What mood are you in and why?

catmag

2 hours ago, strawb said:

My dad died early this morning, waiting for a nurse visit to confirm etc.

I have been here for the last week helping my mam care for him and I’m glad I was as it happened relatively quickly, he was a good man.

Mate, sorry for your loss.

Thanks lads, you’re all good eggs.

Going to be a lot to sort out in the coming weeks, my older brother had a brain bleed at 30 and has been left in a semi vegetative state for the last 10 years. My dad was his main carer until recently at home so we need to deal with that and get some more help for my mam because I live 2.5 hours away.

In a weird way I’m glad it’s over, he was struggling and now he isn’t.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, strawb said:

Going to be a lot to sort out in the coming weeks, my older brother had a brain bleed at 30 and has been left in a semi vegetative state for the last 10 years. My dad was his main carer until recently at home so we need to deal with that and get some more help for my mam because I live 2.5 hours away.

Fucking hell Strawb, that's awful and additional pressure on you and your Mam in a time you don't need it. Hope things get sorted. 

5 hours ago, strawb said:

I have been here for the last week helping my mam care for him and I’m glad I was as it happened relatively quickly, he was a good man.

I'm sorry for your loss, Strawb. 

6 hours ago, strawb said:

Take care mate. Be aware that even if you think you're doing okay, you might not be. Grief can hit you suddenly at any time I'm finding out. Take whatever help you can and listen to the wise bods on this board.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking hell, the strawb lads have been through some shit. Sorry to hear about your brother too. 

The smog in Middlesbrough either makes us tough or prone to horrible illness. You decide 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a meeting today with a Parole Victim Liason officer, regarding the upcoming parole hearing of my brothers murderer. 

It was, as expected , emotional, frustrating and also, informative. 

The main takeaways are that he’s extremely unlikely to be released this year, which also means that he’s unlikely to be released within the next 2-3 years. 

What was also interesting was that we discussed an exclusion area for when he is eventually released, based on places my Mam regularly goes to, so that she never has to worry about bumping into him. 
It happens that the area he’s not allowed in also includes where his family live, and it was nice to hear the Liason Officer essentially say 

“ Tough luck for him”. 
It means that he’ll be monitored more than the norm, and if he’s found to have entered the area… straight back to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200. 

Oh dear, what a shame. 

I’m not going to pretend today wasn’t tough mind, it dredged up memories that I’d long since buried, I’m not ashamed to say that a tear or two might have leaked out. 
Two that came back to me, which fucking killed me, were my Mam having to be taken to Asda at 4:00am by the police, only 4 hours after it happened, to buy clothes, since hers needed to be taken as evidence, and also  the police liason lads coming to see me at the cardiac ward ( my Mam ended up there for over a week in the immediate aftermath), a few days afterwards, to give me the results of the autopsy.… which laid out precisely how brutal his killing was, multiple weapons, multiple (20+) wounds. 
I’d asked them to tell me the results so that I could “censor” them for my Mam, and tbh I’ve still not told her the true extent of it. 
Fucking killed me thinking about that again. 

Anyway, all that misery aside, the upside is that he’s not getting his freedom just yet, so, happy days.  

I’m glad that’s over and done with 

giphy.webp

• Like 9

On 15/03/2022 at 14:04, strawb said:

Sorry for your loss Strawb

26 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Had a meeting today with a Parole Victim Liason officer, regarding the upcoming parole hearing of my brothers murderer. 

The main takeaways are that he’s extremely unlikely to be released this year, which also means that he’s unlikely to be released within the next 2-3 years. 

What was also interesting was that we discussed an exclusion area for when he is eventually released, based on places my Mam regularly goes to, so that she never has to worry about bumping into him. 
It happens that the area he’s not allowed in also includes where his family live, and it was nice to hear the Liason Officer essentially say 

“ Tough luck for him”. 
It means that he’ll be monitored more than the norm, and if he’s found to have entered the area… straight back to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200. 

Oh dear, what a shame. 

I’m not going to pretend today wasn’t tough mind, it dredged up memories that I’d long since buried, I’m not ashamed to say that a tear or two might have leaked out. 
Two that came back to me, which fucking killed me, were my Mam having to be taken to Asda at 4:00am by the police, only 4 hours after it happened, to buy clothes, since hers needed to be taken as evidence, and also  the police liason lads coming to see me at the cardiac ward ( my Mam ended up there for over a week in the immediate aftermath), a few days afterwards, to give me the results of the autopsy.… which laid out precisely how brutal his killing was, multiple weapons, multiple (20+) wounds. 
I’d asked them to tell me the results so that I could “censor” them for my Mam, and tbh I’ve still not told her the true extent of it. 

Anyway, all that misery aside, the upside is that he’s not getting his freedom just yet, so, happy days.  

giphy.webp

Heavy shit mate. Glad to hear the cunt isn’t getting out anytime soon 

• Like 1

It’s hard to know where to start with that, MF.

It will never go away. I imagine it gets to a point where it doesn’t make a difference if it’s 10/12/14 years but as you say the last thing you want is seeing the cunt walk round free as a bird. You’re pursuing entirely the right line and I hope you have success in getting the right result for both you and the rest of your family.

• Like 5

Fucking hell MF, if you have told this story, I must have missed it.

I am only dealing with relatives of murder victims during criminal proceedings until the sentencing but do know from first hand experience how traumatic not only the crime can be but also having to deal with the facts.

I think you were doing well in censoring some of those facts and do always recommend doing so. There are always things better not to know about or having seen.

Have good beer and enjoy someone not getting out of jail too soon.

• Like 5

I think it's almost impossible for any of us to imagine how hard this is for you and your family MF. Thankfully it's something very few of us have to face. And time is strange, 20 years ago for me feels like last week and if you're anything like me you'll easily get dragged back into the moment. Wishing you, your mam, and family, all the best. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“ Tough luck for him”. 

Oh dear, what a shame. 

giphy.webp

No words from us will erase things but I sincerely hope you know, and can garner, support from us all on here, mate. :good:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Cheers lads. 

I took the advice and hit the peeve, then regretted it the day after, and the day after that 

Fucking shite advice on here mind. :lol:

Okay, good

Margot Robbie Now Fuck Off GIF - Margot Robbie Now Fuck Off Fuck Off -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

In the Town Mouse, waiting for my brother to arrive for a mild, middle-aged afternoon sesh on the ales. 

Very civilised, so far.
Target is to make it to The Cumberland/ Free Trade whichever by teatime without falling over :lol:

• Like 1