Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bizzare choice to take off Anita for Cisse btw. Game was screaming out for Ben Arfa on for Gouffran at 60 minutes

Absolutely. Ben Arfa always gets brought on with far too much to do in too little time.

Gouffran and Sissoko need a break .You'll hear some people complain tirelessly about Ben Arfa being selfish, but we've had no end product recently with anyone. Especially Sissoko. Final ball was woeful yesterday. Of course Remy not being a proper centre forward has something to do with that too.

I've said far worse at the match, only embarrassing because he was caught on camera which fully captures the nonsense of modern morality by media.

Precisely. I'm sure that a lot worse can be heard from the dugout in nearly every game. The fourth official did not react at all either, despite it being clearly audible. It's laughable that the media have decided to choose this as the main moment of controversy from the game.

Edited by Inochi

I've said far worse at the match, only embarrassing because he was caught on camera which fully captures the nonsense of modern morality by media.

Agreed. Also in Pardews defence Pelligrini does look like he's been dug up.

you're a fan not the manager though

blown outta proportions as it's been caught on camera and yes worse gets said but this being the point if you're going mouth off like that don't get caught as it's cringeworthy

it's happened with players etc before so not surprised it was flagged up in the media, Rooney did something similar except he swore into the camera but he's thick, iirc not too long ago

Exactly.

Of course much worse things are said in the stands but that's not at all comparable imo.

Edited by hostile_statue

What Newcastle fans should be talking about today.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/12/newcastle-united-defensive-structure-alan-pardew

The major reason for Newcastle's impressive recent run, and in particular their fine performances against the top clubs, has been their defensive organisation. Alan Pardew has consistently selected players who enable Newcastle to get back quickly into a good defensive shape, which has meant Hatem Ben Arfa and Papiss Cissé, both talented but undisciplined attacking weapons, have become accustomed to a substitute's role.

Despite losing 2-0, Newcastle created as many presentable chances as City – many of them from set pieces but also via Rémy's runs in behind the defence. His movement is excellent and against centre-backs Vincent Kompany and Martín Demichelis, the Frenchman consistently caused problems. Better decision-making and finishing, and the striker could have given this contest an entirely different tilt.

The sides switched formations as the contest continued, with Pellegrini introducing Navas for Dzeko, moving Silva central behind Negredo and moving to a 4-2-3-1. He understood City were struggling to win the midfield battle and needed extra numbers. Later, Pardew replaced Vurnon Anita with Cissé, and moved to a 4-4-2 to provide extra firepower, as Newcastle played more direct football in the closing stages.
This was not the most fascinating tactical battle but Pardew will be pleased with his side's performance, in spite of the defeat. In combining defensive organisation with various attacking options, he has found a balance lacking among many sides.

I read that analysis - sounds good doesn't it? I also agree, I think we played very well. If we could only find consistency.. although the moment we do, Kinnear will probably sell Cabaye and that'll be that, back to square one.

I read that analysis - sounds good doesn't it? I also agree, I think we played very well. If we could only find consistency.. although the moment we do, Kinnear will probably sell Cabaye and that'll be that, back to square one.

Selling Cabaye now would be like removing all the cement out of a wall.

Though we played City off the park for the maj of the game. Only irritation was not introducing Hatem earlier when they looked tired and nervy. Anita should have been left on.

Edited by Park Life

Fair play to Pellegrini for being a cunt in the first place too. None of this would have been possible without him.

According to Alan, Pellegrini has been a cunt for ages as well, so kudos for his commitment to the cause.