What mood are you in and why?

catmag

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Well, the newest member of the Fishy family was born today. 12:14, weighing a healthy 8lbs 11oz (3.94kg).

Baby Girl Fish seems pretty chill so far, but has a powerful set of lungs when riled. Hopefully get back home tomorrow. No way am I sleeping tonight, on a semi-comfortable chair in a ward of 4 newborns. Mrs Fish is spark out, so the little'un. 

Delighted for you and your family. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nice one Dave, great news.

What the fuck are you doing awake at gone 2am on a school night?

11 hours ago, The Fish said:

Well, the newest member of the Fishy family was born today. 12:14, weighing a healthy 8lbs 11oz (3.94kg).

Baby Girl Fish seems pretty chill so far, but has a powerful set of lungs when riled. Hopefully get back home tomorrow. No way am I sleeping tonight, on a semi-comfortable chair in a ward of 4 newborns. Mrs Fish is spark out, so the little'un. 

NHS staff have been amazing. 

Nice one Fish and Mrs ! 

Send me your first draft of your Father of the Bride’s speech and I’ll help you get it down to less than 10 pages mate. 

Also, if you haven’t picked a name yet, this might help. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, The Fish said:

NHS staff have been amazing. 

Nice one mate! Enjoy this magic time with your new bundle of joy 

• Like 1

My mother in law has a form of blood cancer and is in hospital recovering from a stem cell transplant. it's fucking brutal man. solidarity to anyone who has had cancer in the family, which I expect is most of you given how prevalent it is today. the disease and the treatment options are absolutely savage. it's horrible seeing her suffer while not knowing if she's going to recover or not. 

• Sad 6

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

What the fuck are you doing awake at gone 2am on a school night?

forgot to set his alarm for his 4am start. never known a man to get less sleep 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

My mother in law has a form of blood cancer and is in hospital recovering from a stem cell transplant. it's fucking brutal man. solidarity to anyone who has had cancer in the family, which I expect is most of you given how prevalent it is today. the disease and the treatment options are absolutely savage. it's horrible seeing her suffer while not knowing if she's going to recover or not. 

Terrible news, Gloomy. Wishing all the best to you and the family. ❤️

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

For me it was my sister, 42 years old she was. I feel you Gloomy bud.

• Sad 7

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sorry to hear that Gloom, do your best for your wife who will take it hardest. 

Know so many people who have developed various forms of this horrible disease cancer as we all get older. Waiting to see whther my FiL's colon cancer is treatable right now, but even if it is, the treatment is horrendous. 

cheers lads. it's a brutal illness and i'm sure future generations will look back at the way we treat it today as barbaric, but it's all we've got for now.

there's a 50-50 chance we're all going to get it at some stage because of all the chemicals we're exposed to throughout our lives. not something to loo forward to and horrible to see it affect those you love

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

there's a 50-50 chance we're all going to get it at some stage because of all the chemicals we're exposed to throughout our lives

That's not really true tbh. The main reason cancer incidence has gone up (and 50:50 is correct) is because we're living to be older and not dying of other things first. I just make the point because otherwise it contributes to the belief people have contributed to their illness through lifestyle choice, or worse, some conspiracy nonsense, neither of which is helpful. 👍

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Renton said:

That's not really true tbh. The main reason cancer incidence has gone up (and 50:50 is correct) is because we're living to be older and not dying of other things first. I just make the point because otherwise it contributes to the belief people have contributed to their illness through lifestyle choice, or worse, some conspiracy nonsense, neither of which is helpful. 👍

Longer life, of course, is part of the picture but so is the toxic air we breathe, the micro plastics we ingest every day, the myriad chemicals in our diet and the environment around us. None of which depend on lifestyle choices, other than organic food. 

Congratulations to the Fish family!

And sorry to hear of your troubles Gloomy and Strawb, really hope there is some good news around the corner for both of you.

• Like 1