How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

If I played once a month I'd be in the most expensive boots money can buy. As I run 4 times a week my running shoes are top of the range. I don't graft myself to an early grave each week to look like some wanker in a pair of £30 asics. Full support from me Ant, been interested in these new google running shoes that are meant to be in development that do all the things the apps do but also accurately measure distance and energy etc. In fact I'm not entirely sure what they do but I was sold the moment I read about them.

It's a serious battle of will for me, I'm fighting with myself every 30 seconds to keep going. I do my own napper in with it, I can't just zone out.

It really depends for me, sometimes I'll go out for a quick jog and end up doing 6+ miles at a decent pace and thoroughly enjoying it. Other times I'll set out to do a long run and be absolutely dead 30 seconds later at the bottom of the estate.

:rolleyes: I play 8aside for a bit of craic with colleagues, the rest of the time like today i play 11s in the amateur league for a club.

But aye £100 outlay for something i use 4-5 times a week clearly a massive deal, should've bought the cheap ones that are twice the weight and fall apart (oh wait i did have them, ripped during a match before xmas hence buying a new pair)

i'd have bought mundials/kaisers but i prefer blades.

You saying you've never spent £50-60 or more on a decent GI Luke? (i'm assuming those things are fairly expensive considering the wear and tear).

some leap for Luke to be calling me a dullard, you put people to sleep for a living for fuck sake :lol:

It was a genuine question as I said. Fair enough. How long will they last you?

Nope never spent that much money on a gi for the simple reason it won't make my Jitsu any better. It's more relevant for people who regularly compete in grappling competitions to give them an edge. I've got three gis (they simply take too long to wash and dry if you're training >2 times a week, let alone 4-6 as I do frequently). Only had to chuck one out in nearly a decade. My black belt cost me a fiver btw. It's what you do in it, rather than what you do it in that counts.

You're welcome to have a cheap laugh at a job you know almost nothing about, but one of us is works in a profession that virtually all other doctors are in awe of and regularly saves lives (I really do btw) and one of us works in IT.

Did the words "genuine question" not give it away? ;)

I could see what you were thinking about the gi. We do do some grappling but most of what we do is throws and locks from attacks like punches, weapons (lots of knifework) kicks and grabs with a strong emphasis on self defence - and of course, relying on grabbing a durable purpose built training suit is not very helpful if the guy trying to mug you is wearing a wife beater. BJJ and judo do a lot more competitive grappling (almost exclusively) hence the need for better gi.

I wasn't trying to belittle your job, I was merely stating facts. I can and do take a lot of jokes about what I do but I've got limits. I'm sure what you do is very important, although from what you say not as directly relevent to my practice as you're trying to imply -I read something in a journal about a pulse oximter app which sounds jolly useful though, anything to done with you? I am far more reliant on my knowledge and judgement than machines. I am course glad there are people that make the machines and the drugs!

If I played once a month I'd be in the most expensive boots money can buy. As I run 4 times a week my running shoes are top of the range. I don't graft myself to an early grave each week to look like some wanker in a pair of £30 asics. Full support from me Ant, been interested in these new google running shoes that are meant to be in development that do all the things the apps do but also accurately measure distance and energy etc. In fact I'm not entirely sure what they do but I was sold the moment I read about them.

I'm with you both you and Ant on this one. If you are going to use them then it's worth spending the dosh. If you are going to fritter away your money, you might as well do it on stuff that is good for your health.

I wasn't trying to belittle your job, I was merely stating facts. I can and do take a lot of jokes about what I do but I've got limits. I'm sure what you do is very important, although from what you say not as directly relevent to my practice as you're trying to imply -I read something in a journal about a pulse oximter app which sounds jolly useful though, anything to done with you? I am far more reliant on my knowledge and judgement than machines. I am course glad there are people that make the machines and the drugs!

You'd be lost without us nurses and you know it ;)

You'd be lost without us nurses and you know it ;)

Undoubtably, although I could certainly do without the cliched, tired inverse superiority complex that appears to be drummed into every student nurse from day one. ;)

zqdYbDH.jpg

Might not look it like but I'm now the lightest I've been for over a decade. 14st2. I'm nearly inside the 25 on the BMI even ffs. 5 more pounds and I'm officially within the healthy weight spectrum for my height.

Makes his weight loss even more impressive if so

Haha. At 6ft2 and 14st3 that's 199lbs, so I'm 25.5 on BMI. It seems a load of bollocks this because if this is right, certain people on here are officially obese and they don't look it.

http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

• Underweight = <18.5
  • Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
  • Overweight = 25–29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Edited by McFaul

Haha. At 6ft2 and 14st3 that's 199lbs, so I'm 25.5 on BMI. It seems a load of bollocks this because if this is right, certain people on here are officially obese and they don't look it.

http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

• Underweight = <18.5
  • Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
  • Overweight = 25–29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Stevie I know you've always said that you'd look ill if you got to, say, 13.5 stone. Have you changed your opinion on that? Cos you're not a million miles away and don't look ill at all.

Stevie I know you've always said that you'd look ill if you got to, say, 13.5 stone. Have you changed your opinion on that? Cos you're not a million miles away and don't look ill at all.

I've got legs like Roberto Carlos and big shoulders though, obviously muscle weighs more. 13st10 and that will do me. Horses for courses. Running is so much easier which is handy seeing as though I'm doing two half marathons this year. If someone had've taken a slow motion video of me a few months ago, my moobs would've looked like Pamela Anderson in the opening credits of Baywatch, but they're just not there now, it's fucking great. Does ya libido nee harm neither.

BMI is a load of bollocks. doesn't take into account that muscle weighs more than fat. taking a bodyfat percentage reading, measuring your waistline or looking in the mirror are far more accurate ways of measuring how your fat loss is going.

according to BMI, i'm overweight, despite being 11% bodyfat. work that one out.

BMI is a load of bollocks. doesn't take into account that muscle weighs more than fat. taking a bodyfat percentage reading, measuring your waistline or looking in the mirror are far more accurate ways of measuring how your fat loss is going.

according to BMI, i'm overweight, despite being 11% bodyfat. work that one out.

It's a useful clinical tool when used appropriately. People weight lifting/exercising etc then getting a strop on because they're just the wrong side of a BMI of 25 isn't one if these uses. Like most screening tools it is less useful around the edges of its normal range.

Edited by luckyluke

It's a useful clinical tool when used appropriately. People weight lifting/exercising etc then getting a strop on because they're just the wrong side of a BMI of 25 isn't one if these uses. Like most screening tools it is less useful around the edges of its normal range.

i suppose it's useful if you're trying to work out if someone that clearly doesn't look after their body is either clinically obese or simply over weight. it isn't an accurate tool to measure fat loss and improved body composition.

Edited by Dr Gloom