Kid Dynamite

Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

What does Pardew Deserve?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Sack Pardew?

• Yes
    • No

It's also part of the puzzle that teams are paying much more attention to us this year. Last year they hadn't quite figured it out, but the high finish means a lot of them have 'gone to work' on us.

It's also part of the puzzle that teams are paying much more attention to us this year. Last year they hadn't quite figured it out, but the high finish means a lot of them have 'gone to work' on us.

I think even that is a bit too far like. I agree with you that people are now used to us being longball-merchants and its easy to defend against.

If you look behind the results last season you will find the performances were very similar to this season. Sit deep, hoy it upfield and hope for wondergoals.

The main difference IMO is that last year you had alot of teams unable to bury 5-6 sitters in a game - whereas this year they are more clinical.

We werent solid defensively last season either, no matter what the stats people serve me. Krul had 2-3 wondersaves each game, the other team repeatedly missed 1-on-1 with keepers or 15 yard shots etc.

Our luck has just ran out and we are getting the results we deserve, simple as.

Unlucky this season.

The fact that we cannot even manage the simplest of build-up play suggests there is more than lack of luck involved.

We play shit, little to do with miss fortuna.

The fact that we cannot even manage the simplest of build-up play suggests there is more than lack of luck involved.

We play shit, little to do with miss fortuna.

Luck won us the games by the odd goal last year so luck loses us the games by the odd goal this year. Anything else and you're not holding 2 consistent thoughts in your head.

Or its not luck. So either you're wrong or stupid, which one is it?

Last year we got by with hoofing, wondergoals and other teams inability to put away sitters.

This year the wondergoals have dried up, the hoofing is becoming predictable and the other teams are burying their chances.

You seem to ignore performances and only look at the luck factor.

You're the one insisting last season was luck, not me. You're the one ascribing a whole season's performance to luck, not me. You're the one who cant see how stupid it is to insist on luck being the only factor last year and irrelevant this year. You can take some solace in that you're not the only one.

Its not only luck per se, but it was certainly a fluke - similar to Hulls first half season and ipswich 6th finish some 10 years ago.

We will never repeat it under pardew and half a season In that is becoming increasingly obvious dont you think?

No i dont. The evidence is mounting in favour of that opinion but there is plenty of evidence that says the opposite. I'm not denying the way things look currently but i made the point earlier the year on here and have yet to see a compelling argument otherwise, he won the right to manage us through a bad run with his work last year. If you ascribe 19 wins and 8 draws to luck then i can see where you might have a problem with that. Here's a clue to whether you're being objective, the whole of the English football recognised the job Pardew did last year.

Luck won us the games by the odd goal last year so luck loses us the games by the odd goal this year. Anything else and you're not holding 2 consistent thoughts in your head.

Or its not luck. So either you're wrong or stupid, which one is it?

Just fyi for LBT. I wouldn't want you to think that Chez is intimating that you are either wrong or stupid. I'm sure he thinks you're both. But in this particular insist on this specific subject you are either one or the other. You may continue.

No i dont. The evidence is mounting in favour of that opinion but there is plenty of evidence that says the opposite. I'm not denying the way things look currently but i made the point earlier the year on here and have yet to see a compelling argument otherwise, he won the right to manage us through a bad run with his work last year. If you ascribe 19 wins and 8 draws to luck then i can see where you might have a problem with that. Here's a clue to whether you're being objective, the whole of the English football recognised the job Pardew did last year.

There was one set of fans claiming fluke, funnily enough they seem to share a lot of LBT's views.

Where Pardew has really let himself down this year is...

1. Changing from the system we finished last year with Ba on the left.

2. Not changing back to it early this season when it was clear it wasnt working. (long before Europe or Injuries could soack up the blame).

By dithering (Til the last two games) he has allowed the situation to become worse and players heads / confidence to drop.

Regardless of everything else, that is not the sign of a very clever manager in my book. no matter how well it clicked last year for all sorts of reasons.

(It has to be said, my book is by no means comprehensive, but good enough for this discussion)

Here's a clue to whether you're being objective, the whole of the English football recognised the job Pardew did last year.

They recognized the fact that we finished 5th, the results and the league table.

At no point did we look like a top-5 team on the pitch and that is the very reason the media havent really had any interest in our relegation form up until this week.

The Lads played quite well against Man.City today, a big improvement over recent performences.

However, I can't help but feel that if we don't get all 3 points against QPR on Saturday Pardew should probably have his 8 year contract modified, even nullified.

Pardew was appointed as a yes man by Ashley and he never seems to protest about the chronic lack of investment and ambition shown by the owner.

This complete lack of ambition demonstrated by one of the lowest net spends of any premier league club over the last 5 years has taken us from the brink of challenging for a top 4 place (which is the least a club with the size of our support should expect) to mid table mediocrity at best and Pardew has said nothing - which is why he was appointed in the first place