Things you collected as a kid

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I collected badges for some reason. Still got them somewhere. I also "collected" model cars but I didn't have much say in that. The parents decided and come birthdays or christmas I'd normally end up with a couple. Still got them in their boxes and stuff. I was into the He-Man, TMNT and Thundercats but wouldn't say I collected them because I played with them to death and don't have any of them today.

Your mention of Commando reminded me of this thread;

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=724404

:lol:

Commando0016.jpg

Loved them. Also liked the Victor annual with Alf Tupper the athlete who'd compete in running events, gan for a chippy on the way home and foil some baddie in between races. :icon_lol:

I collected football stickers (obviously), had loads of subbuteo teams, I loved being Millwall for some reason, and I used to collect fossils. When I first started going out drinking when I was about 15 (I've never thieved anything in my life other than these), I had a habit of taking my last pint glass home if it was an interesting glass too. Ended up with about 50 pint glasses at one point.

Speaking of thieving one of my old mates, not a mate now like, used to collect the signs off cars. Like "Ford", he'd just rip it off, he had every car make you could think of.

Edited by WDP

Back when my folks were paupers our house was full of nicked pint glasses, ashtrays, cutlery etc. Ha ha

..and I thought you were whiter than white.

My Dad (now retired) had a good job but he literally couldn't help himself when it came to helping himself there. I blame it on growing up in Walker.

Edited by alex

My Dad (now retired) had a good job but he literally couldn't help himself when it came to helping himself there. I blame it on growing up in Walker.

Nowt wrong with people from Walker. My entire family originates from Walker.

Nowt wrong with people from Walker. My entire family originates from Walker.

It was tongue-in-cheek.

I always take pint glasses home as well if I like the look of them when I'm half-cut. It's a wonder the pubs in toon have any left the way we're going through them. I used to collect football stickers as well and I remember one day, my dad coming in with an entire box of them because the place he worked was distributing them (or something along those lines) and I spent about 2 hours putting them all in. Had more doublers than the entire school put together by the end like.