Hughton Sacked

Holden McGroin

Chirs Hughton   

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew would be a stupid choice. Sacked by a league 1 club..

Stupidity is their calling card

Sack manager part way into season + appoint useless replacement + instability + no player investment in Jan = relegation

Sounds familiar?

One of the lads at work was saying today that the Talkshite presenters are pretty unanimous in their opinion that Ashley has made the correct decision and we, the fans should get behind an owner who is so obviously showing ambition.. (depsite the fact he's not appointed anyone yet!)

Aren't these the same retards who a little over a year ago were painting us as 'deluded Geordies' who were being totally unrealistic for wanting Ashley to appoint a decent manager?

Cocks.

One of the lads at work was saying today that the Talkshite presenters are pretty unanimous in their opinion that Ashley has made the correct decision and we, the fans should get behind an owner who is so obviously showing ambition.. (depsite the fact he's not appointed anyone yet!)

Aren't these the same retards who a little over a year ago were painting us as 'deluded Geordies' who were being totally unrealistic for wanting Ashley to appoint a decent manager?

Cocks.

They just say stuff for a reaction from mongs tbh.

Cocks.

They just say stuff for a reaction from mongs tbh.

Aye

These are the same presenters who were outraged, when they realised they were getting no calls, they soon change their tune.

Pardew would be a stupid choice. Sacked by a league 1 club..

Stupidity is their calling card

Sack manager part way into season + appoint useless replacement + instability + no player investment in Jan = relegation

Sounds familiar?

That's some calling card.

Newcastle legend Alan Shearer insists he will not become the next manager of his beloved Magpies.

Shearer is a 16/1 shot with Sky Bet to step back into the St James' Park hot-seat following Chris Hughton's shock departure on Monday.

But the former England striker, who failed to keep the Magpies in the top flight in 2008 in his previous stint in charge of the club, has ruled himself out of the running.

The 40-year-old said: "I won't be the next Newcastle manager. I can guarantee you that.

"I have said never say never but I can guarantee I won't be the next Newcastle manager."

Questioned logic

Shearer also questioned the logic of the Newcastle hierarchy in sacking Hughton after he guided the Magpies back into the top flight, where they currently occupy 11th place.

The former No.9 said: "I wonder to myself where they think Newcastle should be, if they think they should be higher than mid-table because I'm not being disrespectful to the squad but they're not going to be in the top six or seven.

"That isn't Newcastle's season. Newcastle's season this year should be all about staying in the Premier League.

"At this moment in time there's no danger of them (being relegated).

"They'll be there because there's teams that are worse than them.

"For me, Chris was doing a very, very fine job."

Hey, my first post ever on these forums since ChronicleLive's shut down, and its a very wild rumour.

Just read on a Fulham Fan Forum that a few of them believe Martin Jol to be the next Fulham manager, and that Mark Hughes will be Newcastle's top target.

I expect it to be utter rubbish, but I thought id post it here just incase! :drinks:

Edited by nufcboy

Cocks.

Fucking hell man, you know better than to get riled by talksport. Tell the lad at work he's a clown for listening to it.

Cocks.

Fucking hell man, you know better than to get riled by talksport. Tell the lad at work he's a clown for listening to it.

Oh aye, I know. tbh he was trying to get a bite out of me but got nothing. Chelsea fan so I'm not fucking surprising he listens to that garbage constantly.

Anyone else following NUFCOfficial on twitter? So desperate to sell tickets for Sunderland away that they're offering free coach travel to our arch rivals who are only 20 miles down the road...

Fucking hell man they must actually realise what an utter fuck up they've done.

Aye, good point... :D

The fucking shit that gets posted on there though - looks like they've had a fair about of abuse the last 36 hours mind you :drinks:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newca...icle646443.html

Mike Ashley will refuse to hand over a big transfer budget to Newcastle's new manager. Instead he'll be ordered to "buy clever" as the club returns to financial health.

It may appear contradictory, but the sudden sacking of Chris Hughton - and the hope of having a new boss in place possibly as early as Thursday - was a decisive act in what owner Ashley now hopes will be a long term plan taking root at St James' Park.

That will be reflected in the length of the contract the new boss will be handed.

If there is opposition from some fans or players to someone such as Alan Pardew becoming boss - and some discontent is already evident - it might be tempered by the knowledge that he will be there for some time.

Rather than hedge his bets, it is believed Ashley will hand his new man five full seasons in charge and the clout that goes with it - the sort of stability denied to Hughton over the past 18 months.

Since Ashley took charge, Newcastle have battled with a financial situation that was spiraling out of control. Now, the Magpies are leaner and meaner (some would say in more ways than one), and every penny spent is fought over.

A club that once had a ludicrous £84million wage bill is now close to being a sustainable business, the latest accounts will reveal. And the new boss will not be allowed to possibly ruin the tight ship by being handed millions to blow on players.

If relegation is avoided this season, Newcastle United will start to pay for itself - rather than needing yearly cash injections of £25million from Ashley's personal fortune.

Owning Newcastle has been an expensive journey for Ashley - not to mention with the personal abuse and rancour his decisions have created.

To buy, and then prop up, the club has cost him close to £300million of his own wealth, which once stood at £1.9billion when he floated his Sports Direct sportswear business - although that figure may have halved since.

Some of the work behind the scenes has been beneficial, but has so far gone unseen by fans.

Once example is in the dealings with agents.

Club insiders claim that agents would once get away with demanding between 10-14% of the entire cost of a deal, transfer fee and contract.

Tough, brutal negotiations now mean United start the bidding at a fraction of that inflated cost.

So opening the purse strings and throwing money at a new boss who's in it for the long haul is not an option.

Recruitment will aimed at players who are in their early 20s and on picking up experienced stars available on free transfers at the end of their contracts.

A bargain was had last summer in the signing of Chiek Tiote for £3.5million from FC Twente. And United could land French trickster Hatem Ben Arfa for £5million if he recovers quickly from his broken leg.

Sacking Hughton may look like a return to short-term thinking and knee-jerk management.

But when his successor is appointed, fans will be assured that Newcastle indeed do have a long-term plan and have been doing good work to steady their financial position.

Of course, that is a promise that has been made repeatedly in the last decade of turmoil.

The new manager will also have some difficult negotiations on the horizon.

A clutch of the Magpies' highest-earning stars have contracts that are nearing an end. Decisions are needed over whether to sell them and lose their experience, or to offer new deals at reduced wages.

It will make for an interesting squad dynamic next summer.

Further detail emerged yesterday over why Hughton was sacked so abruptly.

Club bosses reckon that the league table, with Newcastle sitting 11th, represents a missed opportunity.

Too many points were squandered in home games with some tough fixtures ahead in the next two months at St James' Park - against Liverpool, Manchester City, Spurs and Arsenal.

Newcastle also want a manager who can take wider charge of footballing matters, including transfers, and they regarded Hughton as more of a coach.

It is claimed the acquisitions of Ben Arfa and Tiote were done by the board.

Other recruits, such as Leon Best and James Perch, are blamed on Hughton, who insiders say was fatally wounded when assistant Colin Calderwood, a powerful dressing room figure, left to manage Hibernian.

Maybe letting Calderwood go shows that Hughton knew he was doomed in the short term.

Ironically, the Geordies will now be told the latest appointment is for the long term