Newcastle United 2-2 Wigan Athletic

Deano

We deserved a point purely because we got the ball in the net twice in 94 minutes.

Other than that Wigan deserved to win because they were better than than the home-side who lacked everything you need to win.

Lifeless, creativityless, idealess, about sums up the display today. :lol:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget this is a side that is not planning to have any investment in January. Those who sympathise or are trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the owners will comment on how he's brought in decent signings in Tiote and Ben Afra.

Whilst that's true, they're only a fraction of the investment that's needed if we're going to survive another relegation battle.

I'm ignoring that no spending in January comment. I place no trust in the regime and ironically that means I'd imagine we will spend a little in the next window.

On what basis are you ignoring it though? The fact that we bought players in the summer desite the 'there'll be no capital outlay' comment earlier in the year?

The fact that we're hearing noises of 'we won't be signing anyone' rather than 'there'll be no capital outlay' is ominous to me.. I think Ashley is lulling us into a false sense of security. I hope I'm proved wrong though.

I'm ignoring that no spending in January comment. I place no trust in the regime and ironically that means I'd imagine we will spend a little in the next window.

On what basis are you ignoring it though? The fact that we bought players in the summer desite the 'there'll be no capital outlay' comment earlier in the year?

The fact that we're hearing noises of 'we won't be signing anyone' rather than 'there'll be no capital outlay' is ominous to me.. I think Ashley is lulling us into a false sense of security. I hope I'm proved wrong though.

its just a matter of time before we go down.

It was just like this in the 70's and 80's. Players like Perch, Best, Routledge etc are what you get when survival is the only aim with mininal expenditure. Charles N'Zogbia believes he has moved to a bigger club. If that doesn't tell even thompers something I don't know what will

I take that back. Thompers will make some sort of excuse for it. Couldn't help but smile today at the cretins booing zoggy. As if he was bothered. They should take a look at themselves, Zoggy has done them a favour by telling us how shit the club is, along with all the others who wanted to leave, and they can't see it. Why do they expect blind loyalty.

To be fair we brought Best and Routledge in when we were still facing several more months of the Championship. They didn't cost a great deal, had Championship pedigree and Routledge at least did a good job for us when we he came in.

They're not Premier League quality though.

Perch was and is a mistake, simple as. We went for him in January when we needed the cover and his signing would have made more sense then. You get the impression Hughton didn't really think this one through. With that said he wasn't a risk financially so I can understand him being given a chance. Hasn't done a good enough job though and really shouldn't be playing for us.

Long season ahead, we were fucking shite today like.

Awful in all honesty, still the one positive to come out of it is the fact we didn't lie down. But Jesus Christ Perch will never be a Premiership player.

That is 7 points dropped at home against 3 shocking sides, it promises to be a long hard season. Still above the scum though and it's their best squad in 25 years apparently, dear fucking me, laughable at the least. Onwards and upwards.

Awful in all honesty, still the one positive to come out of it is the fact we didn't lie down. But Jesus Christ Perch will never be a Premiership player.

That is 7 points dropped at home against 3 shocking sides, it promises to be a long hard season. Still above the scum though and it's their best squad in 25 years apparently, dear fucking me, laughable at the least. Onwards and upwards.

Theyve got a fucking game in hand which could take them to 9th. Another 3 of the other 6 below us have as well.

As bad as Perch was he was only the worst of a bad bunch today. Ryan Taylor has scored some important goals already this season (albeit the CC) and he is not as crap as Perch by any means. He will be raring to go as well having been left out of the first team for a while. Even Gutierezz would be better at right back than Perch. The midfield is a joke. Guthrie and Barton were absolutely shocking today and didn't even put in the basic effort required in terms of closing down and general movement. Tiote is competent but nearly lost his rag today. Gutierezz played well enough but he was struggling at times being shown down the line and not being able to cross under pressure on his left. He dug out a cracking ball for Shola's goal though. Speaking of Shola I would consider giving him another start now, Lovenkrands is past it. He shows some good movement but his pace has gone and he is very slow on the ball. Perhaps if we'd started with Taylor at RB and Routledge in RM we would have been significantly better. At least we got a point and stopped the run of losses, but it's looking fucking scary now, and this was against a Wigan side who imo are very weak indeed and could be relegated.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

We could win on Monday and go 7th. Where you are in the league at this early stage means nowt at all really - it's the performances that matter.

What's the craic with Nolan, lads? Rested after a 2 week spell without games and was confirmed not injured. Rumours going round of trouble with him and Carroll..

woooah toughguys been writing a post for the last 15 minutes, this should be good.

Probably having to ask his mam how to spell each word, which is really pissing her clients off because they pay by the hour.

Tatics were totally wrong today. Putting Guthrie wide on right just totally exposed us down that flank. Unfortunately we don't have the players to play down the wings, Routledge, Jonas, constanly cut in. We are heavy in the centre midfield role so I think it's time we started to play to our strengths and leave it to our wingbacks to get forward. 433 is the way forward.

Edited by duo

The Guthrie decision was baffling. He's always been poor when played in wide positions. Either in the middle or not at all. Routledge was horrible when he came on, but if he was there for the start we at least would have kept our shape and left more space for Enrique and Jonas down the left. I wouldn't mind drafting Ferguson into the side to play at left mid with Jonas switching to the right in front of Ryan Taylor. Jonas would provide more cover for Taylor than Routledge so would help with his defensive frailties. Simpson I think will be fit for the next match, so alternately bring him back in. Ferguson is little bit light on but he's been a decent defender when I've seen him and has good pace and attacking intent.

Was nice to come away with a point after playing like a bunch of pricks for the vast majority.

Good to see curly get a goal considering, in my opinion of course, he carried Perch all fucking game.

Just watched MOTD and you see Perch arriving about 5 minutes too late for Charlies 2nd. Mind I think Krul should have saved it.