What mood are you in and why?

catmag

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Is this all after a recent house move, or am I thinking of someone else?

Extension and refurbishment. We went for an expensive award winning builder, who went bankrupt half way though the build without telling us and massively cut corners with his contractors as his usual ones fucked him off. Pointing, windows, are shit. John Lewis kitchen, 25k or something. Tbf the units and granite work top are top notch, but not the bits listed. They were great when they used local contractors a decade ago. Now everything is centralised in Manchester. They were sending cowboy plumbers up from Sheffield for 2 hour jobs they completely botched. But then wouldn't compensate you when you got it fixed through someone reasonable and local you trusted. They've lost their USP imo, the warranties are better at Curry's now than at JL. It's taken us nearly 5 years to sort the debt our builders and JL left us (and then my mortgage has doubled too, and energy, and fucking* kids of course).  

* That's an adjective, not a verb! 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Are there more Prets or Greggs within a 5 mile radius of you? That's the key metric. 

8 Greggs, no Pret within 5 miles

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

The irony is not lost on me; fucked by data.

Not like you to give up so easily. Surely you can waste more of your employer's time to come up with a lengthy counter argument with graphs and spreadsheets which no one will read. 🙂 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Not like you to give up so easily. Surely you can waste more of your employer's time to come up with a lengthy counter argument with graphs and spreadsheets which no one will read. 🙂 

I haven't given up, I've just moved onto other things in my head.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 15:07, ewerk said:

Though drinkers of Carling will notice no difference.

Maybe my small mind isn't quite fully appreciating the gravity of the situation, but a scan of that article tells me it's all above a potential "high quality hops" shortage.

I'm not massively worried. Partly because most of what I drink relies more on malt than hops, but also because Im sick of all this citra-hops craft-brew shite and praying that if this story comes to anything it might at least be the death knell for for that pish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

Maybe my small mind isn't quite fully appreciating the gravity of the situation, but a scan of that article tells me it's all above a potential "high quality hops" shortage.

I'm not massively worried. Partly because most of what I drink relies more on malt than hops, but also because Im sick of all this citra-hops craft-brew shite and praying that if this story comes to anything it might at least be the death knell for for that pish.

So to recap:

Fruit arse IPAs can get to fuck, ya cunts!

And the world cried amen to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 13/10/2023 at 23:24, sammynb said:

So to recap:

Fruit arse IPAs can get to fuck, ya cunts!

And the world cried amen to that.

Exactly. Well interpreted. If the world wants grapefruit flavoured beer let them have it, but I'm not getting involved.

On 13/10/2023 at 22:07, Blastronaut said:

More of an espresso martini chocolate milkshake imperial stout man? 

• Haha 4

Huffed. Had a couple of small bumps on my car (one off the wife driving and one of some c*nt bumping it in the car park and driving off). 

I still have 14months left on the lease so didn't bother claiming on the insurance in case I get any other marks on the car and could get them fixed in a oner later next year.

Just had an email from the lease company to say that as of 1/10/23 the excess is rising from £100 to £500 🤯

Im arguing the toss as surely they need to give prior warning of any price rises and the bumps happened "yesterday"

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Huffed. Had a couple of small bumps on my car (one off the wife driving and one of some c*nt bumping it in the car park and driving off). 

I still have 14months left on the lease so didn't bother claiming on the insurance in case I get any other marks on the car and could get them fixed in a oner later next year.

Just had an email from the lease company to say that as of 1/10/23 the excess is rising from £100 to £500 🤯

Im arguing the toss as surely they need to give prior warning of any price rises and the bumps happened "yesterday"

Are you insured through the lease company like? Why would their excess come into play?

When I was in Keswick some little fat ginger prick of a kid was riding his bike round the caravan site in a storm and ploughed into the side of my car (lease also). They paid so I should have just taken it to Ford and let them rip the piss out of this kid's dad, but I got it done on the cheap.... Not a great job.

For 18 months I would stand at the front window staring at the ripples in the paintwork, convinced they were gonna spot it when I took it back in to hand over. :lol:

When I went to hand it back, I picked a space that was between two cars so the sun wouldn't be directly on it, and watched in horror from the showroom as both drove away before they went out to check on it.

Anyway they didn't spot a fucking thing but I was low level stressed about it for 18 month. :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

Are you insured through the lease company like? Why would their excess come into play?

When I was in Keswick some little fat ginger prick of a kid was riding his bike round the caravan site in a storm and ploughed into the side of my car (lease also). They paid so I should have just taken it to Ford and let them rip the piss out of this kid's dad, but I got it done on the cheap.... Not a great job.

For 18 months I would stand at the front window staring at the ripples in the paintwork, convinced they were gonna spot it when I took it back in to hand over. :lol:

When I went to hand it back, I picked a space that was between two cars so the sun wouldn't be directly on it, and watched in horror from the showroom as both drove away before they went out to check on it.

Anyway they didn't spot a fucking thing but I was low level stressed about it for 18 month. :lol:

It's a separate insurance company, but all managed through the lease company as a 3rd party. I just pay 1 monthly fee.

Leases always seem like a good idea until you've got to send it back and get every fucking bump and scratch fixed. Tesla wheels are made of cheese too so I'll have to get them sorted next year. They literally stick out further than the tyre wall

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's a separate insurance company, but all managed through the lease company as a 3rd party. I just pay 1 monthly fee.

Leases always seem like a good idea until you've got to send it back and get every fucking bump and scratch fixed. Tesla wheels are made of cheese too so I'll have to get them sorted next year. They literally stick out further than the tyre wall

Cars are just so fucking expensive however you finance it. We're buying ours, but will soon have an 8k bill for the final payment and I'll probably have to take a loan out for this. Little things fuck me off. Like now its out of the warranty period, the Google powered sat nav has stopped working. I have to pay Audi £40 a year just to connect the car with my phone to use the search facility properly on the map. It's only £40 but still, robbing cunts. 

Just now, Renton said:

Cars are just so fucking expensive however you finance it. We're buying ours, but will soon have an 8k bill for the final payment and I'll probably have to take a loan out for this. Little things fuck me off. Like now its out of the warranty period, the Google powered sat nav has stopped working. I have to pay Audi £40 a year just to connect the car with my phone to use the search facility properly on the map. It's only £40 but still, robbing cunts. 

That is actually bollocks. I've only got a Ford Focus but it works with Android Auto - initially wired, but now wirelessly too, and no cost.

Basically your phone but looking fancy on the car screen.