Joe Cole

Guest The Three Lions

Guest The Three Lions

Has already signed for Arsenal according to an ITK in my work. He's normally pretty good.

Honest to god we could've got this type of player 6 years ago you know. Souness the anti christ.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the right kind of player for Arsenal, but I reckon he'd be a better signing for Man U. More likely to make a genuine difference at Old Trafford. While Arsenal will be looking to replace Fabregas, Joe Cole isn't that kind of player. They've a lot of small, crafty midfield players, do they really need another?

He's the right kind of player for Arsenal, but I reckon he'd be a better signing for Man U. More likely to make a genuine difference at Old Trafford. While Arsenal will be looking to replace Fabregas, Joe Cole isn't that kind of player. They've a lot of small, crafty midfield players, do they really need another?

Diagree, more likely to replace permacrock Rosicky.

My whole family support Arsenal. I'm the only black sheep in supporting the Toon (they never will get it!) but I do follow Arsenal as a result. This story was doing the rounds on Sunday that Joe Cole was signing for them. I heard today on TalkSport it was a done deal. I think its a good signing for them as he is very versatile. The Fabregas thing is just ridiculous and he needs to go but Joe Cole is not a replacement for him. I see Arsenal changing to a 4-4-2 to combine Van Persie and Chamack and Joe Cole would fit nicely into that.

if Fabregas goes they'll go hell for leather to sign Gourcuff, Cole wouldn't be seen as any sort of replacement but would obviously be a great free transfer for anyone regardless of the big wages.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Guest The Three Lions
Going to Arsenal apparently.

<_< Three out of Four on pieces of ITK and the only one people will remember is the Baines one :angry:

Edited by The Three Lions

Joe Cole and Michael Ballack to leave Chelsea

Chelsea are set to announce that Joe Cole and Michael Ballack are to leave the club on free transfers this summer.

Cole, 28, will depart at the start of July after the Premier League champions reportedly said they would not offer the England midfielder a fresh deal.

He joined Chelsea from West Ham in 2003 and is in South Africa preparing for the start of the World Cup.

Germany midfielder Ballack, 33, who has been with Chelsea since 2006, will also not have his deal renewed.

Ballack was set to captain Germany at the World Cup but was ruled out of the tournament with an ankle injury suffered in May's FA Cup final victory over Portsmouth.

His contract also expires at the end of June and last month he was confident a new deal with Chelsea could be struck, telling Germany's Bild newspaper: "Chelsea are absolutely my first option."

Ballack was signed by former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on a free transfer from Bayern Munich in 2006.

He made a total of 105 league appearances for the club - helping Chelsea claim their first title since 2006 this year - while also winning three FA Cups.

More to follow.

seemed like this was getting lost in the leazes

Chelsea are set to announce that Joe Cole and Michael Ballack are to leave the club on free transfers this summer.

Cole, 28, will depart at the start of July after the Premier League champions reportedly said they would not offer the England midfielder a fresh deal.

He joined Chelsea from West Ham in 2003 and is in South Africa preparing for the start of the World Cup.

Germany midfielder Ballack, 33, who has been with Chelsea since 2006, will also not have his deal renewed.

Ballack was set to captain Germany at the World Cup but was ruled out of the tournament with an ankle injury suffered in May's FA Cup final victory over Portsmouth.

His contract also expires at the end of June and last month he was confident a new deal with Chelsea could be struck, telling Germany's Bild newspaper: "Chelsea are absolutely my first option."

Ballack was signed by former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on a free transfer from Bayern Munich in 2006.

He made a total of 105 league appearances for the club - helping Chelsea claim their first title since 2006 this year - while also winning three FA Cups.

More to follow.

I can understand letting Ballack go at 33 but the decision on Cole is a bit strange to me, hes supposedly been out a lot this season but hes still played in 39 games for chelsea and is looking like being a starter during the WC

More to follow.

'arry reckons he's got a deal already done with somebody. It's got to be either Man Utd or Arsenal.

Bemused by their decision to let him go to be honest. If I thought we stood a modicum of a chance I'd be screaming us to be in for him...

Guest The Three Lions

Remains to be seen if he takes Zoe Lucker up the Arsenal, but it's certainly where he'll be playing his football next season as I mentioned in the OP.

After Lee Cattermole, Ballack is my least favourite player. Hopefully they will send the angry kraut back to germany.

Benjani is released though, wouldnt mind him for free. cash in 500k on Best to pay his wages.

Benjani can't finish to save his life hes had one "good" season in the PL where he scored 12, otherwise hes been shite and hes 31 now

why the Ballack hate?