Club statement

Gejon

It will take 5 years to break if he plans to spend some of the increased revenue which as someone pointed out, isnt a capital outlay.

I think (but am not sure obviously) that no capital outlay on players means he wont be taking funds from outside NUFC to fund purchases, which i believe he would had to have done in January.

If he plans to use the increased revenue from TV/prem etc, then it will take some time to break even.

Its about the only way any of this makes any sense. Doesnt mean its true though.

But if he plans to spend the tv revenue on players rather than capital outlay, then he's going to have to loan the club more money to cover the losses the TV revenue was going to cover.

It's nonsensical.

I know, evey time i come up with an idea to explain it, i realise i'm contradicting myself. I suspect he did this deliberately.

The only explanation as far as i can see is that the plan covers the worst case scenario...relegation back to the Championship.

So, like West Brom, we'll be set up not to lose money even if we go down.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that £37.7 million was lost in 2009 and £32.5 million is the expected loss for 2010, from the statement the club intend to keep reducing yearly losses by about £5.4m every year to break even in 2016:

2009 = £37.7m loss

2010 = £32.5m loss

2011 = £27.1m loss

2012 = £21.7m loss

2013 = £16.3m loss

2014 = £10.9m loss

2015 = £5.5m loss

2016 = £0.1m loss

In order for the accounts to be signed off, Ashley will be forced to put that money into the club to cover those losses, every year. So by 2016 Ashley will have loaned us a further £81.6m.

He could spend that on players in the summer and have us in the champions league in 2011/2012 :icon_lol:

Edited by Happy Face

"Mutual consent".............

Wasn't KK's departure 'mutual consent' originally according to the club...? :o

"Mutual consent".............

Wasn't KK's departure 'mutual consent' originally according to the club...? :o

And it was, Ashley, Llamarse and the dwarf all agreed he should go.

The cnuts :D

If she is as good as Fllabiarse claims this should be the last thing he says.

"We are delighted to have Wendy on board. She brings a wealth of media experience with her and I am sure she will prove an excellent acquisition for the Club. With our return to the Premier League, Wendy joins us at a very exciting time and I wish her every success in what is a key role within the Football Club."

“Wendy will be someone to hide the fact that we don’t know how to deal with running a football club, especially during transfer windows as we’ve already over done ‘the club is up for sale’ charade.”

Dear Mr Llamearse,

I never thought Id say this to anyone but why cant you be more like Mr Sullivan? Admittedly you're already half way there, short, squat, funny hair (or lack of) and an ability to rub people up the wrong way by just looking at them but come on its not difficult. Just look at your customer base and get an idea of what they want, then speak to some people who actually know about football and see what it takes to make a club thats going to move forward. West Ham have done it so why cant you?

10. Listen to supporters

Arguably the most important of all is our commitment to listen to what you have to say. We know we are just the custodians of this club. You who follow us every week, whether near or far, are the true owners. Whether talking to you online or in print, or face to face at fan forums, we will be open, transparent and available.

Yeah, can you see our club taking this approach?

10. Listen to supporters

Arguably the most important of all is our commitment to listen to what you have to say. We know we are just the custodians of this club. You who follow us every week, whether near or far, are the true owners. Whether talking to you online or in print, or face to face at fan forums, we will be open, transparent and available.

Yeah, can you see our club taking this approach?

West Ham doing the opposite of what Ashley does.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode called 'The Opposite' where George realises every single decision he makes is wrong so doing the opposite must be right.