Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tell you what I'll donate a pound a minute that Streete features, while you should donate £1 for every minute that he doesn't feature, to the SBR foundation.

@@Ayatollah Hermione

@@The Fish

@@PaddockLad

@@Happy Face

@@Andrew

Now if you chaps are classy, a dollop of humble pie might be in order :)

Why?

I asked if you'd play someone twice in 48 hours. The fact Pardew might do it is neither here nor there. The bloke's a shit who's already fucked De Jong rushing him back in desperation and seemed determined to do the same to Cisse over the weekend.

Premier League Player's & Premier League employee's comment on there time with Pardew

Carlos Tevez

“I was surprised to see how long Pardew held on to the job in the end.

“In Argentina or Brazil he would have been out long ago. It was clear the team did not react as he wanted — it wasn’t going right.

“I was never given the chances I thought I would be given and I was told to play out of position against my will.

“I had to sacrifice myself for the team which I don’t think helped. I was playing in ways I did not understand well and I lost a lot from my own game.

“It didn’t fit where he put me, but I wanted to help.”

Source: Metro

Javier Mascherano

“I am sad that it didn’t work for me at West Ham. I came with great hope and I don’t know why they didn’t pick me.

“Every day I was there, training hard, just in case. I’m satisfied with my professionalism. I didn’t complain, I accepted that I was not in the plans of Alan Pardew.

“I wasn’t picked when West Ham were winning, or when they were losing.”

Source: Daily Mail

West Ham employee, Steve Bacon

“I don’t like Alan Pardew. There, I’ve said it. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever known a more arrogant person in my life. We never got on from the first moment we met – and our relationship deteriorated from there. There was one occasion when I threatened to stick a fork in his hand. I was sort of joking, but there were definitely times when I felt like swinging at him. Or telling him to fork off, if you follow my drift.”

“Let me tell you a story. In fact, it’s called the ‘King story’ among those who were present and who believe it’s a perfect example of Pardew’s arrogance.

We were staying at a hotel in the North East ahead of a game at Sunderland during Alan’s first season in charge and were about to have our Friday evening meal. The players were restricted to boiled chicken or pasta, or suchlike, whereas the rest of the West Ham party had the choice of the entire menu. I sat down with Pardew, kit manager Eddie Gillam, physiotherapist John Green and fitness coach Tony Strudwick, who now works for Manchester United and has done very well for himself. We ordered our meals and suddenly Pardew asked us all what we were having. I think Eddie said he’d gone for the chicken, while I’d chosen the steak. Pards then turned to Struds, who revealed whatever it was he’d asked for. ‘That sounds good,’ said Pards. ‘Tell you what; if yours is better than mine when it turns up, I’m having that.’ That was one of the things he’d always say: I’m having that. ‘See that bloke’s haircut? I’m having that.’ He said it all the time. Anyway, I wasn’t ‘having that’ at all. So I said, ‘Well, you’re certainly not having my dinner. You’ll get a fork in the back of your hand!’ Pardew sort of laughed, before turning back to Struds and saying, ‘Yeah, if yours is better than mine, I’m having that.’ Our meals eventually arrived and Pards looked at Tony and said, ‘Yeah, I was right, yours definitely looks much better than mine; I’m having that.’ And he went to swap the plates over. ‘You can’t do that!’ I said. ‘What do you mean?’ he asked. ‘You can’t just take somebody else’s dinner,’ I said in disbelief. And he replied, without any hint of a joke, ‘When you’re the King, you can do anything.’ Eddie, Tony, John and I just looked at each other and there was an uncomfortable silence for a moment. Struds was a nice guy but he could be a bit of a ‘yes man’ at times and so he just allowed Pardew to swap the plates. However, the rest of us were flabbergasted by it all and we ended up discussing what had happened in the bar. Alan kept a straight face when referring to himself as ‘the King’ and I just couldn’t believe the arrogance of the man.”

Source: There’s only one Stevie Bacon

West Ham employee, Jeremy Nicholas

“So we struggled down at the bottom of the table again, the fans started getting restless, the players underperformed, the atmosphere in the stadium was poor and Pards told me I wasn’t doing my job properly. It never occurred to him that no matter what I said or what music I played, if the team played consistently badly, the atmosphere was going to drop. West Ham fans are passionate and vocal, but they’re also lovers of good football and watching this rubbish week in, week out was enough to silence anyone.”

“Season in a Nutshell 2006/07 – Argentinians Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano arrived in a ‘too good to be true’ deal. It turned out to be a disaster. Alan Pardew had no idea how to integrate the World Cup stars into his team which was based on pace and determination not flair and skill. The club were taken over by an Icelandic consortium. There was discontent off the pitch and Alan Pardew was sacked after losing the dressing room. I don’t know what he did, but it was felt it was best that he left. Alan Curbishley took over and stabilised the club.

International highlight – Signing two big-name foreign stars.

Awful moment – Realising our manager had no idea how to utilise players of that quality.”

Source: Mr Moon Has Left The Stadium

John Carver

“Every Monday he comes into work having compiled a defensive report on the opposition.

That’s his project, working with our video analysts to provide players with the best information.

“This week, for example, he will talk about Manchester City’s angles of attack, their set-pieces, their movement, as well as focussing on individuals.

“The lads will be made aware of ­Dzeko’s strengths and weaknesses, the best way to nullify Silva, Milner’s ­incredible work-rate, everything.

“That takes care of Monday to ­Thursday. On Friday it’s my turn when we look at ways to get at opponents. Put simply, Alan concentrates on how not to lose and I then find ways to win.”

Source: Daily Star

Steve Stone

“If you are out of position and you lose the ball, teams can cut through you so quickly. When you play Manchester United, Arsenal or Tottenham, for example, you are at your weakest when you have the ball, when you are attacking or when you have a corner.

“That’s when they can hurt you because you are out of position so we try and make sure we are in position as much as possible.

“Me and [assistant manager] John Carver take the forwards, and the manager takes the defenders away and we’ve introduced certain principles into the tactics so that, for instance, it doesn’t matter if Ryan Taylor was to play right-back or left-back, he knows exactly what he has to do adjacent to the positions that the centre-halves are in.

“Basically, the manager runs through every scenario of where the players should be when the ball is in a certain position, whether it’s a wide area, a central area, a goal kick, or whatever.”
Source: BBC

Interviewer: There was an urgency about the team, wasn’t there? Especially first half, didn’t want a lull in the first twenty minutes like last week.

Stone: Well, we were tighter as a team. We kicked the ball longer. We tried to get as many bodies around the ball as we possibly could to make it difficult for their passing game.

Source: NUFC TV

Stewart Robson (former Arsenal and West Ham midfielder)

(He brings) a massive ego. I have never been happy with his touchline antics. I’m not sure what he does on the coaching field. I know one or two people who have played under him, and weren’t too impressed – Jobi McAnuff being one of them, said he didn’t enjoy his time at West Ham because of Pardew.

“I just think that he’s got a massive ego. When West Ham were doing poorly he took a step back. When they started to do well, he became very big time and he’s promoted himself more than the team. So, I am not a fan of Pardew, and I think it’s the worst move Newcastle could make. I don’t know how he got the job. He must know someone on the board who’s a friend of his.

“Alan Pardew will tell you he tries to play good football; that’s rubbish. He plays long-ball football, it’s very direct, there is no creativity in midfield. He just wants to play route one football. At times he can be a conman.”

Source: ESPN

Eggert Magnusson (West Ham chairman)

“The key factor was that something just wasn’t right in the dressing room. Tension had been building between the players and the manager for a while. That was a cancer we had to cut off.”
Source: West Ham blog

Demba Ba

“I’m not happy when the team does not create anything.

Fans come to see beautiful games with beautiful actions and not long balls from the goalkeeper to the striker.”

Source: The Mag

Hatem Ben Arfa

“(My philosophy) is to play football, a game made up of movement and passes.

“The coach likes long, direct football. ‘Send crosses into the box’, he often says.”
Source: Reuters

“The manager told me I had to score more and get more assists for everybody’s confidence – the supporters, the players and him. I said ‘Okay, but I have to play.’

“I think Pardew believes in me, but he doesn’t show. I don’t know why. He needs to give me more confidence because I think he believes in me.

“It is very hard for the player if you are substituted at half-time, like I was against Southampton. It hurt me. I can’t be the only reason for the problem. I can only do so much. Maybe if I’m on the pitch and we lose five-nil I get blamed and that is normal and I take a lot of responsibility.

“I like playing football, but it is the manager’s decision. Sometimes he say to us playing football and sometimes he say to us to kick it.”

Source: The Mirror

Mathieu Debuchy

“I was a little frustrated [in my first season at Newcastle] because the coach asked me to stay back”

Source: Goal.com

Don Hutchison

“Now I have a chequered relationship with Alan stretching back to my time at West Ham. I had lost my mother and was going through a divorce so it was incredibly difficult time for me personally and he didn’t give me permission to go to her funeral.

It was hard to go back in our relationship from there and I spent time training with the kids.”

Source: The Journal

Sir Alex Ferguson

“Alan Pardew has come out and criticised me – but he is the worst for haranging referees,

“He shoves a referee then makes a joke of it and he’s got the cheek to criticise me.

“It’s unbelievable and he forgets the help I’ve given him, by the way”

The only ones who seem to have anything good to say about him is those who have never directly been associated with him. Then it seems to be the usual old boys club with no one wanting to say anything that isn't positive.

It would be refreshing if there were more pundits like Graeme Swan. He came out recently and said that Cook isn't the right captain for Englands one day team. Cook's a mate of his (or was since he didn't take it well) but Swan told the truth as (as he said himself) he's being employed as a pundit to give his opinion.

The only ones who seem to have anything good to say about him is those who have never directly been associated with him. Then it seems to be the usual old boys club with no one wanting to say anything that isn't positive.

It would be refreshing if there were more pundits like Graeme Swan. He came out recently and said that Cook isn't the right captain for Englands one day team. Cook's a mate of his (or was since he didn't take it well) but Swan told the truth as (as he said himself) he's being employed as a pundit to give his opinion.

I think in football, it's all about the clubs. In general this makes pundits more conservative about who they slag off because slagging off a popular player / manager / ex-player results in a backlash from that set of fans. I know this isn't particularly applicable to Alan Pardew but I think it's that sort of attitude in general that makes it different to cricket. I.e. slag off Wayne Rooney's England performances too much and you'll get a load of Man Utd fans giving you and your broadcaster grief. In cricket, because the emphasis is much more on the national team than the counties, then you seem to have an atmosphere whereby criticism of current players is acceptable because you don't get that backlash because of the lack of club-based tribalism.

That's not to say I disagree with you as I think it would be much better were that not true. If you look at Sky, for example, then the pundits call it as they see it when commentating on the form of England cricket players, the coaches, selectors and so on. Whereas the football ones seem much more guarded when it comes to discussing players and managers. I couldn't imagine the equivalent of Swann, Botham or whoever in football being as outspoken (and keeping their jobs).

You're probably right Alex but I also think that quote from Mourinho is spot on. There are very few footballers who show any real intelligence off the pitch. Woodgate is an excellent example of how a player can be very intelligent in how he plays football but the bloke has a nickname of villiage! They just don't make good pundits because they're boarderline retards.

You're probably right Alex but I also think that quote from Mourinho is spot on. There are very few footballers who show any real intelligence off the pitch. Woodgate is an excellent example of how a player can be very intelligent in how he plays football but the bloke has a nickname of villiage! They just don't make good pundits because they're boarderline retards.

I made it up.