Carroll

Just curious to gauge everyones opinion on this, but if the likes of Chelsea came in for Carroll with a ridiculous offer of £20 million or something, would you sell him?

Its something Ive been debating and I'm not sure if I would or not.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up until about 3 months ago I would have snapped their hands off but now I think we'd be devastated if we lost AC. Taking out the politics of the fat man and knowing that he would never reinvest that £20m in the team Im still not sure what you could get for that to replace AC.

Just curious to gauge everyones opinion on this, but if the likes of Chelsea came in for Carroll with a ridiculous offer of £20 million or something, would you sell him?

You have to have good players to attract players. Carroll is currently worth a lot more to us than 20m. I can't see many strikers wanting to come here to be paired up with Shola!

Even if Chelsea offered us a couple of their players van Aanholt, Sturridge and McEachran, I still dont think it would be taking the risk of relegation.

I'm keen to see how he links up with Rooney. That could double his price tag.

I wouldn't trust Ashley to reinvest it in the team. We'd sell Carroll and sign Harewood, with Ashley pocketing the difference imo.

I agree with Chez and Parky, he fucking loves playing for Newcastle and that's clear as day for anyone looking at him. In years to come if we don't grow and he continues too he may look for an exit but at the minute he's the big news in his home city and that's one thing most on here would love more than playing for Chelsea, plus he's playing regular week in week out football we've seen players like SWP be the dogs nuts and have run of their city then go to a place like Chelsea and never get playing time, I don't see him going in the near future tbh but if he did I'd be fucking gutted no matter the price tag because a player like Carroll is irreplaceable to us atm.

I'd like to see them get him in the weight room and built like Drogba, couple that with more positional experience and he'd be fucking unbeatable in the air.

Edited by Barton7

I agree with Chez and Parky, he fucking loves playing for Newcastle and that's clear as day for anyone looking at him. In years to come if we don't grow and he continues too he may look for an exit but at the minute he's the big news in his home city and that's one thing most on here would love more than playing for Chelsea, plus he's playing regular week in week out football we've seen players like SWP be the dogs nuts and have run of their city then go to a place like Chelsea and never get playing time, I don't see him going in the near future tbh but if he did I'd be fucking gutted no matter the price tag because a player like Carroll is irreplaceable to us atm.

I'd like to see them get him in the weight room and built like Drogba, couple that with more positional experience and he'd be fucking unbeatable in the air.

Yup.

Think if he wanted to develop his game later in his career then Italy or Spain. If he stays in the PL it will be with us. Ranger has come on a lot in the last year IMO and the last 20 min against Liv he was a as much a handful as anyone. Unlucky not to score.

Yup.

Think if he wanted to develop his game later in his career then Italy or Spain. If he stays in the PL it will be with us. Ranger has come on a lot in the last year IMO and the last 20 min against Liv he was a as much a handful as anyone. Unlucky not to score.

He's in a similar poisition Carroll was before we went down, so we have to loan him out to get game time against lesser oposition.

6 assists and ten goals.

So important to the team.

Massive. against the 2 liverpool giants he won 17/20 challenges in the air and set up Nolan for his goal. he's unplayable on his day. i also like the fact that he's not one to let a negative scoreline get to him. he keeps on trying..... which is a good attribute.