with football in general - whether its World Cup, Newcastle or the Premier League generally, far too many games are boring and dull. Its such a shame because a great game of football beats anything but I reckon only one in 20 games I watch would be described as a good or great game and thats far too small a percentage.

Football as a sport does not realise its potential in my opinion, just imagine if 75% of games were exciting and full of attacking football. I honestly think the time has come for FIFA to experiment with incentives to increase attacking football and that should involve some of sort of reward in the form of bonus points for scoring goals.

What do other people think?

Youve got it the wrong way round mate....75% of games are dull as fuck at whatever standard of football you watch, and it has ever been thus. No need to mess with the way the game is played, its the "world game"...even the yanks are now cottoning on. If you want maufactured excitment and high scoring then its basketball for you. The game is fine as it is and a lot batter than it was at league level than it was 20-30 years ago due to most pitches being very good all through the season. Have a look at some of the mudheaps that hosted top division football in the 60s and 70s on youtube...difficult to play decent football on that.

I do think attacking football needs to be encouraged. There's too much of this overly defensive pussyfootball around these days. Any sort of point reward for goals is a a bit daft, but something more subtle like eliminating goal difference, and using a goals scored system.

Cracking goal from the Danes. 1-1

Gemmill got me thinking- how many current or ex Newcastle players at this tournament?

Jonas

Milner

Bassong

Geremi

Tomasson

Gooch Onyewu

any more?

Cracking goal from the Danes. 1-1

Gemmill got me thinking- how many current or ex Newcastle players at this tournament?

Jonas

Milner

Bassong

Geremi

Tomasson

Gooch Onyewu

any more?

Moore

Oba Martins