How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

agreed. cutting booze (beer in particular) makes a massive difference. i'm having a dry period in the run up to a stag weekend in a couple of weeks and am feeling leaner than i have for ages - no doubt to be replaced by feeling like a bloater after 72 hours of beer and junk food in hamburg.

BIggest thing for me was cutting out milk and cutting wheat down by about 80%. That was the difference between sitting at 15 1/2 st despite training and getting down to 12 9.

BIggest thing for me was cutting out milk and cutting wheat down by about 80%. That was the difference between sitting at 15 1/2 st despite training and getting down to 12 9.

Yup. I'm on a low grain cut at the moment. As long as you eat plenty of good fats and protein, fat falls off

I'm certain you're not looking for a serious response but i'll offer one anyway.

Fat can always be cut, unless you're 6%, any lower than that is unhealthy.

I've plateaued at around he 11-12% mark, as usual, because I enjoy booze and unhealthy food at the weekend too much to give up.

But a combination of training and reducing grains is an excellent way to drop excess fat quickly or to maintain a level you're happy with.

Why do you want to be below 11%?

I can understand people wanting to lose weight for health reasons or because they're bloaters but surely there isn't much difference in 11% and 8% body fat? At least not to most of the people you'll meet in day to day life.

You lost nearly 3 stone by cutting out wheat and milk :lol: How many loaves of bread were you eating a day !?

You lost nearly 3 stone by cutting out wheat and milk :lol: How many loaves of bread were you eating a day !?

You dont understand fat loss then ;)

Bowl of cereal in the morning with milk, call it 300 cals and the same on an evening another 300 cals and milk in coffee (when I was drinking latte) 500 cals per day is 3500 per week. If you drop that below your maintenance you lose 1lb of fat per week. I knocked about 800 cals a day off by doing that maybe more. Different days I was likely 500-1000 cals a day less. That was the difference between my weight not changing and moving into a calorie deficit and losing fat. Plus I lost any bloating I had which I now think was down to a degree of lactose intolerance.

Why do you want to be below 11%?

I can understand people wanting to lose weight for health reasons or because they're bloaters but surely there isn't much difference in 11% and 8% body fat? At least not to most of the people you'll meet in day to day life.

You'd be surprised. 11-12% is starting to look athletic. Muscles start to look a lot more defined at that level and nothing wobbles anymore. But most premier league footballers are about 6-8%. There is a noticeable difference. You have to be extremely fit and really look after what you eat to get below 10%.

I'm not on a quest to get below 10% I should add. Not prepared to make the sacrifices needed. Quite happy being where I am for summer (if it ever comes).

I usually slack off in the winter months - good excuse to bulk up a bit and get back on the whole grains when it gets cold and dark and you know you'll be nowhere near a beach any time soon.

I'm surprised you find the time to work full-time, be a parent, have a social life and obsess over your body. Thats a serious point btw.

Don't have much of a social life these days tbh :lol: But I only train at lunchtimes at work so I could still go out more than I do if I wanted to. It's not like training and eating well is all I do.

You dont understand fat loss then ;)

Bowl of cereal in the morning with milk, call it 300 cals and the same on an evening another 300 cals and milk in coffee (when I was drinking latte) 500 cals per day is 3500 per week. If you drop that below your maintenance you lose 1lb of fat per week. I knocked about 800 cals a day off by doing that maybe more. Different days I was likely 500-1000 cals a day less. That was the difference between my weight not changing and moving into a calorie deficit and losing fat. Plus I lost any bloating I had which I now think was down to a degree of lactose intolerance.

Drink skimmed milk then you fat bastard

Well, today was the end of the current training prog and I start a slightly different route in a week. So Ive made a right pig of myself the night on pre-easter chocolate, hot crossed buns, mini-eggs and the like. Lush :D