What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Great mood. I was suffering with a nasty cold when I came back from holiday last week which caused one of my ears not to pop from the flight due to the tubes being full of gunk. That meant a week of discomfort and fuzzy hearing which was a right pain.

I went to the docs on Friday and he prescribed this device which is basically a balloon you shove up your nose and either blow up or use to pass air up there. It didn't seem to be working but as the problem seemed to be worse yesterday I gave it a really good go before bed last night and the fucker finally popped.

I think there's a little bit left in there as its not quite right but I finally feel human again.

I went to the docs on Friday and he prescribed this device which is basically a balloon you shove up your nose and either blow up or use to pass air up there.

I had to use one of these recently. I took great delight in using it sitting in traffic, at cafes etc. as it looks like you are up to something seriously devious. :lol:

Reflective- today was my uncle Ray's funeral, he died aged 79 following a massive stroke.

He was a good man, thoroughly decent, hard working (he only retired 4years ago)yet very laid back.

His ethos was very much " you're a long time dead, enjoy life to the full" which he managed to without do being in the least bit selfish or mean.

He was also a massive NUFC fan, having followed them since the 1950s, rarely missing a home game and travelling to away games as much as possible.

He had many friends at the club, a former player as a son-in-law, and it was touching to see a good few there today saying their goodbyes, although none of the current crop- he always did have impeccable taste :lol:

What struck me today was the sheer number of people that turned up to say goodbye.

The chapel was packed, all the pews crammed and people standing in the aisle.

When we went out afterwards, there was as many stood outside- it took over 45 minutes for everyone to give their personal condolences to his family.

Anyway, I realise I'm rambling.

I just wanted to mark the passing of a top bloke who loved NUFC through thick and thin somewhere that his fellow fans would see it.

Cheers Ray, a life well lived. :nufc:

It always strikes me at funerals that people never get to see or hear the number of people/lovely things that attend/are said about them. Shame we don't do more of it for the people we care about whilst they're here to hear it.

RIP Ray :)

Been off work all week so far with bronchitis. Coughing my head off and blowing my nose every two seconds. It's my second week in a new job and I feel like a complete dick ringing in every morning to say I'm still sick. I've got a doc cert but I'm a bit paranoid they will think I'm bullshitting them.

I'm watching from the 4th floor at work. Shitting myself as I'm phobic when it comes to thunder but the lightning is mental. That rain was mad too..