The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

Craig

They'll be using something like that Klout thing that looks at your influence based on social media interactions, followers, replies, retweets etc.

Unfortunately, they don't realise that most people only engage with the cretin to take the piss out of him.

Aye, it'll be based purely on social media. Then the bit about scoring highly for his insight is just to sound good and that's purely subjective anyway.

He'll be on about £20k, if that. That's how.

:lol: I'd hope it's not even that, his stuff is horrific and he's never really the one breaking the news in fact he often remarks about the other Newspaper or Website he first read about it.

The secret diary of Lee Ryder aged 44 and a half

13/02/2016

"Hey! Hey, Son! Hey! Cloth lugs!"

"Wha, what? Are yee talking to me, Mr Oliver?"

"Is there any other daft looking young'un in here with cloth lugs?"

"Err, Ah divven knaa, Mr Oliver."

"Ha'way, Marra, it's dinner time, let's go for some proper scran, Lee, son."

"Err, cush, Mr Oliver! That sounds great!"

Alreet, Diary? Ah was just trying to work out a 'five burning questions' piece for today's Ronald Gill esq and staring hard at me work PC when I noticed someone staring at iz from ower the way. It was the new kid on the block, young Chris Waugh. Ah looked up and he quickly put his heed doon. Ah understood straight away. The kid was in orr, ore, err, was a bit starstruck to be working with the Trinity Mirror sports regional sports writer of the year and former toon army foot soldier, Lee Ryder. Ah also think he was shiting it a bit after a gave him a dressing doon when he first started. Ah smiled to mesel and remembered a good looking young blonde kid bonding with his mentor in these same hallowed offices a few years ago. Ah sat back in me chair and folded me arms and shouted ower at the kid, "How! Young'un! me belly thinks me throat's cut!" The kid looked up and said, "I'm sorry?" Ah replied, "Yi fuckin' will be if yi hold iz up any more! Ah said i'm Hank Marvin! Do you want to go out and get some scran?" The kid could barely contain his excitement as he told me his Mam had already knocked his bait up. Ah then gave him the Ryder glare and asked again and he went white faced and said he'd love to. As we got outside ah headed up the bigg Market and young Woffy said, "Hey, Lee, I could kill for a steak and cheese Sub from subway, they're mint!". Ah stopped in me tracks and telt him straight, "Woffy, young Woffy. You're writing for a Tyneside institution here, mind. Fuck that subway shite, ah'm tekking you for some proper Geordie scran from the Grainger Market, some proper soup. Fuck that Yank shite!" He said ah was the boss and we went on our way to the Grainger Market just as a certain mentor of a certain up and coming young journalist once did with his protege. "Aye, Woffy, this is the food of the Geordie gods this soup ah......What the Fuck?!!" ah interrupted mesel as ah clocked a kids twitter food on his phone. The kid's twitter said that ah'd anny gone and scooped ANOTHER prestijus, presteegas, err, important gong! Ah asked the kid if ah could have a proper look and some internet PR company called Aberfield had just cottoned on to what the whole of the North East and Trinity Mirror group already knew, which was that Lee Ryder, the Knight of the bigg Market, the former toon army foot soldier, the journalist with his pulse on the United beat, was the one the punters went looking for when they wanted some shit hot NUFC craic such as me piece yesterday about Stcheve's BIG decision whether to play Gini at Stamford Bridge or my usual red hot BURNING questions that needed asking about club on the hill. Ah showed the boy who could only dream about being King the phone and said, "There yi gan, Woffy! See that? That's what eating Yank shite DOESN'T get you!" Ah then dipped a bit stottie in Woffy's soup and jammed it in his gob, winked and telt him we had time for a quick celebratory pint in the Clock, {as you do, like!) Lol. Ryder and fucking out!!

But the Chronicle understands that there will be no knee-jerk reaction from the Magpies, and McClaren will be handed more time to turn things around.

You'll all be staggered to see the Knight's take on this.

• 4 weeks later...
:lol: The half grin on his face when the ad is asking him the second question. You can tell they've just been fucking about seconds earlier and now he's trying his best to put his thoughtful look on.

Looks like he's had a big feed washed down with some blooter for his 'working lunch' at the Kohinoor before realising he still had the video blog to do. At the beginning you can see it 'coming up' on him. :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-wants-newcastle-united-11023280

The video on there is gold :lol:. He looks and sounds like he has just come home from the pub after a rough week at work but this is probably him dressing up a bit because he knows the camera is on.

:lol: :lol:

He's had a couple of pints, not that it makes him a scruff, but he certainly looks one there.

He looks like he's got about 3 years of the good life left before he snaps his ticker sprinting to the Kebab shop on closing.

Mala needs to arrange an intervention.

• 5 months later...