What mood are you in and why?

catmag

• 1 month later...

Telly is getting put up on the wall today so I was dismantling all the cables and that, this morning.

Picked the surround sound receiver up to pull it out the cabinet and got an instant spasm in the centre of my back. :lol:

A proper can't catch your breath job. It's still fucked now. Absolutely pathetic, I hope this bloke doesn't need any help. 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Middle age sounds like a right laugh.

Judging from my Dad, it's a doddle compared to old age. Enjoy youth while you can. 

I'm not in the mood to do anything productive today. WFH lets you get away with murder. 

A man was stood in front of me in Boots earlier describing his cold/flu type symptoms to the woman behind the counter and basically demanding a PCR test on the spot. When it was explained to him that you needed to apply for it on the government website he asked how much it would cost :huh:

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking miserable man. That's the second time in a month. First time was picking the 10kg dog up. 

condolences. i suffer with chronic lower back pain from a herniated disc - flares up usually at least once a year. i feel your pain as it's the absolute worst. get your meds sorted asap is my advice

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Cheers mate. Haven't even taken any painkillers actually. Although anadin extra is as good as it gets around here. I need to get myself some Dopesick supplies - can we unban Quiff please? 

If it happens reasonably often, Invest in a tens machine, my back muscles go occasionally and it’s been a godsend.

recommended by my yank brother in law to much poo pooing from me, (typical yanks, have damn near a full suitcase just for their meds when they travel) but tried his when I had a spasm when they were over, great piece of kit.

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

If it happens reasonably often, Invest in a tens machine, my back muscles go occasionally and it’s been a godsend.

recommended by my yank brother in law to much poo pooing from me, (typical yanks, have damn near a full suitcase just for their meds when they travel) but tried his when I had a spasm when they were over, great piece of kit.

I've got one as it happens. Do you put it on after you've had a spasm then? 

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Cheers mate. Haven't even taken any painkillers actually. Although anadin extra is as good as it gets around here. I need to get myself some Dopesick supplies - can we unban Quiff please? 

doesn't touch the sides if you're in spasm. you have to see your doctor to get a prescription for the good stuff. anything with codeine combined with a NSAID such as naproxen will sort you out. once you get your pain management sorted the rest follows as the key to quick recovery is to keep mobile, which is easier said then done when you can't straighten your back. that's why the meds are always the first step

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Telly is getting put up on the wall today so I was dismantling all the cables and that, this morning.

Picked the surround sound receiver up to pull it out the cabinet and got an instant spasm in the centre of my back. :lol:

A proper can't catch your breath job. It's still fucked now. Absolutely pathetic, I hope this bloke doesn't need any help. 

The bigger news here is that you've paid another bloke to hang a telly on your wall! :lol: 

Buy a drill you big girl!

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've got one as it happens. Do you put it on after you've had a spasm then? 

Aye, basically soon as I can, then repeat up to 3 times a day until all discomfort gone, sometimes the first shot just loosens everything up again.

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

doesn't touch the sides if you're in spasm. you have to see your doctor to get a prescription for the good stuff. anything with codeine combined with a NSAID such as naproxen will sort you out. once you get your pain management sorted the rest follows as the key to quick recovery is to keep mobile, which is easier said then done when you can't straighten your back. that's why the meds are always the first step

The telly bloke is here and I'm stood like a fucking question mark trying to pretend everything's normal. :lol:

• Haha 6

By the way dickheads, I've got a fucking drill and an impact driver! I'm the best! I put the security cam up in the garden yesterday with it. 

But this dude is gonna run speaker cables through the wall for the surround sound and all that shit, which I categorically would not be able to do. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

By the way dickheads, I've got a fucking drill and an impact driver! I'm the best! I put the security cam up in the garden yesterday with it. 

But this dude is gonna run speaker cables through the wall for the surround sound and all that shit, which I categorically would not be able to do. 

You want be careful typing long-ish posts like this, you might pull a tendon. 

• Haha 4