What mood are you in and why?

catmag

An absolute mess of a hangover. There was a street party here with several neighbours last night and everyone got hammered.

Haven't felt like this in about 10 years. :(

Even wearing shades indoors.

At least 4 of my fellow neighbours are going along with the land grab :)

Home from hols so naturally a bit down, though Eurovision bets have paid for the next holiday and then some :gay::gettin:

......might start looking to book something for the winter already <_<

Home from hols so naturally a bit down, though Eurovision bets have paid for the next holiday and then some :gay::gettin:

......might start looking to book something for the winter already <_<

I was just thinking I fancied looking into a holiday for October so I've got something to look forward to.

Only to then remember my passport expires in September. :glare:

• 2 weeks later...

little depressed, I have come to the realization that I am half the footballer I used to be, age , weight and age have made me a shadow of my former self on the pitch.

where I live there is no high standard of football, the only organised team opportunities are co-ed rec-football (no slide tackling) etc, we usually play a few tournaments in our region (the West Kootenays) through the summer with an amalgamation of the best players from different teams. We usually do fairly well, either winning or being in the final. My eyes have been opened as to where our "level" is, we played a tournament this past weekend with teams from further abroad in the province and had our asses thoroughly kicked. Not as badly as some of the teams that also played, but we failed to win or draw any games, and in fact failed to score a single goal (which bothers me the most).

Off work til next Saturday .....

giphy.gif

Got a shiny new iPhone 5s today .....

tumblr_lnvf8iPZPE1qlr140o1_500.gif

Booked a camping pod that's within a mile of three excellent pubs/restaurants, with the kids, from Sunday to Tuesday .....

giphy.gif

Just seen the weather forecast.....

stewie-cries-and-pukes-o.gif

Pissed off as I've been given a job interview but it's when I'm away on holiday (out of the country) so contacted the company and they've said that they don't think the panel are prepared to re-arrange the date.

Pissed off as I've been given a job interview but it's when I'm away on holiday (out of the country) so contacted the company and they've said that they don't think the panel are prepared to re-arrange the date.

Pisser - proper full on holiday you can't cancel/re-arrange easily?

I've been Deja-vued (almost)

I had a job interview about 3.5 years ago where in the lift on the way from reception to the meeting room the bloke asked me where I was from as he was from Durham and then followed up with red & white or black & white? There are some lies in this world which are acceptable obviously but that one's on my list of not in this lifetime so I answered honestly. The interview went okay but I had a nagging suspicion it was over in the lift.

I've just finished a phone interview which went well and then had the same exchange at the end - thankfully he said it didn't make a difference to him and he wants a face to face this week.

Exhausted. Up till 2am drinking with mates after the boxing. Woken up by a strange Russian voice this morning at 5.30am. My son had sneaked into our room, stolen the iPad and seems to have turned it into a Russian-speaking vegetable. My turn to get up with him too. Sob

Spent the weekend putting the finishing touches to our nursery, and went for a tour of Newcastle Birthing Centre at the RVI. Little over a month to go, and the excitement (for me) is only now really starting to build. Feels good, man.

Spent the weekend putting the finishing touches to our nursery, and went for a tour of Newcastle Birthing Centre at the RVI. Little over a month to go, and the excitement (for me) is only now really starting to build. Feels good, man.

Brilliant. Good luck mate. I loved it at the birthing centre. You watch one born every minute and look upstairs at the RVI and it's all very sterile, but downstairs it was almost like a home birth. Comfy sofa and TV and music. I was surprised by how little the midwife actually got involved, just left me and the Mrs to it, only popping in every now and then to check on us. Even when it came to pushing she just sat quietly in the corner and watched from a distance until the last minute or two.

Cheers mate. Yeah, it does seem a brilliant place, like. Doesn't even smell like a hospital, which was what really hit me. She has her heart set on a water birth, and the pools looked brilliant. We're trying to prepare ourselves for every eventuality, but I would be very disappointed if do end up having to go upstairs. The difference is night and day. The lack of restrictions on visitors, and visiting times is massive too, as her family will be travelling up when the time comes.

Here's a little tip for you this next month set your alarm to go off every hour during the night. Make sure the alarm is over the other side of the room so you have to physically get up to turn it off. Then wait about 15 minutes (approximate feeding time) get back in to bed when next alarm goes off wait about 5 minutes before getting in to bed (approximate nappy changing time) just keep repeating this process you'll be a dab hand in a months time. Seriously I hope everything goes well your right to be excited it's a great feeling but it is hard the first few months until you have a routine good luck.

Cheers mate. Yeah, it does seem a brilliant place, like. Doesn't even smell like a hospital, which was what really hit me. She has her heart set on a water birth, and the pools looked brilliant. We're trying to prepare ourselves for every eventuality, but I would be very disappointed if do end up having to go upstairs. The difference is night and day. The lack of restrictions on visitors, and visiting times is massive too, as her family will be travelling up when the time comes.

We had complications after the birth and she had to go into theatre so we never got any of the benefits of being downstairs afterwards. 4 days on the ward was crap, especially at the height of summer, but in a way it was pleasing that no visitors were allowed most of the day, so we didn't have family interfering all the time. I enjoyed having that bonding time to ourselves all day with just an hour or two when the grandparents and that could pop in without outstaying their welcome..

We were told that the water baths didn't have any thermometers the day we arrived so we couldn't use them. We weren't fussed in the end, she had wanted the option in case she decided she'd like to, but at no point did she feel strongly that she would have preferred to be in the water. If we'd known we might have bought our own themometer. I'd check that's an option with the hospital if she has her heart set on it.

Here's a little tip for you this next month set your alarm to go off every hour during the night. Make sure the alarm is over the other side of the room so you have to physically get up to turn it off. Then wait about 15 minutes (approximate feeding time) get back in to bed when next alarm goes off wait about 5 minutes before getting in to bed (approximate nappy changing time) just keep repeating this process you'll be a dab hand in a months time. Seriously I hope everything goes well your right to be excited it's a great feeling but it is hard the first few months until you have a routine good luck.

I was punching the air with delight when the breastfeeding clicked. The amount of saved hours sleep at night is invaluable for all new dads. There's really not much you can do to help when the baby wakes for a feed in the night and you don't have a set of udders it's interested in.

Fuck pissing about half asleep sterilising bottles in the middle of the night. You're obliged to help too of it's something you can both do.

So my advice is to push it with your mrs, even if she doesn't click with it straight away, or doesn't fancy it. It's a massive result for the dad.