What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Stevie, you're being an idiot. Have a word with yourself man!

Right my point is St Patrick's Day is shoved down peoples throats in this country, it is, and that's my point. St George's Day barely gets a mention, that's another point, because of the reasons I have mentioned. Now tell me which of those points is an example of me being an idiot.

Show me where I've been bigoted in any way?

You've got a deep rooted insecurity somewhere in your make up, you constant need to prove the superiority of our club versus others, your blinkered view of other countries. You're trying to prove something to someone but you're not quite sure what.

he can't be ewerk, sure his grannies irish :D

I've got more Irish blood than English, I shouldn't have said you're all wanks, there's some brilliant Irish people in my family, but fuck me there's an arrogance too. Your other paragraph, we are made to feel guilty for being English. Anything with a SG flag seems to be related to nationalism, and it fucks people off, the odd sarcastic comment from Gemmill on here, doesn't mean it's not popular opinion neither.

What's all this got to do with me? :o

Right my point is St Patrick's Day is shoved down peoples throats in this country, it is, and that's my point. St George's Day barely gets a mention, that's another point, because of the reasons I have mentioned. Now tell me which of those points is an example of me being an idiot.

Has anyone disagreed with those points? A lot of the St. Patrick's shite is 'shoved down' your throats because the drinks industry wants another excuse to get people in pubs. Also, SGD should be a national holiday, there's certainly more justification for it than a day off for a royal wedding or the Diamond Jubilee.

Because this is how you tried to get that point across:

I dismiss St Patrick's Day as a day a small nearby country use as a day of celebration, who's terrorists have bombed our civilians in the last 25 years on our mainland. I drink Guinness, but today is one day I won't. "Popular country", I think you're a bunch of wanks personally and I say that with more Irish blood than English. Most arrogant wanks I've ever known with so little to boast about, and the fact you believe you're a popular country reinforces that. My view is that Ireland is a primitive rock, full of people who have played at being victims for centuries. Perhaps in the past they had a case, but today?

Has anyone disagreed with those points? A lot of the St. Patrick's shite is 'shoved down' your throats because the drinks industry wants another excuse to get people in pubs. Also, SGD should be a national holiday, there's certainly more justification for it than a day off for a royal wedding or the Diamond Jubilee.

Well I agree with all of that, but there is more to it than "the drinks industry" although that is a factor.

The bit where you call Ant a "fucking bell whiff" on Twitter for his annoyance at being tarred with your "All Irish are arrogant" brush, whilst you and your superiority complex rarr on about how brilliant the English are? Ironic in the extreme.

Because this is how you tried to get that point across:

I dismiss St Patrick's Day as a day a small nearby country use as a day of celebration, who's terrorists have bombed our civilians in the last 25 years on our mainland. I drink Guinness, but today is one day I won't. "Popular country", I think you're a bunch of wanks personally and I say that with more Irish blood than English. Most arrogant wanks I've ever known with so little to boast about, and the fact you believe you're a popular country reinforces that. My view is that Ireland is a primitive rock, full of people who have played at being victims for centuries. Perhaps in the past they had a case, but today?

In response to Ant's assertion that most of the world think we're a bunch of wanks, followed up by the charming Irish being the blue eyed boys of the world. Granted I should've been a touch more subtle.

Walked past a house in Heaton today with all the windows wide open and Irish folk music blasting out.......fuck off.

Aye dangerous time to look like a leprechaun.

:lol:

The bit where you call Ant a "fucking bell whiff" on Twitter for his annoyance at being tarred with your "All Irish are arrogant" brush, whilst you and your superiority complex rarr on about how brilliant the English are? Ironic in the extreme.

If you read post 4061, he misinterprets just about everything I have said, while sticking the knife saying basically saying a non arrogant post, epitomises why a nation of 51m are viewed as being arrogant and abhorrent (not by him though of course).

aye misinterpreted it let's put it down to that

Anyways off to make some chips and train some horses dont ya know (i'm not i'm just going to knock the net off on the phone..we have it here in this backward land that's contributed nothing)

God i wish I was in England in one of it's famous "O'Neil's" bars that ironically we don't have over here, Ya see I need to get a proper feel for st paddys day as it's my turn next year as part of our secret national service to go to another country and shove it down their throats, make them celebrate it! it's not like they all come over here drinking our booze making me wait at the bar longer, they don't thats why we have to force the world to join in....

"GO ON YA BASTARDS WEAR SOME GREEN AND DRINK THIS!" that's going to be my approach

Enjoy your Irish fry-up of mash, chips, roasties and boiled spudatoes!

Oh, and just to apologise in advance - my brother is apparently in Robinsons, drinking Guinness and wearing a very stupid hat. I am very, very sorry... :lol:

England seems to embrace other peoples cultures more than most when you think about it. The Notting Hill festival, there's a big asian festival in Leicester, fireworks in Stowell Street up here for Chinese new year, 4th July celebrations and of course all the pretendy Irish English folk who go out on St Patricks day.

I went out a couple of years ago during the week for 'Paddys' day as a mate managed to get hold of twenty five vouchers of free Guinness, had a good free sup, was an ok night but some of the phonies got a bit much at times, was one bloke from Glasgae, pissed as a fart, wearing a Celtic top on who was the epitome of what I think of the average old firm fan, was a complete knob who was full of every old firm myth going which I enjoyed talking to him about.

Guinness plays a very big part in Paddys day and you've got to hand it to their promotional department, they're a huge success at it.

Last Wednesday was International Steak & Blowjob day. Missed it, dammit! Anyway, it's March 17th, Happy Liberalia* everyone. (* any Roman blood Stevie?)

I was informed of this by my Wife on wednesday.

I had a curry, and the only job I got from her was a request to clean the bathroom. :huh:

Steak = Rare

Blow job = Rarer

I'm going out tonight, but luckily there's not a great chance there'll be retards sporting the God-awful tat hawked by Guiness where I go.

I tell you what, it's times like this I'm delighted to be such a snob :cuppa:

Any excuse for a piss up tbf.

Didnt the Jews give us Christmas and Easter?

The Americans turned santa red and white etc etc

Yada yada yada