What mood are you in and why?

catmag

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty shite day tbh. My old man has been having on going treatment for bowel cancer for 4 years.

All seemed to be going well but he recently hasn’t been doing too well and today he decided to stop all further treatment.

Seems a weird thing to say but proud of him making what is the right (if painful) decision, it should be pretty quick now and his pain can be managed.

If something doesn’t feel right get it checked out, I know some of you enjoy having your arseholes played with but even those that don’t.

• Sad 10

Really sorry to hear that. My Dad had bowel cancer about 10 years ago, It's a massively brave decision to come to, I hope they can control and manage his pain so you're able to make the most of the time you have.

I'm not going to lie to you you're in for a hard time. You know this of course. Make the most of the time you have together and making sure he has a good a death as possible.

Going through my Dad's stuff at the minute is hard but has to be done. He never had a chance to prepare for his death, even though it took ages, as confusion set in too soon. As hard as it is, it is better to get your affairs in order before rather than after though I think. Good luck mate. 

Cheers all.

He has everything sorted and has for a while, he likes to be prepared. So mainly making sure he isn’t in any pain, but with the amount of oromorph he is on, he is probably having a great time.

So sorry to hear about your old man Strawb 
I can sympathise with you- my old man decided against treatment as his was too far gone, it’s awful thinking about him having to make that choice, but as you say- I was very proud of him when he did. 

• 1 month later...
On 14/02/2022 at 16:24, strawb said:

Pretty shite day tbh. My old man has been having on going treatment for bowel cancer for 4 years.

All seemed to be going well but he recently hasn’t been doing too well and today he decided to stop all further treatment.

Seems a weird thing to say but proud of him making what is the right (if painful) decision, it should be pretty quick now and his pain can be managed.

If something doesn’t feel right get it checked out, I know some of you enjoy having your arseholes played with but even those that don’t.

My dad died early this morning, waiting for a nurse visit to confirm etc.

I have been here for the last week helping my mam care for him and I’m glad I was as it happened relatively quickly, he was a good man.

• Sad 9

3 minutes ago, strawb said:

I have been here for the last week helping my mam care for him and I’m glad I was as it happened relatively quickly, he was a good man.

Very sorry to hear that, mate. All the best at this very difficult time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

Sorry to hear. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, strawb said:

Truly sorry to hear that Strawb. All the best to you and your family at this difficult time.

• Like 1

Feeling a bit shit. One of the lads I went to school with took his own life yesterday. I don't know the details of how, nor do I want to but reading his final facebook post is harrowing and demonstrates the torment he was evidently going through. 

He's the third person I know to have done it. Doesn't get any easier. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Condolences mate, really sorry to hear this.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Craig said:

Feeling a bit shit. One of the lads I went to school with took his own life yesterday. I don't know the details of how, nor do I want to but reading his final facebook post is harrowing and demonstrates the torment he was evidently going through. 

He's the third person I know to have done it. Doesn't get any easier. 

Sorry to hear this too. I have known a couple of lads from my school do the same - one of them I knew in both primary and high school in fact, not that we were close. It is unsettling indeed.

2 hours ago, strawb said:

So sorry. Take care of yourselves 

2 hours ago, strawb said:

Very sorry for your loss.